Reload this Page >

Webb Wilder B Shorts DVD Menu Glitch?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-09-08, 09:06 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up Webb Wilder's Amazing B Picture Shorts DVD (available from Webb's official site). Awesome to FINALLY see The Saucers Reign on disc after all these years!

Have watched about half the shorts so far, and they look as good as one could expect, but I'm seeing a glitch on one of the menu page transitions that's a little odd...

When going from the second to third page of the More Shorts section: the animated menu does about half of its' dance... then the background flickers in a bad venetian-blind pattern, the transition stutters to a halt, goes to black (with some blu-ish stripes), then pops back to life and reveals the last page after a couple of seconds. The page transitions are all kinda gimmicky, but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to look like THIS.

I've tried it on several different DVD players - same glitch on both interlace & progressive scan. The transition looks “mostly” normal on my computer's DVD-ROM drive, but still seems to stutter some midway w/o going to black/blue.

Not a big deal (unless I see the same thing on the as-yet-unwatched shorts), but just curious if anyboody else has experienced this?