Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Setup-help

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-09, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Setup-help

Hi i'm having a lot of problems with my current setup i think its to do with my cinema system but theres no info on it , i bought it years ago so thats not much help but its a goodmans GDVD 500R, mainly there are two problems number one; it displays with a green tint i've tried to fix it but nothing i can seem to do works fiddling with settings giving it a good clean etc , that wouldn't be a great issue for me if it weren't for my second problem.
I have a 1080p tv and i connected it to my Xbox 360 to make the most of it and that works but then i thought why not add the cinema system to the mix , that i hadn't used in a while (for the already a problem green tint) and connected the toslink cable from my xbox's audio dongle that came with the HDMI cable , into the back of my cinema system but i cant get it to work i think mainly because HDMI on my tv uses channels AV 5 and 6 where-as my cinema system only has options for AV-1 and AV-2 , any suggestions? A solution to either problem would be great i don't really care which as long as theres something this thing can do. Also if it helps at all i've got an un-used picture (regular-1080p) and audio (coaxial to digital) up/down scalers that i used before i got my new box with a HDMI port. And thanks in advance for any help given (Hopefully)
Old 03-18-09, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Setup-help

Are you sure the optical jack is an input on the GDVD?
Old 03-19-09, 06:20 AM

yep im pretty sure , it says optical input right under it. So i don't think thats the problem.
Old 03-19-09, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

You need to sort out the problems one by one.

Why is the tv showing a green tint? Is this on all sources or just the dvd player? Do you have another dvd player to connect or do you have a tv source?

IIRC the Xbox does not have an optical cable that is part of an hdmi cable. The optical is part of the component cable set. If you are connecting the xbox with hdmi you do not need the optical cable.
Old 03-19-09, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I'm not sure how those AVx inputs work on SCART TVs since we don't have that here. But the TV input really shouldn't affect the XBox input. I wonder if there is a setting in the Xbox that needs to be changed to get the audio correct. Or in the GDVD to turn on the digital input.

Have you tried all the options you have for connecting the video from the GDVD to see if the green happens with all of them?
Old 03-19-09, 01:11 PM

The green tint appears Only with this dvd player , nothing else and it happens even if i don't connect an xbox these problems are unrelated i just want to use it for Either purpose right now either channeling audio or playing DVD's.