Deep Discount
$22
n/a
$32
misc store
$
$
$

These weekly threads are for price comparisons of all the big new releases, and the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

These lists will likely be incomplete until Wednesday or so, since DVDs are released on Tuesday and one of us needs to visit all the stores to confirm things.

Links to the master list and to the previous and next week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; we'd appreciate any updates you could give us.

All Stores - Thread for all movie cash and free ticket deals
tons of free movie deals at various retailers, see the above linked thread for full details

Best Buy -
Resident Evil: Degeneration - lithograph on packaging
Fox First Look Disc Exclusive DVD - freebie with certain purchases

Target - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Circuit City -
Eagle Eye - all versions come with sticker with download site for 10 minutes of exclusive footage

Wal Mart / Sam's Club -
Resident Evil: Degeneration - bundled with t-shirt for $20
Ghost World - bundled with The Duchess for $25

K-Mart/Sears - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Barnes and Noble - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Borders - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Costco -
I searched and found nothing new

GameStop / MovieStop - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Blockbuster - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hot Topic - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Toys-R-Us - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

The Disney Store - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Meijers - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Ralph's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hastings - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Acme / Albertson's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Giant Food / Giant Eagle - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Fred Meyer - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Canadian Exclusives - I have not been in the stores to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Last edited by Trevor; 01-03-09 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-28-08, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Resident Evil: Degeneration pack at Wal-Mart with the T-Shirt was $24.95 at the local one here. It had no sku sticker, so I just took it to the check-out as usual thinking it would just be $19.95 like every other Wal-Mart special bundle. But when the cashier rung it up it was $24.95.

Unlike most recent Wal-Mart special bundles, the actual Degeneration disc inside does have the slipcover like the normal release though.
Old 12-29-08, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Eagle Eye at Wal-Mart has an offer for a free skin for mp3 players and cell phones.
Old 12-29-08, 09:54 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts
Originally Posted by mnementh
Eagle Eye at Wal-Mart has an offer for a free skin for mp3 players and cell phones.
Thanks! Do we know for which of the 3 releases?
Originally Posted by lee_hero
The Resident Evil: Degeneration pack at Wal-Mart with the T-Shirt was $24.95 at the local one here. It had no sku sticker, so I just took it to the check-out as usual thinking it would just be $19.95 like every other Wal-Mart special bundle. But when the cashier rung it up it was $24.95.

Unlike most recent Wal-Mart special bundles, the actual Degeneration disc inside does have the slipcover like the normal release though.
Good to know.

Walmart prices are always YMMV, even stores a mile from each other can have different prices. I always just post the web prices.

I'm sure you can bring a printout of the web price and get a refund.
Old 12-29-08, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
uhmmm... help?

what is the release date for resident evil degeneration? its listed as 12/30/08, which is tomorrow. bestbuy online lists it at 12/26/08 for some reason. thats not even sunday.

in short, im asking because i want the litho
Old 12-29-08, 09:02 PM

It was actually out by Christmas in most stores, I've seen it everywhere. Not sure what the "official" release is.
Old 12-30-08, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
It was actually out by Christmas in most stores, I've seen it everywhere. Not sure what the "official" release is.
arg i was afraid of this. welp, wish me luck out there tomorrow
Old 12-31-08, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hindolio
arg i was afraid of this. welp, wish me luck out there tomorrow
Let me guess, you looking for the lithograph too? I totally missed this one too with the whacked release dates.
Old 12-31-08, 03:59 PM

^ I was able to get my hands on 4 of the lithiographs today much to my surprise and was still able to pricematch them with CC.
Old 12-31-08, 09:52 PM
bwa

Originally Posted by taco5
^ I was able to get my hands on 4 of the lithiographs today much to my surprise and was still able to pricematch them with CC.
Were the lithographs packaged with the DVDs? I know they usually aren't, but the ad specifically said that you get the free lithograph with the standard version. I can't imagine why they would exclude the more expensive Blu-ray version if the lithographs are separate.
Old 12-31-08, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by bwa
Were the lithographs packaged with the DVDs? I know they usually aren't, but the ad specifically said that you get the free lithograph with the standard version. I can't imagine why they would exclude the more expensive Blu-ray version if the lithographs are separate.
Does not make much sense to me as well. The lithiographs are the same size as the DVD case and are wrapped with the case and the cardboard sleeve slides over them. The cardboard sleeve is not wrapped. (see pictures).

Last edited by taco5; 12-31-08 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-01-09, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

ug have had no luck so far. but imho that is curious about the size and packaging this time around. ill try one other store near me and then i will be forced to hound you for one copy if im unsuccessful
Old 01-01-09, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by hindolio
ill try one other store near me and then i will be forced to hound you for one copy if im unsuccessful
LOL! As of right now all 4 are accounted for. Your best bet is to just call the stores before going.
This would not be such a mess if they just released the title when they were suppossed to but with the holiday they had to get their money! Besides, they did not produce very many of the lithiographs from what I have heard.
Old 01-01-09, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

LOL! As of right now all 4 are accounted for. Your best bet is to just call the stores before going.
This would not be such a mess if they just released the title when they were suppossed to but with the holiday they had to get their money! Besides, they did not produce very many of the lithiographs from what I have heard.
Were the lithographs only on the packages stickered with the Best Buy exclusive sticker? Or just pretty much pull the slipcase out and check each one? Thanks again for posting all that info and pictures

Happy New Year everyone and thank you all for all the great deals posted each week and wonderful exclusives.

And thank you Trevor for always doing this and checking all the stores.

Wishing everyone a great New Year full of more exclusive collections!
Old 01-01-09, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by snausages
Were the lithographs only on the packages stickered with the Best Buy exclusive sticker? Or just pretty much pull the slipcase out and check each one? Thanks again for posting all that info and pictures
Yes, they were labeled (see 1st pic I posted) but that really does not mean much anymore because they could always miss a few when they are being labeled. You would be able to feel a difference in weight and thickness. BTW, I forgot to mention, the UPC's are the same with or without the lithiograph so you if you tried to order it online you are not sure what you would be getting. Usually any pre-packaged exclusive has a different number so it could not be bought elsewhere cheaper and retuned later.
Old 01-01-09, 12:59 PM

If anyone is interested in both Ghost Town and The Duchess, Wal-Mart is selling a 2-pack of those DVDs for $24.98.
Old 01-01-09, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks taco! i still dont yet have one, but the info is helpful
Old 01-02-09, 06:24 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I picked up the:

Fox First Look Disc Exclusive DVD from Bestbuy today.

Rang up for a buck like it says online but it should be free with purchase of select dvd sets.

Link
Old 01-03-09, 10:35 AM

Updates made.

Next week's thread created.