Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Afro Samurai: Resurrection

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-09, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afro Samurai: Resurrection

Afro Samurai: Resurrection premieres on Spike TV on Sunday, January 25 from 10:00 PM to Midnight, ET/PT.

"Resurrection is a direct sequel to the series that aired on Spike TV in 2007. It's got mostly the same staff behind it, but experience and feedback from the original have brought many improvements. The art in Resurrection is more detailed, the music is hotter, and the story has matured. There's also more blood in this one; rivers literally run red with it. But some things are still the same. The signature, stylish sword fighting that helped make the franchise popular is still there.

Afro Samurai: Resurrection is a welcome addition to the Afro Samurai franchise. If you saw the first installment, you absolutely have to catch the second one. You'll see this one and want it in your home collection (if for nothing else, to see the content that Spike TV will censor), and you won't have to wait long because the DVD and Blu-Ray releases become available on February 3rd."
Old 01-25-09, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Afro Samurai: Resurrection

I'm recording this but, I'd almost rather wait and watch it on DVD. The Spike channel is some horrible quality video.
Old 01-25-09, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thats exactly what I'm doing. After seeing how much better the Directors Cut DVD of the 1st series was without all of the edits and censoring that Spike TV did. I'm going to wait and pick up Resurrection on DVD.
Old 01-28-09, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I accidently bought the Edited DVD version today. Is anyone interested in buying it? The Funimation studio has some retarded marketers. There is no way to tell from the Edited DVD version that it is an edited version.