Reload this Page >

Long delays in processing Disney Club order

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 04-09-09, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone experience long delays with Disney club processing their order. I made a large order ($300) and the order has still not processed 2 and 1/2 weeks later. All items were items I had not ordered before and there were no duplicates in the order.

Anyone had this happened?
Old 04-10-09, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Long delays in processing Disney Club order

Originally Posted by BKenn01
Anyone had this happened?

Yep. That's been my experience as well.
Old 04-12-09, 09:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We had one large order that was delayed for a month & a half with no shipping confirmation. Sent email with no response before finally calling. CSR told me that the delay was probably because "it's a large order & we're having trouble obtaining some items that aren't in stock". Waited another two weeks with no shipping confirmation & called again. Explained the situation & expressed extreme frustration.

Entire order arrived a week later.

The upshot is that Disney exhibits extreme incompetence at times (CSR's who seem to know absolutely nothing about movies...for instance, not understanding that a special edition/extended version of a movie is the SAME movie with the SAME stars; throwing about 40 DVDs in a gigantic box with no packing and the box about 1/3 empty; sending the wrong edition of movie, etc.). The upside is the 60% off sales...especially on their exclusives...that beat anyone else's prices.

I would call them to see what's going on. That seems to get the best results, especially if you get one of the few knowledgeable CSR's (all of them were courteous, but some seemed as if they were still in high school & knew nothing about DVDs).
Old 04-23-09, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had several big orders from the using 50 or 60% off code and EVERYTIME there is a delay. One delay was almost three months while I went back and forth with them about the order and they still screwed it up. Even my last order (which was a fulfillment) w/ 4 tins got delay almost 2 weeks.

I think if you order anything that the consider "rare" like treasures, exclusives and plat titles and use a code for a big purchase, they tend to review it.

Disney CSR's are really nice and will work with you, though they often are not the ones that make any real decisions. Though I have noticed after a call, my order gets expedited.

Patience and a call will help.