DVD Talk
Hancock Blu-ray and PS3 remote for 14.96 at Walmart YMMV [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hancock Blu-ray and PS3 remote for 14.96 at Walmart YMMV

waylonsmithers
01-11-09, 06:58 PM
I found a Hancock and PS3 remote giftset in the video game case on clearance for 14.96. I'd never seen the set before but I couldn't pass it up for that price.

melih69
01-11-09, 08:02 PM
My walmart has this but it was $27.xx . I have to go check this. Thanks for the heads up.

melih69
01-11-09, 08:59 PM
just came back from Walmart and it was $29.96+tax . You got a great deal there.

DrnknMstr2
01-12-09, 09:17 AM
I had a friend who used to work for Walmart. He told me that whenever he wanted to buy something that was a bit too expensive he would scan the item, with this sort of hand gun scanner the employees on the floor carry, and change the price to something "reasonable". He would then take his break, because you were not allowed to make any purchases "on the clock", and purchase the item at the reduced price.
Punch back in from break and change the price back to its normal value.

He told me it was like a 15 minute window where such items would be at an unbelievable price.

He said this was common practice amongst the employs.

This may explain these YMMV incredible deals, such as the above.

It's being at the right place at the right time.

Sweet Baby James
01-12-09, 10:07 AM
I had a friend who used to work for Walmart. He told me that whenever he wanted to buy something that was a bit too expensive he would scan the item, with this sort of hand gun scanner the employees on the floor carry, and change the price to something "reasonable". He would then take his break, because you were not allowed to make any purchases "on the clock", and purchase the item at the reduced price.

He told me it was like a 15 minute window where such items would be at an unbelievable price.

It's being at the right place at the right time.I hope that you don't lend your friend any money.:D

JAYARE
01-12-09, 12:40 PM
might have to go check this out

stingermck
01-12-09, 02:13 PM

It's being at the right place at the right time.

I may have done this during my days in electronics, after I got access to the price changer. But I deny everything

TGM
06-11-09, 07:55 AM
delete

pridesticks06
06-11-09, 09:52 AM
just came back from Walmart and it was $29.96+tax . You got a great deal there.

Since the thread is already bumped, I'll say I saw this at Wal-mart earlier this week and it was still $29.96. Shame too, I'd love to have that remote for a good price.

Holysmoker
06-11-09, 10:14 AM
I bought mine for $25.00 a couple months ago and it didn't come with a blu-ray. :(

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0