Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Death Note Season 2?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Death Note Season 2?

Old 01-08-09, 11:45 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Death Note Season 2?

I tried doing a search on this, btw. after getting a gazillion results, I figured I would try this approach.

Just watched season 1 of Death note. Haven't enjoyed a TV series that much since I first saw 24 season 1! But I can't seem to find season 2 anywhere for purchase!! I need to know how this thing ends!!

I see individual episodes on the net (tho not sure of the legality), but I can't stand to watch movies/shows on my tiny PC anyhow.

even went to the death note site and can't seem to find info on this. The show is finished.. Is the 2nd season available??? anywhere??
Old 01-08-09, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Death Note Season 2?

The second box set will be released in the United States on April 7th.
Old 01-08-09, 12:56 PM

Yakuza, wow! great news.. Any link to this? Would think this might be up for preorder... surprised can't find it anywhere...
Old 01-08-09, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I only saw it listed on AVDAF at present:

Old 01-08-09, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good news indeed. I bought the first 5 singles before the first box set was licensed. After realizing how much money I would have saved, I decided that I would hold out for the second box set rather than collecting the individual volumes. FWIW, hulu has all 37 episodes(English dubbed) and they are a legal site-

http://www.hulu.com/channels/Animati...ort=popularity
Old 02-20-09, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Now up for pre-order on Amazon.
Old 02-20-09, 11:57 AM

the singlular dvd with the last episodes is out on tues 2/24. not going to spoil anything for those not past the first 20 episodes.
Old 02-20-09, 12:29 PM

Thanks. I couldn't wait. Watched the 2nd season on hulu. Still might get it -not sure. I think they missed out on an opportunity (at least for me). Was there anybody really who liked S1 and wouldn't want S2?
Old 02-20-09, 12:46 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 520 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by cinemaman
Thanks. I couldn't wait. Watched the 2nd season on hulu. Still might get it -not sure. I think they missed out on an opportunity (at least for me). Was there anybody really who liked S1 and wouldn't want S2?
There are some people from the different forums that I visit, that feels that way. IMO, the first half just feels more compelling (w/o going into too much details).
Old 02-20-09, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's only one season, even though the show has a clear cut change somewhere in the middle of that. Personally, I was pretty annoyed at.. what happened there.. but it was more of how they handled things AFTER that than the actual event itself. Still, if I WERE to get the DVDs (watched it all on Hulu) I'd get the whole thing.
Old 02-20-09, 12:49 PM
WTK

...I just remember that there is also this.

Death Note Re-Light, Vol.1: Visions of a God which will be rleleased on 6/16/09. For those who aren't familiar with this, below is a description. There should be another volume coming out with the other TV special which may be released later this year.

...It will mainly be a compilation of the confrontations between the vigilante Light and the detective L, re-edited from the perspective of Light's Shinigami (God of Death) Ryuk. All-new dialogue and soundtrack will be recorded, and scenes will have additional animation that could not be included in the original series...
Old 02-20-09, 01:39 PM

was there anybody really who liked s1 and wouldn't want s2?

hi
Old 02-20-09, 09:22 PM

FWIW, I REALLY enjoyed the 2nd half.. Maybe even a little more than the first. Most people seem to feel the opposite. I just accepted the change in direction and went with it. And I thought the ending was great.

I just don't see how anybody who enjoyed S1 at least isn't curious about how it ended!

I felt like i watched the first 12 hours of 24 season 1 and couldn't watch the next episode!!

Yes- it really is just a break up of a season.... with an arc like DN, I just didn't understand why they didn't release entire thing.... if people didn't like it, then they are probably not going to like the 1st half anyhow.

oh well.
Old 02-21-09, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WEEDEDOUT
the singlular dvd with the last episodes is out on tues 2/24. not going to spoil anything for those not past the first 20 episodes.
Volume 9 is the last volume?
Old 02-21-09, 09:50 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by DVDude!
Originally Posted by WEEDEDOUT
Volume 9 is the last volume?
Yes, Vol.9 is the last volume. It comes out on 2/24. And there is the TV specials/compilations that were mentioned earlier in the thread.
Old 02-22-09, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
Yes, Vol.9 is the last volume. It comes out on 2/24. And there is the TV specials/compilations that were mentioned earlier in the thread.
Thanks. I assumed that there would be a 10th volume. A total of 37 episodes on nine volumes. I've been buying individually, but wish I had've waited to get the two collections instead. Ah well.