Saints Row 2 DLC - 4/16

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Saints Row 2 DLC - 4/16

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-09, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saints Row 2 DLC - 4/16

Good stuff coming out:

http://community.saintsrow.com/blogs/?p=475

The moment many of our die-hard community members have been waiting for, DLC Pack #1 details have arrived! The first DLC pack for Saints Row 2, titled Ultor Exposed, will have gamers return to Stilwater to expose the Ultor Corporation’s latest plans while trying to bring down the evil company once and for all. Players will battle through three all new co-op enabled missions starring adult film star Tera Patrick, while commandeering new air and ground vehicles such as an attack aircraft and a luxury sports car. Ultor Exposed will offer all new customization options, including new hairstyles, clothing and costumes, along with new multiplayer maps for the Strong Arm and Gangsta Brawl multiplayer modes. We even have a few community requested customization outfits in this pack, one of which you can see below, the Beat Cop Uniform.

The first Saints Row 2 DLC pack will be available April 16th on Xbox LIVE for 800 Microsoft points and PlayStation Network for $9.99.

http://community.saintsrow.com/blogs/?p=485

There’s been a lot of comments and questions circulating around the content within our first DLC pack due out on April 16th, so let’s dig in a little deeper. First up, let’s talk transport. Getting around is Stilwater is often more about speed and swiftness than just a casual drive around the block, especially when you’re trying to get three gold stars in “Oncoming”. In total, there are 6 new modes of transportation to whisk you through each district on your tour of Stilwater.....

Did I mention that three of them will have some form of a weapon attached? Did I also fail to mention that the EDF Scout (taken from our upcoming game Red Faction: Guerrilla) has a multi-rocket Annihilator attached to the roof? For those who thought it took too long to get a five-star wanted level in-game, now is your chance to really freak out the Stilwater PD!

Old 04-06-09, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Saints Row 2 DLC - 4/16

Cannot Wait!!

I hope they have a lot of custom designs... not just clothes but hair and new voices would be kinda cool.
Old 04-06-09, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Cannot Wait!!

I hope they have a lot of custom designs... not just clothes but hair and new voices would be kinda cool.
Says new hairstyles will be available. Kinda doubt they'd have more voices -- then again - I'm not big on programming - I assumed each of the primary VA's read through every single identical line in the game - ie. a lot of work.
Old 04-07-09, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

God, I hate scrolling right & left.
Old 04-07-09, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

yay...i love this game. I can finally be a spaceman!
Old 04-19-09, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Achievements are posted on Xbox Live.

Meta-Gamer - 20p
MVP - 25p
Party Time -25p
Secret - 35p
Secret - 20p

This was delayed until the 23rd but it looks like it's definitely coming.
Old 04-19-09, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking forward to this as well!
Old 04-23-09, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

out now on xbox live marketplace.
Old 04-23-09, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Full item list:

http://community.saintsrow.com/blogs/?p=516#more-100

Follow link for more pics/links.

Missions

- Three brand new co-op enabled missions featuring Tera Patrick. See the full trailer here.

Vehicles

- Click here to view the six new vehicles. Hint: 3 of them come equipped with weapons.

Co-Op Metagame

- Click here for full details. Essentially, this turns each mission while playing co-op into a minigame as well.

Clothing

Found in “Let’s Pretend”
- EDF Helmet
- EDF Armor
- Astronaut
- Beat Cop (Hat included)
- Grey Alien (The bike he’s riding will be in DLC Pack #2)
- SWAT (Helmet included)

Found in “Branded”
- Joystick Junkies T-shirts 1-4 (Hoodie is here too)
- Joystick Junkies Hoodie

Hair

Sideburns

Multiplayer Maps

- Strong Arm: Trailer Park
- Strong Arm: Downtown
- GB/TGB: Stilwater Prison
- GB/TGB: Warehouse
Old 04-23-09, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought this was pretty disappointing. I beat it in an hour maybe less. And that's even with driving around to buy up the new clothes.
Old 04-23-09, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I thought this was pretty disappointing. I beat it in an hour maybe less. And that's even with driving around to buy up the new clothes.
The 10 dollar price tag for this sounds a bit steep. Don't they realize that we can find Tera Patrick for free on the internet?
Old 04-23-09, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well, I beat the 3 missions in exactly 30 minutes. The missions seemed pointless and extremely rushed/tacked on. Tera Patrick can't voice act for shit either. I got the DLC for achievements, but it's pure crap for content so beware!
Old 04-25-09, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 127 Posts

Ok, after all the constant talk about this game and me giving up on it only after messing around with the game for 15 minutes after the prison break......................I get it now.

Fuck me man, this game has so much shit in it that I don't even care about completing the missions right away - last night I was stoke I completed the ambulance run in one shot - reviving people with shockpads and CPR - the LAST thing I expected to do in a game like this.

But what won me over big time was "The Fuzz" - how friggin ridiculous and so funny. There's so much shit in this game that everytime I go to first play it, I don't care where I start -it's not even like a novelty thing either - it still feels fresh. I also love jacking my wanted meter up in this game to - that way I can try completeing assignments with a ton of mayhem going on around me.

This game definitely delivers.
Old 04-25-09, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rival11
Ok, after all the constant talk about this game and me giving up on it only after messing around with the game for 15 minutes after the prison break......................I get it now.

Fuck me man, this game has so much shit in it that I don't even care about completing the missions right away - last night I was stoke I completed the ambulance run in one shot - reviving people with shockpads and CPR - the LAST thing I expected to do in a game like this.

But what won me over big time was "The Fuzz" - how friggin ridiculous and so funny. There's so much shit in this game that everytime I go to first play it, I don't care where I start -it's not even like a novelty thing either - it still feels fresh. I also love jacking my wanted meter up in this game to - that way I can try completeing assignments with a ton of mayhem going on around me.

This game definitely delivers.
i agree 100%. i am almost at 50 hours. this has been one of the best $/time played i have spent.