Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

The Big Bang Theory, Pushing Daisies, Chuck: Season One sets at Target - $15.99 ea.

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

The Big Bang Theory, Pushing Daisies, Chuck: Season One sets at Target - $15.99 ea.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-09, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noticed this today at Target -- ongoing special, through March 2 according to the shelf tag, $15.99 ea. for any of the following:
  • The Big Bang Theory: Season One
  • Chuck: Season One
  • Pushing Daisies: Season One
Old 01-31-09, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The Big Bang Theory, Pushing Daisies, Chuck: Season One sets at Target - $15.99 e

Sweet. I was going to go to pick up some 3D glasses for the upcoming Chuck episode. I'll pick up BBT
Old 01-31-09, 03:52 PM

Re: The Big Bang Theory, Pushing Daisies, Chuck: Season One sets at Target - $15.99 e

Big Bang Theory turned out to be a great show. A steal at 15.99
Old 01-31-09, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Never seen BBT, but at that price I'm willing to take a chance - thanks OP!
Old 01-31-09, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Chuck: Season One for $15.99? Sold!!!!
Old 01-31-09, 07:50 PM
Banned

Big Bang Theory for me!
Old 01-31-09, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a steal for Chuck. But I already have it... Good deal on BBT too...
Old 01-31-09, 09:43 PM

Please buy Pushing Daisies so they'll put out the second season on DVD. It doesn't look like ABC is planning on showing the rest of the unaired epsiodes.
Old 01-31-09, 10:06 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Note to anyone thinking of blind buying Big Bang Theory - stick with it. The pilot and first few episodes are kinda weak and aren't indicative of the quality of the show near the end of the 1st season and the 2nd season.

May pick up Chuck at that price.
Old 01-31-09, 10:51 PM

I'm definitely getting Pushing Daisies. I've been waiting for a good price on this one for awhile. I'm so saddened to see another Bryan Fuller series get cancelled. The worst of all has to be Dead Like Me, but this one is pretty bad too.
Old 01-31-09, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by hiccup
I'm so saddened to see another Bryan Fuller series get cancelled. The worst of all has to be Dead Like Me, but this one is pretty bad too.

At least Dead Like Me is getting a straight to dvd movie release this month to tie up any loose ends from the series. Hope we can get one for Pushing Daisies as well someday.
Old 02-02-09, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by mongoco
At least Dead Like Me is getting a straight to dvd movie release this month to tie up any loose ends from the series. Hope we can get one for Pushing Daisies as well someday.
It's supposedly getting a rap up comic book
Old 02-02-09, 08:28 AM

I wonder if they really are going to be tying up any loose ends. Since Bryan Fuller has nothing to do with it, it makes me wonder. Plus it takes place years later and Rube is gone . At least we get Desmond (aka Henry Ian Cusick). I guess Mandy Patinkin couldn't handle doing it and Criminal Minds, but Cusick can handle doing it and Lost. Oh well, I still want to see it and hope it's as good as the show.
Old 02-02-09, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by dmkb
Never seen BBT, but at that price I'm willing to take a chance - thanks OP!
We love that show. One of the few sitcoms we still watch.
Old 02-02-09, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Wazootyman
Will that include grim rappers?
Old 02-02-09, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by obidawsn
I guess Mandy Patinkin couldn't handle doing it and Criminal Minds.
Has Mandy Patinkin ever not quit a show?
Old 02-02-09, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Wazootyman
i love pushing daisies for the actors' performances so the comic book holds little interest for me. they should package it with the season 2 dvd release if there ever is one.
Old 02-02-09, 05:37 PM

I believe Entertainment Weekly's website reported last week that they have already confirmed that there WILL be a Season 2 set for Pushing Daisies, and not only that, they have gone in and done reshoots for the final episode to sort of tie things up. (It apparently hadn't been cancelled yet when they originally shot it.)
Old 02-02-09, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There are also a couple of seasons of Friends for this same price FWIW.
Old 02-03-09, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by HowardBannister
I believe Entertainment Weekly's website reported last week that they have already confirmed that there WILL be a Season 2 set for Pushing Daisies, and not only that, they have gone in and done reshoots for the final episode to sort of tie things up. (It apparently hadn't been cancelled yet when they originally shot it.)
Thanks for that news, I hadn't heard it yet and I hope it's true.
Old 02-03-09, 04:09 PM

I've seen it, and it doesn't tie up any loose ends at all. In fact, it actually brings up new questions that it fails to answer. The only real closure we get is in the relationship between George and Reggie's characters, but that's it.
Old 02-03-09, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by leitmotif
I've seen it, and it doesn't tie up any loose ends at all. In fact, it actually brings up new questions that it fails to answer. The only real closure we get is in the relationship between George and Reggie's characters, but that's it.
So is it worth picking up for those of us who have the first two seasons?
Old 02-04-09, 07:42 AM

So is it worth picking up for those of us who have the first two seasons?
If you're a fan of the series then it's worth picking up because it's essentially an extra long season 3 episode. It doesn't provide much closure for the series as a whole, but it's nice to have a new hour and a half of the show to watch after so many years off the air.

If you judge it just as a stand alone extended episode then it's pretty good, and they definitely retained the look and feel of the original series very well.

I'm just hoping this leads either to more movies or the return of the series on TV, because this certainly doesn't act as a belated series finale, instead it's more of a continuation.
Old 02-04-09, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Are BBT and Chuck non-anamorphic? The wording on the back is kinda confusing.
Old 02-04-09, 11:55 AM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Both BBT and Chuck are anamorphic widescreen.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.