Bones -- "The Hero in the Hold" -- 2/5/09

Old 02-05-09, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,546 Likes on 2,541 Posts
Bones -- "The Hero in the Hold" -- 2/5/09

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Missing evidence from the Grave Digger investigation arouses suspicion of Brennan, Hodgins and an author who wrote about the case, but a judge's inquiry takes a backseat after the sepulchral serial killer reveals that Booth may be his latest victim.

The preview for this episode looked really good. Finally a more serious storyline instead of the recent humorous ones.
Old 02-05-09, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Bones -- "The Hero in the Hold" -- 2/5/09

I am glad we heard from the Gravedigger again but i guess i didnt pay enough attention as to why GD did what he did.
Old 02-05-09, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn good episode!!!!
Old 02-05-09, 11:02 PM

oh god this was a great episode.

Spoiler:
What was up with corporal Parker?? For both booth and bones to see him like that. Does this mean he will finally tell bones he loves her ?

Loved the reveal on how Booths son got his name...
Old 02-05-09, 11:24 PM

I thought this was the best episode this season. Very well done.
Old 02-05-09, 11:33 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

When was the last gravedigger episode? I was kinda fuzzy on the particulars - I remember Bones and Hodgins buried in the car; were there any other episodes?

I could have used a "Previously On" with clips from the past GD episode(s) to jog my memory a bit; I felt sort of lost (though the episode worked on it's own).

Last edited by sb5; 02-06-09 at 02:59 AM.
Old 02-05-09, 11:55 PM

The episodes for this season seem really mixed up in order to me....
Old 02-06-09, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I started watching this episode last night and it starts with them getting interrogated by the FBI? Did I miss a previous episode?
Old 02-06-09, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I started watching this episode last night and it starts with them getting interrogated by the FBI? Did I miss a previous episode?
No.

What briefly confused me was that they recast the role of Vega, the author. In the first "Gravedigger" episode, he was played by Benito Martinez from The Shield.
Old 02-06-09, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree this episode could have used either a "previously" or a better opening scene. I liked the episode, but I'm kind of torn on the ghost stuff. The scenes were good, but I just don't like that they put a "real" ghost in the show.

Also, FYI, the original Gravedigger episode was suppose to end with them catching the Gravedigger, who was the female journalist who co-wrote the book with Vega, but they cut that ending and put in some character moments for Bones/Booth and Angela/Hodges. We know this because Fox.com put up a summary on their website which contained the original ending before replacing it with the updated version.

Last edited by wmansir; 02-06-09 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-06-09, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by wmansir
FYI, the original Gravedigger episode was suppose to end with them catching the Gravedigger, who was the female journalist who co-wrote the book with Vega.
So they didn't have to change it but they did anyway, since they mentioned her getting killed in a car accident.
Old 02-06-09, 03:38 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by wmansir
I agree this episode could have used either a "previously" or a better opening scene. I liked the episode, but I'm kind of torn on the ghost stuff. The scenes were good, but I just don't like that they put a "real" ghost in the show.

Also, FYI, the original Gravedigger episode was suppose to end with them catching the Gravedigger, who was the female journalist who co-wrote the book with Vega, but they cut that ending and put in some character moments for Bones/Booth and Angela/Hodges. We know this because Fox.com put up a summary on their website which contained the original ending before replacing it with the updated version.
Was that a Season Two episode? I had to refresh my GF on who the Gravedigger was (and she loves the show) and could only remember they were trapped under some dirt in a car.
Old 02-06-09, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, it was season two's "Aliens in a Spaceship", the title referring to the twin boys, found in a brewery container I believe. The episode starts with Brenner awaking in the car and realizing she's been kidnapped by the Gravedigger, then they flash back 48 hours or so to tell the story.

I think what happened was they decided to keep the GD as a reoccurring villain so they changed the ending. They were going to get back to it during season 3, but with the strike and the Gormagon they decided to push it back to season 4.

Reflecting on this episode I had a mildly disappointed feeling I couldn't place. I think it's because there wasn't enough Dr. Brennan in it, or more specifically Brennan/Booth interactions.
Old 02-07-09, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've been waiting for another GD episode and was kind of surprised they caught her in this one ... seemed like they would squeeze more eps out of the character.
Old 02-08-09, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,546 Likes on 2,541 Posts

I liked this episode, but I wasn't a fan of having Booth talking to the imaginary Private from his past. I think it would have been more interesting if Booth and a "real" 2nd person were trapped in that boat and worked together to get out.

Other than that, the episode had some good tension and suspense.