Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Amazon.uk returns question

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 04-09-09, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are returns to Amazon.uk from the US free shipping? I know for damaged goods I can go through the return/exchange process and print out a free shipping label but I'm guessing it is only valid in the UK. Anyone know for sure?
Old 04-09-09, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon.uk returns question

I'm not speaking from personal experience, but I've heard Amazon.co.uk often lets US customers just hold onto the damaged goods rather than incur the cost of the return shipping.
Old 04-09-09, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by domino harvey
I'm not speaking from personal experience, but I've heard Amazon.co.uk often lets US customers just hold onto the damaged goods rather than incur the cost of the return shipping.
this. it's happen to me before and they just told me to keep it because the shipping costs would be too much for them.
Old 04-09-09, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by domino harvey
I've had three damaged orders, and they've sent a replacement copy and told me to keep the damaged items all three times.
Old 04-09-09, 04:33 PM

... and it's happened to me in reverse. Amazon.com once sent me the wrong thing and let me keep it (while refunding me) as the Europe -> US shipping cost was prohibitive...
Old 04-10-09, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had items go missing twice, one time they sent me a replacement and said if the other one shows up to keep it (it never did), the other time they told me to send back the items, I did and they refunded me the money plus the additional shipping.
Old 04-10-09, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I emailed a CSR and they gave a choice of replacement or refund and I was advised not to return the damaged set. CSR placed an order although it shows a shipping delay. Hope it ships, I really wanted that Lean collection.
Thanks to everyone who replied.