DVD Talk
$5 Gift Card with purchase of TDK at Walmart [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : $5 Gift Card with purchase of TDK at Walmart

Jedi Master 33
12-26-08, 08:47 PM
This may have been posted already, so if it has, forgive me.

At Walmart, you can get a free $5 gift card with The Dark Knight. It seemed to be only the Foolscreen version though.

JB7
12-26-08, 09:07 PM
LOL when I saw the subject, I thought it was the TDK brand of blank media. Oops!

How much was the dark night?

kenbenobi
12-26-08, 10:32 PM
LOL when I saw the subject, I thought it was the TDK brand of blank media. Oops!
I thought the exact same thing!

Jedi Master 33
12-27-08, 12:03 AM
Lol, sorry about that! I'm so used to posting on a superhero message board that I've gotten used to calling it TDK.

obidawsn
12-27-08, 09:52 AM
I noticed this on a lot of recent movies that Wal-Mart carries. Some were even priced at $15 with the $5 card. They are shrink-wrapped with the movie. The only Dark Knight that I saw with the GC at the Wal-Mart I saw them were Full Screen, but they may have the widescreen version with the GC elsewhere. I just wish they had the same option for the Blu-Rays.

Mikael79
12-27-08, 02:00 PM

How much was the dark night?
Same here - I wish people would come up with another abbreviation for The Dark Knight.

Jedi Master 33
12-27-08, 04:19 PM
Well, what else is there? DK? The Knight? The Dark? TDK just makes sense.

kenbenobi
12-27-08, 04:23 PM
Well, what else is there? DK? The Knight? The Dark? TDK just makes sense.
DK makes sense to me. When I talk about the movie, I say "what did you think of Dark Knight?" I never say "The"... I hear others do the same...

Anyway, I didn't see this at my WM. But at this point, I'll probably just get the blu-ray... I doubt those have $5 GC's on them...

NiCK Crush
12-27-08, 04:26 PM
When I talk about the movie, I say "what did you think of Dark Knight?"

That just sounds weird.

Jedi Master 33
12-27-08, 04:30 PM
DK makes sense to me. When I talk about the movie, I say "what did you think of Dark Knight?" I never say "The"... I hear others do the same...

Anyway, I didn't see this at my WM. But at this point, I'll probably just get the blu-ray... I doubt those have $5 GC's on them...Maybe. But saying "Dark Knight" doesn't sound right to me. I always have to have the "The" in there. Maybe it's just me.

NiCK Crush
12-27-08, 06:49 PM
Maybe it's just me.

Well, if you look at the post directly before yours, it clearly isnt just you.

Jedi Master 33
12-27-08, 07:59 PM
"Teasing"Wow! You're smart!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0