Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Indy trilogy possibly to Blu by year's end

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-09, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lego Indiana Jones 2 and Trilogy Blu Ray!
Reported By - Simon - 21:45:34 (GMT)

Cool Toy Review have shots of a Lucasfilm powerpoint presentation. It shows that by the end of the year there will be another Lego Indiana Jones game and that the original trilogy films will be coming to Blu Ray.
Pop over to read the full details and see the pictures they have of it.
http://www.theprivateuniverse.co.uk/...articleid=3910

looks like the original story/info was taken down
I'm only a fan of the first but I'm sure this will excite some of you here
Old 01-29-09, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Indy trilogy possibly to Blu by year's end

Great news! Assuming Lucas does agree to release the trilogy by the end of the year, I hope this means we'll get Star Wars sooner than later.
Old 01-29-09, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"Trilogy"? They're not going to include the 4th one, or is this just individual releases?

The link on that page to see the pics doesn't work.
Old 01-29-09, 05:59 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

It was pulled quickly.
Old 01-29-09, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
It was pulled quickly.
Probably a good indication that it is coming.
Old 01-29-09, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Being yanked is a good sign that it's legit. Let's hope it includes all the extras from both the first and second Indy box sets.
Old 01-29-09, 07:32 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lego Indy II? What's going to be in that? Only Crystal Skull?
Old 01-29-09, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
It was pulled quickly.
Originally Posted by jiggawhat
Probably a good indication that it is coming.
If ever there was a moment where a "That's what she said" was needed, this is it!
Old 01-29-09, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
Being yanked is a good sign that it's legit. Let's hope it includes all the extras from both the first and second Indy box sets.
I'm just mad that this is the same week I caved and bought KOTCS. Not one but BOTH versions (Target exclusive and regular) and am now thinking I'll just keep the regular one and take the Target one back. I'm sure even if its not a 4-movie set, the other three will not match the Target exclusive.
Old 01-29-09, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Hopefully these won't be the versions Lucasfilm sent out to the HD channels with "fixed" effects.
Old 01-29-09, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If it is just the trilogy, hopefully they'll include a spacer for KOTCS. i'm still holding off purchase of it just in case a 4 BD set is announced.

The Valeyard:
What were those "fixed" effects exactly?
Old 01-29-09, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I'm just mad that this is the same week I caved and bought KOTCS. Not one but BOTH versions (Target exclusive and regular) and am now thinking I'll just keep the regular one and take the Target one back. I'm sure even if its not a 4-movie set, the other three will not match the Target exclusive.
Unless there's a target exclusive for the originals.
Old 01-29-09, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Good news, and I hope they leave that silly 4th movie out. Don't need a 65 YO Indy, thanks.
Old 01-29-09, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Hopefully these won't be the versions Lucasfilm sent out to the HD channels with "fixed" effects.
Didn't know they did this to the Indy films as well. What was "fixed"?
Old 01-29-09, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

It was just one shot in Raiders, as far as I knew, of a jeep going off a cliff during the cliff sequence. The cliff was matte paintings in the original theatrical versions, it had clearly been replaced with CG even in a low-res, cam YouTube clip.

Here it is:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D0F-qqaNnjI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D0F-qqaNnjI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 01-29-09, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Here's an even better one.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e_sFW8grQtU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e_sFW8grQtU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TQBLTB5f3j0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TQBLTB5f3j0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited by tylergfoster; 01-30-09 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-30-09, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
It was just one shot in Raiders, as far as I knew, of a jeep going off a cliff during the cliff sequence. The cliff was matte paintings in the original theatrical versions, it had clearly been replaced with CG even in a low-res, cam YouTube clip.

Here it is:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D0F-qqaNnjI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D0F-qqaNnjI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Really? That was the only difference? That's not that big of a deal. It's not like the Greedo shoots first stuff or replacing guns with walkie-talkies. Could it be possible that the matte painting cliff didn't hold up in HD? I think it's funny that people enjoyed seeing the new effects in the HD Star Trek series, but Lucas can't fix the effects in his movies.
Old 01-30-09, 05:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by obidawsn
Really? That was the only difference? That's not that big of a deal. It's not like the Greedo shoots first stuff or replacing guns with walkie-talkies. Could it be possible that the matte painting cliff didn't hold up in HD? I think it's funny that people enjoyed seeing the new effects in the HD Star Trek series, but Lucas can't fix the effects in his movies.
There are lots of fixes but they are already in the DVD releases. But IMO most of them are improvements like removing the reflections in the glass between Ford an the snakes, which gave the trick away.
Old 01-30-09, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by HumanMedia
There are lots of fixes but they are already in the DVD releases. But IMO most of them are improvements like removing the reflections in the glass between Ford an the snakes, which gave the trick away.
Oh, yeah, I was wondering about that. I know they had fixed that and some other stuff for the DVD release. I totally agree with fixing that. But I also don't have a problem with them fixing the effects shot on the cliff.
Old 01-30-09, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't see the big deal in that cliff shot.
Old 01-30-09, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kal-El
I don't see the big deal in that cliff shot.
From the Youtube clip, I can't tell what the purpose of the change was, nor which version is the new one.
Old 01-30-09, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

This will be a welcome addition to my collection if it's true.
Old 01-30-09, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Doctorossi
From the Youtube clip, I can't tell what the purpose of the change was, nor which version is the new one.
Perhaps when they went and made a High Def master for the DVDs, they noticed how soft the optical effects made the cliff shot. Normally, they might do their best and let it go. I suppose, if you really wanted to, you could pull up the original film elements (live action + matte painting) and re-composite it all in high definition. Then again, this might reveal flaws or softness in the painting. At that point, why not redo it with CGI. I would have had no problem with the original in any condition.

-beebs
Old 01-30-09, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by obidawsn
I think it's funny that people enjoyed seeing the new effects in the HD Star Trek series, but Lucas can't fix the effects in his movies.
FYI, not everyone loves the new Star Trek effects...I personally find them to be an interesting alternative, but sometimes they really can stand out and not necessarily be any more "real" looking than before...same problem the overabundance of CGI had on the SW prequels, compared to the original trilogy....
I am very happy to hear that Paramount is planning to put both versions onto the Blu-ray releases...I was beginning to get worried that they were going the way of Lucas since the original version DVDs went OOP and they recently put the "remastered" versions of a few TOS episodes on the last DVD compilation they released....glad to hear they are taking the better "Spielberg w/ET" approach and offer both versions so you can watch your preference...

Back on topic...I will buy an Indy trilogy Blu-ray set and set it next to my KOTCS Blu-ray, hopefully with all the previous extras carried over!
Old 01-30-09, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'd rather have the Back to the Future trilogy.

Please release them individually. Just Raiders... please.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.