Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

BIG STAN - Rob Schneider

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

BIG STAN - Rob Schneider

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-09, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
BIG STAN - Rob Schneider

You may remember that Rob Schneider collapsed due to heat exhaustion and food poisoning during the filming. Too bad he recovered to complete this movie.

He plays a milquetoast con man who is given 6 months to get his affairs in order before serving a 3 year prison sentence. The whole movie is about fear of prison rape. He tattoos his ass with something horrifying (not seen) to make it undesirable. He has his wife violate him with a huge dildo to prepare him. It's that kind of movie. In a particularly nasty scene, he wakes his wife up and tells her that men have broken into the house and are going to gangrape her. To beat the point home, he keeps screaming RAPE YOU while holding her in his arms. This was just to let her know how HE feels about going to prison.

Or course, he ends up being the toughest man in prison thanks to his training under The Master (David Carradine) and beats the hell out of everyone. There's a subplot about the crooked warden trying to get the prison closed so condos can be put on the land, but this movie is about one thing, RAPE!

Lots of familiar faces, Jennifer Morrison, M. Emmett Walsh, Randy Couture, Bob Sapp, Dan Haggerty (WTF!), Richard Kind.
Old 04-02-09, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Re: BIG STAN - Rob Schneider

I've heard the movie isn't that good but does have some very funny parts. I might Redbox it one of these days.
Old 04-02-09, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's not that good, but it does have a few laughs here and there. Interesting story to why it was released straight to DVD and not theatrically: Sony was the original distributor and had asked Rob to cut about 10 minutes to bring the movie in under 100 minutes (pretty standard length for comedies like this). He refused so they dumped it to HBO who released it on DVD.
Old 04-02-09, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Derp de derp de derpedy derp!
Old 04-02-09, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was filmed at the womens prison here. I got to meet Bob Sapp, but missed out on drinking with Rob Schneider. Shame.

= J
Old 04-02-09, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarantino
I got to meet Bob Sapp

= J
Did he RAPE you?

That guy is a beast.
Old 04-02-09, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

Where's Duece Bigealow 3?
Old 04-02-09, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
That guy is a beast.
He was monstrous, even bigger in person. We took a few pictures with him and he towered over everyone.

= J
Old 04-02-09, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by FinkPish
It's not that good, but it does have a few laughs here and there. Interesting story to why it was released straight to DVD and not theatrically: Sony was the original distributor and had asked Rob to cut about 10 minutes to bring the movie in under 100 minutes (pretty standard length for comedies like this). He refused so they dumped it to HBO who released it on DVD.
Love it. Schneider didn't mention this at all on Howard Stern last week. And I just couldn't understand why he would make a movie to be released on DVD only. So thanks for sharing. What a idiot Schneider is. More than 10 minutes could have and should have been cut from it. I watched it last night via Netflix and it was absolutely dreadful. I laughed maybe 5 times.
Old 04-03-09, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

err...he and Howard talked about it AT LENGTH. I'm not even talking about a few sentences. They had a whole conversation about the production, the actors, Schneider's heat exhaustion, etc.
Old 04-03-09, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wewantflair
err...he and Howard talked about it AT LENGTH. I'm not even talking about a few sentences. They had a whole conversation about the production, the actors, Schneider's heat exhaustion, etc.
I think Daytripper meant that Rob didn't bring up the fact that we was too stubborn to cut 10 minutes from his movie to secure a theatrical release.
Old 04-03-09, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by FinkPish
I think Daytripper meant that Rob didn't bring up the fact that we was too stubborn to cut 10 minutes from his movie to secure a theatrical release.
That's exactly what I meant.
Old 04-07-09, 04:47 AM
Banned

Rented this tonight and It was definitely worth the free redbox rental. It wasn't great but actually pretty humorous. Lots of funny parts and dammit I can't help it, I'm a sucker for Rob Schneider.