Reload this Page >

Hellraiser III Unrated?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Hellraiser III Unrated?

Old 01-15-09, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hellraiser III Unrated?

I have a quick question, I know the US Paramount DVD is the R-Rated cut with deleted scenes as ezxtras but I heard the Canadian LGF DVD is the UR cut. Is that true?
Old 01-15-09, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Hellraiser III Unrated?

No,I own the Canadian LG release....
It's the same version as the Paramount Pictures Rated-R cut....
Which I believe had a little more than the original DVD added but it's not the full Uncut one.
Old 01-15-09, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DVDaf says III is uncut in the lament configuration box set. Is that correct?
Old 01-15-09, 01:33 PM

Yeah it's available uncut in the U.K. in that set & in a single release I believe....
Old 01-15-09, 01:34 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

the lament configuration box also have commentary tracks exclusive to II and III, oh and DTS sound as well.
Old 01-15-09, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really need to buy that box while it's available and affordable. I might get it next week.

Also, I've been looking into the 3 disc release of bloodline and have heard nothing but bad things about it. Does anyone have that release?
Old 01-15-09, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind
I really need to buy that box while it's available and affordable. I might get it next week.

Also, I've been looking into the 3 disc release of bloodline and have heard nothing but bad things about it. Does anyone have that release?
There is a 3 disc release for just Bloodline? While I thought the movie was a decent entry into the Hellraiser series (far better then a few of the later releases) it really does not need a multi-disc release
Old 01-15-09, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SethDLH
There is a 3 disc release for just Bloodline? While I thought the movie was a decent entry into the Hellraiser series (far better then a few of the later releases) it really does not need a multi-disc release
I know, right? It's a german set and includes a workprint of the film as well as other extras. If you go on ebay.de and search for monsterbox, theres one for sale right now for 100 euros.
Old 01-15-09, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The US one sure didn't take long to go OOP. The cheapest used copy at amazon is around $20.
Old 01-15-09, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Paramount dvd is not the R rated version despite claiming so on the packaging! The dvd contains the unrated gore footage and the unrated sex scene, all of which are more explicit than in the R rated version. The dvd runs 93 minutes, while the R rated version runs 91 minutes. The old unrated VHS and laserdisc release ran 97 minutes and contained some added character moments/exposition, which is not included on the Paramount dvd. There are two music cue/audio differences in the Paramount dvd as well compared to the R & Unrated versions. Since they used the print LG used in Canada, which already contained the alterations.

Also,unless my laptop was confused. It says the audio bit rate on the dvd is only 96 kbps! Usually 2.0 mixes(mono and stereo) are encoded at 192 kbps at best.
Old 01-15-09, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know, right? It's a german set and includes a workprint of the film as well as other extras. If you go on ebay.de and search for monsterbox, theres one for sale right now for 100 euros.
wow....

That's a lot of $$$ for a mediocre movie hahaha
Old 01-15-09, 04:23 PM

I'm curious about that workprint since the director hated the final cut so much.....
Old 01-15-09, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,646 Likes on 1,832 Posts

There was a lot that got cut out of "Bloodlines."

I've seen photographs of a group of eighteenth century Cenobites, where they're wearing frilly shirts and powdered wigs.
Old 01-16-09, 02:30 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

I've seen photographs of a group of eighteenth century Cenobites, where they're wearing frilly shirts and powdered wigs.
you have to point out though that Kevin Yagher directed this, but something happened and he had his name removed and 'Alan Smithee' was added. I would assume the studio stepped in and did some hacking at the film themselves.
Old 01-16-09, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My OCD kicked in and I'll be ordering that Bloodline monsterbox.
Old 01-17-09, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ Come back with pics!
Old 01-17-09, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie Walker
The Paramount dvd is not the R rated version despite claiming so on the packaging! The dvd contains the unrated gore footage and the unrated sex scene, all of which are more explicit than in the R rated version. The dvd runs 93 minutes, while the R rated version runs 91 minutes. The old unrated VHS and laserdisc release ran 97 minutes and contained some added character moments/exposition, which is not included on the Paramount dvd. There are two music cue/audio differences in the Paramount dvd as well compared to the R & Unrated versions. Since they used the print LG used in Canada, which already contained the alterations.

Also,unless my laptop was confused. It says the audio bit rate on the dvd is only 96 kbps! Usually 2.0 mixes(mono and stereo) are encoded at 192 kbps at best.
I wonder if Paramount quietly took it out of print when they realized that they issued the wrong version. I didn't realize that this was a R+ release and have yet to open my copy.
Old 01-17-09, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SPRBD
I wonder if Paramount quietly took it out of print when they realized that they issued the wrong version. I didn't realize that this was a R+ release and have yet to open my copy.
From what I've heard around the internet that is basically what happened
Old 01-17-09, 01:25 PM

Regardless,Paramount version is still not fully uncut....
It's the same print as the LG version from Canada....
Old 01-22-09, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My Hellraiser IV monsterbox shipped. Hopefully I'll get it in a few days.

A couple of things I didn't realize 1) there are three covers 2) each cover/box is limited to 222, so there are only 666 monsterboxes in total. Talk about limited.
Old 01-23-09, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

Here is some cut stuff from a workprint:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mx96eZaq5Cc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mx96eZaq5Cc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XHUJ4PJ1NYk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XHUJ4PJ1NYk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WMDRF-P_Rjw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WMDRF-P_Rjw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 01-23-09, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've had this workprint for at least a year and haven't watched it. Didn't realize I was missing a lot.
Old 01-23-09, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
I've had this workprint for at least a year and haven't watched it. Didn't realize I was missing a lot.
Do yo have the officially released German version of a bootleg?
Old 03-08-10, 09:12 PM
Cool New Member

I'd love to see a Hellraiser 1-8 UK boxset.
Old 03-09-10, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Do yo have the officially released German version of a bootleg?
Apparently. I've watched it a few months ago and it wasn't bad.

Late answer but I missed it until the spammer bumped the thread and had his post removed.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.