Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Disney To Raise Blu-ray Prices?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-09, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://hidefdvdempire.blogspot.com/2...ay-prices.html

Despite the fact that research shows that consumers already think Blu-rays are priced too high, Disney may soon be raising the retail price of their releases.

Disney reported a 64% first quarter decline, and Disney CEO Robert Iger seems to believe that customers will be willing to pay more for the “added value” that Blu-ray releases provide (hi-def picture, digital copy, etc.).
I searched the forum and didnt find a post on this. Mr. Iger apparantley hasnt realized we are in a recession and Blu-ray is still a luxury to many. He may get more for the vault classics, but I dont think newer movies will command already high prices.

According to dvdpricesearch, the lowest price on Bolt currently is $26.99. My kids can deal with watching the standard version for the price difference.
Old 03-22-09, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Disney To Raise Blu-ray Prices?

This was posted already-- I'm far too lazy to do a look-up, though.

I'll be paying $15 for Bolt on BD once I price-match Toys R Us and use the $10 manufacturer's coupon.
Old 03-22-09, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BKenn01
I searched the forum and didnt find a post on this. Mr. Iger apparantley hasnt realized we are in a recession and Blu-ray is still a luxury to many. He may get more for the vault classics, but I dont think newer movies will command already high prices.

According to dvdpricesearch, the lowest price on Bolt currently is $26.99. My kids can deal with watching the standard version for the price difference.
first of all a simple search of Iger brings up the following post
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/549...m-product.html

given you aren't too proficient with searching threads and by the looks of it your deal searching skills lack as well I will also provide the following service by letting you know there is a $10 off Bolt Blu Ray coupon that can be easily had making the release a 14.99 - 16.99 blu ray release depending on where you pick it up at. This is also before any other related (pasta) rebates available as well.

dvdpriceseach while a nice starting point certainly is not all inclusive as it certainly does not represent b&m pricing and often is out of date with current online pricing

Just a little bit of research and your kids could be enjoying the BD with an included copy of the SD dvd at a fair price point
Old 03-22-09, 02:20 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

here it is
Old 03-22-09, 02:36 PM

^ Musick beat me to it.

But this brings up a point about searching. People are always complaining about the search function here at DVDtalk. One problem is that there are a confusing number of ways to search. It seems like there is a search button every few inches on the screen.

I've heard of some of the search buttons/functions not working well, but I always have success with the one way that I've learned to search.

I go to the "search" link in the middle of each forum page, the one on the line with User CP, FAQ, ....., Search, ....., Log Out. I click "Search" once to pull down the little sub-menu, and click "advanced search". Then I search for a keyword with "search titles only" selected. Works perfectly for me.
Old 03-22-09, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"search this forum" right under the page count at the top seems to work just fine in all situations for me (if you are logged in at all times)
Old 03-22-09, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by musick
"search this forum" right under the page count at the top seems to work just fine in all situations for me (if you are logged in at all times)
I'm rarely on the forum view screen. I'm always inside of a thread pretty much.
Old 03-22-09, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Totally missed it in the search. Stike up the Bolt search to laziness.
Old 03-22-09, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by musick
first of all a simple search of Iger brings up the following post
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/549...m-product.html

given you aren't too proficient with searching threads and by the looks of it your deal searching skills lack as well I will also provide the following service by letting you know there is a $10 off Bolt Blu Ray coupon that can be easily had making the release a 14.99 - 16.99 blu ray release depending on where you pick it up at. This is also before any other related (pasta) rebates available as well.

dvdpriceseach while a nice starting point certainly is not all inclusive as it certainly does not represent b&m pricing and often is out of date with current online pricing

Just a little bit of research and your kids could be enjoying the BD with an included copy of the SD dvd at a fair price point
You sound a bit harsher then you needed to be.