Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

WBShop.com shipping time?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-09, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've searched the forums, but came up short.

How long does it usually take for wbshop.com to actually ship out orders? I placed an order on Friday. Their site says 1-2 business days, but it didn't ship on Monday or Tuesday.

I guess I'm just looking to hear what I should expect for shipping time. Also, are they known for packing their stuff well?

Thanks!
Old 03-25-09, 12:24 PM

Re: WBShop.com shipping time?

Shipping time appears to be totally random, at least to me.

I pre-ordered "A Time to Kill" on blu-ray back in February. Never received a shipping notice, but UPS delivered it the day BEFORE the release day.

On the other hand, I ordered the Batman Blu-ray Anthology Mar 8, and the confirmation page had an estimated delivery date of Mar 13. On the 16th, still no sign of shipping. I sent an email requesting they cancel my order, and was told it was in the "shipping process" and couldn't be cancelled. It still didn't ship until Mar 20. Scheduled delivery is today, and I have my eyes glued to the window to spot the UPS driver so I can refuse delivery. 10 business days, and 14 days total, to ship an in-stock item is unacceptable to me.

I ended up ordering the Batman Anthology from Columbia House when I found a deal that could be applied to a set, and even they managed to ship the day after I placed the order.

As for packing, that's kind of a crapshoot as well. A Time To Kill was shipped in a padded envelope. Not sure on the Batman set, hopefully it's in a box, but since I'm sending it back I don't really care.
Old 03-25-09, 01:16 PM

The Batman set is exactly what I ordered. Based on their shipping and delivery estimates, I ordered from them Friday figuring I'd have it by this coming weekend. It doesn't look like that will be the case. Which is lame because if their site reflected the actual shipping time I would have just bought it locally and started watching the movies last weekend.
Old 03-25-09, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've found that when ordering from WB it will arrive in weeks, not days.
Old 03-25-09, 03:00 PM

Well, my Batman order from Columbia House just showed up. Sad that the CH order was placed 12 days after the WBShop order, and still arrived first.

I don't think I'll be ordering from WBShop again anytime soon.
Old 03-25-09, 05:20 PM

UPS just showed up. WBShop shipped the Batman Anthology in a padded envelope. Crappy packing for a $90+ set!

Don't know how the set held up, as I didn't inspect it very closely before refusing delivery.
Old 04-03-09, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by meglet
Well, my Batman order from Columbia House just showed up. Sad that the CH order was placed 12 days after the WBShop order, and still arrived first.

I don't think I'll be ordering from WBShop again anytime soon.
Yeah, I said that too, before they discounted all of those Doctor Who titles as deeply as they did. I got sucked back in, and now I'm waiting... waiting... waiting...