Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

MGM Film Noir releases

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

MGM Film Noir releases

Old 01-03-09, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MGM Film Noir releases

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has any clue if MGM will be expanding their release of movies on their Film Noir logo? I see they have four so far, i.e. WOMAN IN THE WINDOW, KANSAS CITY CONFIDENTIAL, A BULLET FOR JOEY, and THE STRANGER. Will that be it, or will they go the Fox Film Noir way with four coming out per season. Anyone?
Old 01-03-09, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MGM really bungled these. The high price-point and lack of any extras was very disappointing, especially in comparison with the packaging of the Fox titles. Hopefully if more are on the way they'll take a cue from their rivals and give noir fans something worth buying. Then again, I'm still waiting on a second wave of Universal noir, having snatched up the R2 editions in the interim.
Old 01-04-09, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is MGM still releasing classic and cult movies on DVD? It looks like there distributor Fox killed that in '08, and now they just release old stuff if a new remake is out to tie in with it.
Old 01-04-09, 09:29 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think somewhere in this thread you can find the complete list of MGM Noir films.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/26...uction-12.html

Even though they have $19.99 price point, they can easily be found under $10 in a lot of e-tailers.