Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

'Mirrors' missing features

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 01-20-09, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine told me that he could not find any of the special features on the DVD of Mirrors, even though they're listed on the back. I tried I was not able to find anything. It looks like they're present on the disc (I checked with a DVD ripper, and did find titles and folders which seems to be the special features) but there's no way to access these through the DVD menu anywhere (the only special features on the menu is the option to view the theatrical/extended version and some trailers for other Fox releases).

BTW, I'm talking about the Region 1 US version. I could not find others with the same problem, which seems kinda strange. Anyone else experienced the same problem?
Old 01-20-09, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: 'Mirrors' missing features

Bought my copy on day 1 and the special features were on mine. Watched the docu and deleted scenes with no problems.
Old 01-20-09, 10:03 AM
FuQ

He might have a rental version from Netflix or Blockbuster. I notice sometimes there are no special features on certain discs.
Old 01-20-09, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 244 Likes on 174 Posts

Usually after you choose which version to watch another menu appears with the play movie, special features, languages, etc. Not on this one?
Old 01-20-09, 11:08 AM

I rented Mirrors from Blockbuster: no special features...but they do sell the two disc set which I'm sure has all the extras...
Old 01-20-09, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by rw2516
Usually after you choose which version to watch another menu appears with the play movie, special features, languages, etc. Not on this one?
Yes it does, but under special features there's only trailers listed (and the option to change the viewing option of the theatrical or unrated version).

Does the Blockbuster rental also include the unrated cut? If so, Fox may have put the wrong disc into the box. But it is weird, since I'm positive they're actually included on the disc (from when I browsed the content through a DVD ripper on my computer) there's just no way to actually access the content through the special features menu.
Old 01-20-09, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, Fox's 2-disc DVDs are really only 1-disc DVDs with digital copies as the second disc, but in paying for the 2-disc premium, they give you the bonus features. For instance, the recent Babylon A.D. has a single disc, which includes the theatrical and unrated versions of the feature, and the double disc, which has the unrated only, but several featurettes, a deleted scene, and trailers.

It's possible there was a disc mix-up and some people buying the 1 disc got the Disc One that belongs in the 2-disc set, and others got the disc that belongs in the 1-disc set.
Old 01-20-09, 04:17 PM

Such a rip off!
Old 01-20-09, 04:22 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Is it possible BB got a version with no special features?
Old 01-20-09, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

That is odd. I'm looking on Amazon and don't see a listing for anything but the DVD and BD. No single disc edition. There are single disc editions for Max Payne and Babylon AD, but it looks like only one for Mirrors...
Old 01-20-09, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There is no 2 disc for mirrors... if there was i would have gotten it. I only know of a single disc release.