Battlestar Galactica -- "Deadlock" -- 2/20/2009 -- The Final Five Episodes

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-20-09, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spoiler:
Ellen is faced with a decision that could have reprecussions for humans and the future of the entire Cylon race.

The end approaches quickly. Only 5 episodes left, not counting the upcoming movie, The Plan.
Old 02-20-09, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts
Re: Battlestar Galactica -- "Deadlock" -- 2/20/2009 -- The Final Five Episodes

It's actually 6 episodes left, if you count the last episode split into 2:
http://www.syfyportal.com/news426076.html
Old 02-20-09, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Splitting hairs. There are only 5 original airings left
Old 02-20-09, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see that Hulu will not be able to show the last 5 episodes until 8 days after the broadcast date. Will SciFi put the episodes online right away or will I have to wait?

I don't have SciFi on cable (it was a choice between High Speed Internet and Expanded Basic Cable) and don't really want to wait that long to be able to discuss the show with my friends and online.

I know there are, ahem, other means of downloading the episodes, but I don't want to go that route.
Old 02-20-09, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
don't really want to wait that long to be able to discuss the show with my friends and online.
Good to know the people online and your friends are mutually-exclusive sets of people
Old 02-20-09, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
I see that Hulu will not be able to show the last 5 episodes until 8 days after the broadcast date. Will SciFi put the episodes online right away or will I have to wait?

I don't have SciFi on cable (it was a choice between High Speed Internet and Expanded Basic Cable) and don't really want to wait that long to be able to discuss the show with my friends and online.

I know there are, ahem, other means of downloading the episodes, but I don't want to go that route.
If sci-fi doesn't have them, they should be available to download on the xbox 360 (not free of course, but at least you can watch).
Old 02-21-09, 02:59 AM

Wasted episode as we return to Days of Our Lives in Space again.

at Adama tossing Boomer in the brig. Nuking the human race? All is forgiven. Programmed to shoot Adama once upon a time? Death sentence.

Tyrol's decision to leave was utterly out of character, particularly after Boomer's return.

Baltar and his cult are annoying as ever. And he was such a great character in the miniseries and S1-2 . . .

Roslin's reaction to the news that her Six is indeed Caprica-Six was underwhelming, particularly given her vision of Baltar with a Six a couple of seasons ago. Maybe the old girl is just slow.

The one positive of the episode is that Boomer and the Chief are primed to hook up again after scraping the bottom of the romance barrel for a long, long time.
Old 02-21-09, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Ellen, still a bitch.
Old 02-21-09, 07:56 AM

Very flat episode for me......

Can they show Adama enough times with that wide eyed look studying the Galactica?
Old 02-21-09, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grrr
at Adama tossing Boomer in the brig. Nuking the human race? All is forgiven. Programmed to shoot Adama once upon a time? Death sentence.
I'd do it to. Nuking the human race isn't targeted and it isn't personal. Sending out a sleeper to shoot you in the gut after nuking the human race, personal.
Old 02-21-09, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Mike2
Very flat episode for me......

Can they show Adama enough times with that wide eyed look studying the Galactica?
Can they also show Adama enough times getting drunk? I thought Tigh was the one with a drinking problem.
Old 02-21-09, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, there goes the truly cylon baby. Was it from Caprica's encounter with the humans earlier in the episode, or that she saw Tigh's love for her falter in light of Ellen's return?

The Baltar stuff was just wacky and silly, almost sophomoric writing. I can't believe Jane Espensen wrote this episode.
Old 02-21-09, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

Wasted episode as we return to Days of Our Lives in Space again.

I at the same thing because it made zero sense. And your Days comment is spot on.

On the bright side, I can say that I wasn't confused after watching this episode.
Old 02-21-09, 09:00 AM

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Not up to the standard set by the last few eps. Nothing important really happened, although Adama and Roslyn finding that the Cylons had added their own memorial wall to the corridor was a good moment. The fact that the Galactica crew had not defaced or destroyed it was interesting.
Old 02-21-09, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thought it was just alright, fairly flat - but that moment with Tigh and Adama when he tells him about Liam, that was pretty damn good.
Old 02-21-09, 09:27 AM

Not a great episode but somebody please tell me that Cottle and Roslin did not pull the "act like the cylon baby is dead and hide the kid in the fleet" trick again.....
Old 02-21-09, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Kind of funny how Ellen points out the Six is his daughter but she was doing the incest thing with that other old cylon, that was made in the image of her father no less.
Old 02-21-09, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by N2DVD
Not up to the standard set by the last few eps. Nothing important really happened, although Adama and Roslyn finding that the Cylons had added their own memorial wall to the corridor was a good moment. The fact that the Galactica crew had not defaced or destroyed it was interesting.
I don't know. I thought Ellen coming back on board, Anders getting brain activity, the baby dying, the strong move to leave the humans, and the return of head six were important. Some of those things might be meaningless. Anders might never wake but Ellen coming back has already caused waves. I wonder if the fact she screwed half the ship will be brought up.
Old 02-21-09, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I at the same thing because it made zero sense. And your Days comment is spot on.

On the bright side, I can say that I wasn't confused after watching this episode.
Ahhh but there is no way of knowing if she is still programmed to be a traitor or not. There hasn't been anythign the suggest that the programming was removed. So considering she might not have freewill it would be best to lock her up.
Old 02-21-09, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is the only real thing learned from this episode is that only the males of the Final Five can reproduce with other Cylons to create a pure-breed? And that the females of the Eight wouldn't be able to carry it to full term?

(I'm counting Athena out because a human impregnated her.)

Last edited by DGibFen; 02-21-09 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-21-09, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts

I didn't like the insinuation that Caprica was losing her baby because Saul didn't love her enough. Shades of Padme.

Otherwise I thought it was good. Things are slipping away from Adama. The flask scene meant a lot to both the characters of Adama and Tigh. The Galactica herself is being fundamentally altered. The Baltar stuff was a little hackneyed, but ultimately served a purpose. Tyrol voting to leave after being brought back into the fold by Adama is somewhat puzzling. This will hopefully be explored further.

Not looking forward to a lot of distraction regarding Boomers treason court marshal. Nice to see Kara's issues are going to be addressed, but this should have been weaved into the last few episodes.
Old 02-21-09, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

We all knew it was too good to be true -- Ron Moore can't produce a full season without some pointless filler. I expect next week James Darren will show up as a lounge singer that the entire crew turns to for advice.
Old 02-21-09, 04:30 PM

Tyrol's decision to leave was utterly out of character, particularly after Boomer's return.

Baltar and his cult are annoying as ever. And he was such a great character in the miniseries and S1-2 . . .
I thought for sure Tyrol would vote to stay, the vote would be 2-2 and the argument would be over whether Ander's truly wanted to stay and since he wasn't conscious - they couldn't just claim a 'stay' vote.

And I wonder which writer(s) Baltar pissed off! I'm sure the latest thread is leading somewhere into the final shows, but they took a character of such promise early on and have completely eviscerated it over the last few seasons.

I'm starting to get worried about a truly diasappointing ending coming to a once great show.
Old 02-21-09, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
We all knew it was too good to be true -- Ron Moore can't produce a full season without some pointless filler. I expect next week James Darren will show up as a lounge singer that the entire crew turns to for advice.
does that mean Gaeta was a Ferengi?
Old 02-21-09, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I also agree with the confusion over Tyrol's vote and to take it further, what the heck is up with how his character is being used? Like one minute he's working on the hull and the next minute he's lounging in the medical bay.

Don't see why they didn't make it 2-3 with the baby and Caprica Six being the overriding votes as opposed to just throwing Tyrol over on the go side.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.