Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Amusement'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-09, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

I read Cameron McGaughy's DVD review of Amusement at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=36066 and...

I love how the trauma counselor wasn't suspicious about the "FBI holding cell" being under a rickety cabin in the middle of nowhere staffed by just one guy in a blue jacket.
Old 01-26-09, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Amusement'

I'm jealous of your review because I forgot to make a joke about "Roommate Night", which I had in my notes to do. But with so much to choose from, it got lost in the shuffle.

Seriously, didn't you think that woman was in drag? I laughed when I realized I was mistaken...I was SO impressed with myself, only to be proven wrong.
Old 01-27-09, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Amusement'

I actually was amused by Amusement! It's the perfect film to watch with a bunch of friends and make fun of what's going on and what the characters are doing.

And there is some suspense at times and good atmosphere.

But man, the movie is indeed gorgeous and well shot. The box actually doesn't do the movie justice on how well it looks. So many direct to video horror is SO low budget and crappy looking.

But anyway, I actually recommend this movie. Yes, the characters do stupid things constantly, but really, in any horror movie, they have to, or else there is no movie. You just have to laugh and go along with it.

But I agree with the other poster, the DUMBEST thing in the movie is that counselor. It makes no sense why she would think any of that is legit!