PDA

View Full Version : Pushing Daisies Season 1 on Blu-Ray at Walmart

bigt7117
01-05-09, 05:43 PM
$19.00

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10171600

NiCK Crush
01-05-09, 06:07 PM
Great price... but no need to start watching a cancelled show.

big whoppa
01-05-09, 06:14 PM
Great price... but no need to start watching a cancelled show.

It's like Wonderfalls, also from the same creater, that has a cult following.

Nestunk
01-05-09, 08:19 PM
Great price. Thanks OP.

Gizmo
01-05-09, 08:30 PM
Hopefully Warner releases Season Two on Blu-ray and does not abandon it like other shows.

shyguy1083
01-05-09, 09:46 PM
hmmm... i wonder if i should get this. knowing that season 2 is the last, i wonder if they will release s1 and s2 as a "complete series" release later on down the line. seems unlikely, and i already have this on dvd, so i guess i could just wait, but this is a great price...

DirkBelig
01-05-09, 09:46 PM
I'm hoping for a complete series deal. It's a crying shame this show didn't catch on. I loved its wit and whimsy and it looked great in HD. Too bad they never got to wrap up the storyline somehow.

NiCK Crush
01-05-09, 11:20 PM
It's like Wonderfalls, also from the same creater, that has a cult following.

I understand, I was just speaking for myself.

DirkBelig
01-06-09, 04:32 AM
Fuller also did Dead Like Me.

obidawsn
01-06-09, 07:02 AM
Fuller also did Dead Like Me.

It's a bummer he had nothing to do with the upcoming straight-to-DVD Dead Like Me movie. I still want to see it, though. But I doubt it will do it justice, especially to see where Fuller was going with the story.

NiCK Crush
01-06-09, 12:57 PM
Maybe this Fuller guy needs to switch up his approach to TV.

kevinlord190
01-06-09, 02:05 PM
love pushing daises i will pick it up

brocklanders
01-06-09, 02:35 PM
On most sites, the Blu Ray version of Pushing Daisies is $19.99...so if you have the player, might as well upgrade.

rfduncan
01-07-09, 04:05 PM
Really? Seems like a little series called Heroes that he helmed first season contradicts your opinion. We'll have to wait and see the fate of that series when he returns to working on it again with the remaining episodes of this season.

I honestly don't see the need to this at this pricepoint. S1 was only nine episodes putting this set at $2 per episode. The set will certainly be cheaper in the near future.

kenbenobi
01-07-09, 04:18 PM
Very sad to see this show end. I'm still hoping that fans can petition to bring it back, like Jericho...

rfduncan
01-07-09, 04:46 PM
Very sad to see this show end. I'm still hoping that fans can petition to bring it back, like Jericho...
Word on the street is that the sets have been dismantled which usually means it is game over... :(

kenbenobi
01-07-09, 04:50 PM
Word on the street is that the sets have been dismantled which usually means it is game over... :(
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder if I can buy that giant Pie Hole sign on Ebay...

DirkBelig
01-07-09, 05:02 PM
The sets are gone and Kristen Chenoweth has signed onto David Kelly's new legal TV show, so it's GAME OVER, MAN! GAME OVER!!!

I wish they could've been given a chance to wrap it up somehow, like having a final show in which Ned gets hit by lightning, loses his powers and thus can finally touch Chuck; Chuck is reunited with her mom/aunt; and the Cod & Snook Detective Agency is launched. C'est la vie.

SI78
01-07-09, 05:03 PM

I'd argue the "public at large" need to refine their tastes.

*cough* According To Jim in its eighth season *cough*

DirkBelig
01-07-09, 05:41 PM
When "My Name Is Earl" started, my g/f and I loved it, but sincerely felt it was too weird for the J6Ps and would last perhaps 6 weeks before being whacked and the remaining episodes put out on the Complete Series DVD. It's now in its 4th season. Go figure.

Pushing Daisies biggest problem wasn't just that the ratings were low, but it had to cost a ton to produce, since there were very few locations they could use and the art direction was so candy-colored and specific, everything would have to be custom made. They gave it 22 episodes to try and catch a break and it never did. Drat.

EDIT: Just saw this Q&A over a TV Guide.com -

Any word on dates for the final three episodes of Pushing Daisies? — Kathy

MICKEY: ABC is contractually obligated to air the remaining episodes, but I've also heard that they might burn them all off in a one-night marathon. That's a lot of pie for one sitting.

Yay! A little more still to come!

Pizza
01-07-09, 06:20 PM
Word on the street is the actors and the production crew ate all the pies stored at the Pie Hole, which usually means it is game over.

NiCK Crush
01-07-09, 09:19 PM
I'd argue the "public at large" need to refine their tastes.

*cough* According To Jim in its eighth season *cough*

:lol: @ According to Jim.

But really, I havent watched any of his shows... I was sort of kidding.

SPRBD
01-07-09, 10:27 PM
Pushing Daisies biggest problem wasn't just that the ratings were low, but it had to cost a ton to produce, since there were very few locations they could use and the art direction was so candy-colored and specific, everything would have to be custom made. They gave it 22 episodes to try and catch a break and it never did. Drat.

EDIT: Just saw this Q&A over a TV Guide.com -

Any word on dates for the final three episodes of Pushing Daisies? Kathy

MICKEY: ABC is contractually obligated to air the remaining episodes, but I've also heard that they might burn them all off in a one-night marathon. That's a lot of pie for one sitting.

Yay! A little more still to come!

That sort of ruins your "it wasn't the ratings, it was the cost" theory. ABC has already paid for them and doesn't even want to air them.

hiccup
01-07-09, 11:25 PM
Anybody know what's the cheapest price for the standard dvd?

whotony
01-07-09, 11:30 PM
shows like this should have a series ending episode or movie at least.

Pookymeister
01-08-09, 06:36 PM
its b/c of shows like this that I rarely watch TV on air - don't want to get invested in a good show to have it canceled and not wrapped up.

rfduncan
01-09-09, 12:52 PM
I wish they could've been given a chance to wrap it up somehow, like having a final show in which Ned gets hit by lightning, loses his powers and thus can finally touch Chuck; Chuck is reunited with her mom/aunt; and the Cod & Snook Detective Agency is launched. C'est la vie.
Word ALSO on the street was that Bryan Fuller was considering wrapping up the series in comic book form... not sure if that is true but certainly better than nothing!

joltman
01-09-09, 02:29 PM
Yea, supposedly a comic book and possibly a movie down the line.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0