DVD Talk
Looney Tunes Sets 1-5 $24.99-$25.99 at Amazon [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Looney Tunes Sets 1-5 $24.99-$25.99 at Amazon

beebs
01-02-09, 01:59 PM
Just notices the first five Golden collections are cheap again at Amazon.

-beebs

Pizza
01-02-09, 02:07 PM
Any of the volumes better than the others? I have vol. 1.

Vendetta-AKK
01-02-09, 05:30 PM
Any of the volumes better than the others? I have vol. 1.

I like Volume 2 because it has alot of Wylie Coyote & Roadrunner stuff, and they have always been my favorite.

NiCK Crush
01-02-09, 05:45 PM
All over this, thanks OP. I only have Vol One, and these are incredibly expensive... this is a great deal.

GenPion
01-02-09, 06:02 PM
Have these ever cost lower? I'm wondering if I should bite on the volumes I'm missing or hold out for a better sale.

jackson walker
01-02-09, 06:31 PM
Have these ever cost lower? I'm wondering if I should bite on the volumes I'm missing or hold out for a better sale.

There have been rumblings that Warners is in the process of transferring these into HD for release as Blu-ray discs in the near future, so they may go down in price as the new discs start to appear in the marketplace.
I own the first four sets (got them for about the same price Amazon is selling them now during a Black Friday a few years ago at Circuit City) and they look so good now, I am almost afraid to think how good they will look in HD.

BobO'Link
01-02-09, 07:09 PM
Maybe by a dollar or two. I've seen them a couple of dollars cheaper at SAM's in the past, usually when a new volume is released, but since vol. 6 is the last of the Golden Editions that may not happen again. With local sales tax added the amazon price is roughly the same in the end. If they would put vol. 6 in the sale I'd jump on it since it's the only one I lack.

TomOpus
01-02-09, 07:12 PM
Same here... wished Vol 6 was part of the deal.

Pizza
01-02-09, 07:13 PM
There have been rumblings that Warners is in the process of transferring these into HD for release as Blu-ray discs in the near future.

Oh, man. Now you made this a conflicting debate for my inner DVD demons to tackle on whether to purchase or not.

My Other Self
01-02-09, 07:27 PM
Get these. With their lack of TV airings (sans the New Year's Day marathon yesterday), you can't go wrong for a good majority of classic shorts.

There's some crap mixed in, but that's expected. If you have a CostCo near you, they're $23.99 a pop (not including Vol. 6), but with Amazon you don't pay sales tax (unless you're in Washington State or New York), and this is ok for free shipping. So I think this is the best deal.

docdoowop
01-03-09, 06:08 AM
Thanks beebs.....bagged volume 2.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0