Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Just started watching BONES

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-09, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just started watching BONES

So it's been on for a few years, but I never saw a single episode. I guess it's been on long enough for syndication, because the repeats just started showing on TNT.
I've been watching those, and it's really a pretty good show.
The supporting characters can be kind of annoying, but I'm liking the banter between Deschanel and Boreanaz.

Doing a quick search, I see the Bones threads don't get a lot of traffic. Why have you been keeping this show a secret from me?
Old 01-22-09, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Just started watching BONES

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Doing a quick search, I see the Bones threads don't get a lot of traffic. Why have you been keeping this show a secret from me?
Not a secret, but not a lot of thread chatter here because it is essentially a standard procedural drama. Except for a few occassional backstories that aren't essential to know in order to enjoy any single episode, you can just watch it whenever. Not much to discuss beyond that. The show is obviously doing well in the ratings if FOX has kept it around this long. Don't blame us if you can't realize that a show is popular without DVDTalk's TV Talk Forum!

Watch the new episode on tonight on FOX and enjoy!
Old 01-22-09, 08:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Because for the most part it quickly falls into the same pattern most procedural shows do and there's really not much to talk about. I will give them credit in the sense that they do do a good job of brining some overall arcs/multi-eps story lines into play (season 3 and the outcome of that is great), but for the most part there's really not much to say about the show on the weekly basis. They get a crime, they solve the crime, a little bit of the overall arc is advanced... roll credits/next show
Old 01-22-09, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Yeah, the one arc they did in season 3 could have been excellent they just didn't flesh it out enough for me. Other then that it's essentially a procedural and they don't get much play as far as weekly threads go.
Old 01-22-09, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nemein
Because for the most part it quickly falls into the same pattern most procedural shows do and there's really not much to talk about. I will give them credit in the sense that they do do a good job of brining some overall arcs/multi-eps story lines into play (season 3 and the outcome of that is great), but for the most part there's really not much to say about the show on the weekly basis. They get a crime, they solve the crime, a little bit of the overall arc is advanced... roll credits/next show

agree 100%.. but it is a fun show to watch.. as long as you like the dynamic of booth and bones then you will enjoy the show.
Old 01-22-09, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I also recently got into this show & I love it now....
Old 01-22-09, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

I didn't care for the show initially but it has grown on me. The cast is a lot more fun and memorable than pretty much any of the CBS procedurals.

Saw a nice chunk of this over the holiday period when TNT (or was it USA) ran a marathon. I love those, got to catch up on Bones and Psych.
Old 01-22-09, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Emily Deschanel