Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVDPlanet and The Last Emperor BD order...

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-28-08, 11:31 PM
bub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm wondering if anybody ordered this during the last %off deal, back in October I think it was???

I made the mistake of paying with PayPal so they've had my money now for well over 2 months and have yet to ship my order. They claim the title is on back order.

Has anybody received their copy? Even if you have ordered since, I'm still curious if DVDPlanet has shipped anybody their copy yet?

Thanks for the info,
George
Old 12-28-08, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by bub
I'm wondering if anybody ordered this during the last %off deal, back in October I think it was???

I made the mistake of paying with PayPal so they've had my money now for well over 2 months and have yet to ship my order. They claim the title is on back order.

Has anybody received their copy? Even if you have ordered since, I'm still curious if DVDPlanet has shipped anybody their copy yet?

Thanks for the info,
George
The release was pushed back to January 6th.
Old 12-29-08, 12:28 AM

What a great deal...!
Old 12-29-08, 09:06 AM
bub

Originally Posted by Adboy151
The release was pushed back to January 6th.
DVDPlanet's website shows 'in stock' and 'ships in 24 hours' and has shown that for at least a week now. Even when I called them, they said they had it in stock and they were shipping.

Weird. Thanks for info,
George

Oh yea (for mr. sarcasm), sometimes we actually exchange information about the deals, kind of what it is all about.
Old 12-29-08, 07:27 PM
bub

Just got off the phone with DVDPlanet and they are now saying that The Last Emperor BD will be released for shipping on 1/1/09. So, on Friday I was told in stock, which was true, but they can't ship until 1/1.

George
Old 01-02-09, 08:59 AM
bub

Well, 1/1 came and went without DVDP shipping my order from early November. I wonder if anybody over there knows what's going on? I'm tired of being told this or that will happen and it doesn't.

And, my zune is dead!!!

George
Old 01-02-09, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by bub
Well, 1/1 came and went without DVDP shipping my order from early November. I wonder if anybody over there knows what's going on? I'm tired of being told this or that will happen and it doesn't.

And, my zune is dead!!!

George
Sadly their customer service is so poor you will be forced to contact them about the status of your shipment. They will not lift a finger.
Old 01-05-09, 03:31 PM
bub

Re: DVDPlanet and The Last Emperor BD order...

Received my copy of The Last Emperor BD Criterion today from DVDP. It was about a 2 month wait so worth the hassle in the end.

Now, as long as they don't try charging me again. This BD was half of a 2 BD 25% off order which I paid via PayPal (and of course, DVDP gets their money right away, not like if paying via credit card where they don't get their money until they ship) so they've had my money for near 2 months now.

There was a bill with it with a ~$30 charge but also claimed 'this is not a bill, do not pay'. So, I'm hoping that is just their internal control and I don't have to worry about another charge. I really don't relish having to contact their CSR for possible problems with charges spanning over 2 months.

Oh well, luck all,
George