DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden - 12/11/08

Title:
Spoiler:
The Good Guys Should Win in the End

Description:
Spoiler:
A pushy castaway could land in hot water after using guilt to control an ally; the hidden immunity idol is put into play at the tribal council; one castaway is eliminated.
Old 12-11-08, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would love to see Sugar Shack, Bob, and Matty form an alliance.
Old 12-11-08, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidSky
I would love to see Sugar Shack, Bob, and Matty form an alliance.
I think it could happen if the three would really start playing and get together. Right now, Kenny is playing the mental game the hardest and it seems like Bob and Matty especially are grasping to hold on. But if Kenny gets to haughty, I think Sugar will flip and then there would be hope for such an alliance.
Old 12-11-08, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
I think it could happen if the three would really start playing and get together. Right now, Kenny is playing the mental game the hardest and it seems like Bob and Matty especially are grasping to hold on. But if Kenny gets to haughty, I think Sugar will flip and then there would be hope for such an alliance.
Agreed.
Old 12-11-08, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by auto

Description:
Spoiler:
A pushy castaway could land in hot water after using guilt to control an ally; the hidden immunity idol is put into play at the tribal council; one castaway is eliminated.
Spoiler:
I bet it's Kenny playing the guilt card which is laughable since he's lied to people too.
Old 12-11-08, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Now with Randy and Corrine gone Sugar has no one to hate so I wouldn't be surprised to see her distrust in Kenny come out. He lied to her in getting her to vote for Ace so I'm hoping she realizes that and jumps ship with Matty and aligns with Bob.

Give Bob the HII (or Matty if Bob wins the immunity challenge) and vote Kenny out. Then peg off Suzie and Crystal.

I would like to see it happen but I have my doubts. For Matty and Sugar right now the power is with Kenny/Suzie/Crystal. But Matty and Sugar are probably smart enough to know that there is no way they would win in a final 3 against Bob considering every jury member right now would vote for him.
Old 12-11-08, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 422 Likes on 305 Posts
How the hell is Crystal still in this when she is obviously such as physcial threat?
Old 12-11-08, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Crystal ... obviously such as physcial threat
Have you actually seen an episode this season?
Old 12-11-08, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I can't tell if she is or not (a physical threat). She may have been "throwing" earlier challenges. She certainly appeared unfit, lacking endurance and performance both. Her gold metal seemed like a joke.

She kind of dragged her team through the swamp though.
Old 12-11-08, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought last season's tribals were great, but this year is another notch up. Hilarious.
Old 12-11-08, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,884 Posts
Originally Posted by GuessWho
Have you actually seen an episode this season?
She joins the proud survivor tradition of having a chef who can't cook, a scout leader who can't start a fire, and a counselor who can't control his temper.
Old 12-11-08, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Suzie wondering around completely outside of the game.

Crystal gone!

I have a gay man's crush on Sugar Shack!!!

I hope Kenny is the next to go!!
Old 12-11-08, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

And that, my friends, is how you play a hidden immunity idol.
Old 12-11-08, 08:21 PM

I loves me some Sugar.
Old 12-11-08, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Loved tonight's episode!
Old 12-11-08, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
FINALLY! Hope that insufferable Kenny goes first on Sunday. It might be in Bob's best interest to not win immunity to save himself from himself.

Apparently, Crystal sucks at basketball too. Also, she sucks at walking or crawling in a straight line.

If it's a final 3 only Matty, Bob, and Kenny have a chance to win. Sugar has too many people who can't stand her on the jury (and you can probably add Crystal now too), and Susie is most likely perceived as useless (and there is no denying that she has played a floater game). It's hard to imagine any of the Kota 4 voting for either Sugar or Susie.
Old 12-11-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by mwbmis
If it's a final 3 only Matty, Bob, and Kenny have a chance to win. Sugar has too many people who can't stand her on the jury (and you can probably add Crystal now too), and Susie is most likely perceived as useless (and there is no denying that she has played a floater game). It's hard to imagine any of the Kota 4 voting for either Sugar or Susie.

Sugar has somewhat played a floater game, but she's made gutsy moves at the right times. She's played a lot on emotion, but still has made intelligent and thoughtful decisions. You're probably right that the jury won't give her a chance, but if she makes the final three, she should be able to defend her game and make the jury see that she is much more intelligent than they give her credit for.

I'll be happy if Sugar, Bob or Matty wins. They are all deserving. I really hope Kenny doesn't make the final three. He has turned out to be one of Survivor's most annoying players. I actually cheered win Bob didn't fall for Kenny's plan.

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Apparently, Crystal sucks at basketball too. Also, she sucks at walking or crawling in a straight line.
Old 12-11-08, 09:09 PM
Suspended

Not sure if Marcus and Charlie hate Sugar as much as Corrine and Randy...but I imagine they would all vote for Bob or Matty before Sugar, Kenny, or Susie.

Hopefully Bob and Matty don't stay on the same "side," and instead realize the other is the biggest threat to their chances at winning, just so it stays more interesting. Otherwise they're basically just going to pick off Kenny/Sugar/Susie.

I don't know that there's ever been this unlikable of a jury, at least those on it so far - Corrine (obviously a bitch and a half), Randy (just a prick), Crystal (worthless loudmouth), Marcus (pompous and then childish at tribals, but he loses points just for seemingly befriending Corrine), and Charlie (basically a CC of Marcus). I'd guess Kenny will join them, and he's become an arrogant little turd.

Who's the oldest person to win Survivor?

Last edited by aktick; 12-11-08 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-11-08, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Im betting Sugar would win America's Choice, if they are doing that, and win money that way. I hope so, I would love to see the look on Corrine's face.
Old 12-11-08, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If Bob makes final 3, he has to win.

So I'd say Matty is the likely winner only because Bob is now the biggest threat and they'd ALL be stupid to let him make the final 3. Someone else has said this before, but it does appear Matty is getting "the winner's" edit.

I can't see Sugar winning, but she's so much better than she'll ever get credit for. I usually don't give much credit to nice people who are adequate players, but Sugar has been a breath of fresh air and I hope that she gets the 100k. Although, unless he wins, Bob probably will.

I have a feeling if Sugar makes the final 3 she's not going to make a good case even for being better than she's been given credit for. The kind of thing isn't her strength. I just hope they don't pound on her too hard. I mean, she basically saved Bob and made a very good power move tonight. Better than anything any of the losers on the jury ever did.

It would be funny if Sugar won something that allowed her to keep another weak player to give her a better chance at the end, but kept to her "the good people" deserve to win mantra. Again, that's totally stupid, but if she does it, it's totally endearing.

I think the audience will really like Sugar Shack.

Can anyone explain why Corinne seemed so happy that Sugar made that great move to make sure Matty stayed? Why would they care about anything other than Bob was safe and not giving immunity to Kenny? Corinne said bad things about everyone but Bob and Kenny, I thought. Bob and Kenny clearly were safe when Sugar made her move, so I don't get why the jury got so excited about Matty.
Old 12-11-08, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidSky
Suzie wondering around completely outside of the game.

Pretty much reflects her relative position this whole season.

Great to see Crystal given the boot. Now as long as Suzie doesn't win, I'll have no problem with whomever wins, although I'll be rooting for Bob.

at Randy's mohawk. WTF?

Can anyone explain why Corinne seemed so happy that Sugar made that great move to make sure Matty stayed?
Probably because she hates Kenny and Crystal most and when that happened, it was all but assured that one of them was going home.
Old 12-11-08, 09:49 PM

How does someone like Susie get cast? I'm trying to imagine what the producers saw her bringing to the show. Sugar was good casting, she has brought some real liveliness to the last few episodes.
Old 12-11-08, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Not sure if Marcus and Charlie hate Sugar as much as Corrine and Randy...but I imagine they would all vote for Bob or Matty before Sugar, Kenny, or Susie.
Don't know about Marcus, but Charlie doesn't like her at all. In his post show interviews he talked about how annoying she was all the time, and his perception that she was being edited very favorably.
Old 12-11-08, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Friggin awesome episode! I wonder why they didn't blindside Kenny instead of Crystal though. She can't play basketball, she can't do shit right. Kenny would be more of a challenge threat than Crystal would be.
Old 12-11-08, 10:14 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
at Randy's mohawk. WTF?
Came here to post the same thing.

Charlie is working his MAGIC!!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.