Reload this Page >

The Dark Knight: 12-09-08 (Part Two)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-08-08, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So many different retailer exclusives, so many decisions.

I think I have, FINALLY, narrowed it down. I just broke down and ordered a Sony BDP-S550 1080p Blu-Ray players (with four Blu-Ray discs) from Amazon, which came to $299.08, and should be here today!

So, I'll be buying the 2-Disc Limited Edition (Batman Mask) Blu-Ray from Target.

I already pre-ordered from Best Buy, and got the Batpod poster. I'll pick up the single-disc (widescreen) from there, and get The Joker playing card. I've already sold the single-disc edition to a co-worker, so, I'm not really out any money, there.

The final decision came between Circuit City's exclusive, and the Steelbook from F.Y.E. After seeing the very beautiful pictures of the Steelbook posted in the DVD Cases thread, I believe I'll also pick up the 2-Disc Limited Edition Steelbook from F.Y.E., provided that they have any in-store when they open.
Old 12-08-08, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I just bought a PS3 (using the 30% off live.com savings). I already have the steelbook pre-ordered, and I still want it. I wasn't going to buy a Blu version, but just recently changed my mind. Undecided whether to get the mask. Fortunately this is my tuesday off that I can be at target when they open if I decide I want it.
Old 12-08-08, 10:57 AM

I was going with the Steelbook, but I think for my viewing pleasure I am going with the Blu-ray... it would be silly not to, as I am going watch the film way more than looking at a silly case.
Old 12-08-08, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For the lazy, here are the pics of the steelbook from the cases/covers thread.

Also, read that Target is going to have exclusive content, does any body know if that is for both BD and SD?

Originally Posted by snausages
TWEC/FYE US R1 Exclusive 2-Disc + Digital Copy:

Old 12-08-08, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Those pictures are great. Makes me almost want to get the Steelbook... I just might...
Old 12-08-08, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm getting both the Blu-Ray version (to watch at home), and the 2-Disc steelbook (because I like to collect them, and so I can take it over to other people's houses to watch).
Old 12-08-08, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mod note: Calling out people in this fashion is the type of that ended up w/ the last thread being closed. Let's not start that again...

Last edited by nemein; 12-08-08 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-08-08, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm opting for the Blu-ray steelbook and the 'Why So Serious' variant DVD cover (with a journal).
Old 12-08-08, 03:39 PM

I hate the steelbook cover. Horrible picture. I would prefer something simple, like a black cover with the Bat symbol busting out. I do like the back though.
Old 12-08-08, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, the steelbook/Blu-ray slipcover just had to be the worst of all the posters made...I'd rather get the BatPod version but the price is too much.

I must have glossed over what was said before I posted, because I have no idea what jdslater1 wrote at all!
Old 12-08-08, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ceeece, I kind of agree. When Steelbooks first came out, they often were much more simply designed, with an emphasis on a movie logo or bold icon. Now they're getting the same kind of artwork a regular case would get more often. I like the TDK steelbook image, as the Batpod is the best thing ever, but simply having a breaking apart Bat-logo like in the original teaser would have been ultra-cool.
Old 12-08-08, 03:49 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 878 Likes on 743 Posts
i really am looking forward to seeing this again. i even asked one of my classes (9th) i think, if they knew what was coming out tomorrow. i didn't go into my fervor anymore than that. 1 kid knew.

i had planned on seeing "Batman Begins" this past weekend in anticipation, but alas time flew. i think with X-mas break in two weeks i will wait. with school this year my nerves are on alert with teaching new subjects, so haven't been totally into my movies. the break should see a nice double feature!
Old 12-08-08, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here is a Digipak from Thailand, and comes with 32 pages comic book.

More photos here: http://www.pantip.com/cafe/chalermth.../A7294422.html

Last edited by Dane; 12-08-08 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-08-08, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
i really am looking forward to seeing this again. i even asked one of my classes (9th) i think, if they knew what was coming out tomorrow. i didn't go into my fervor anymore than that. 1 kid knew.

i had planned on seeing "Batman Begins" this past weekend in anticipation, but alas time flew. i think with X-mas break in two weeks i will wait. with school this year my nerves are on alert with teaching new subjects, so haven't been totally into my movies. the break should see a nice double feature!
i understand your pain! i am an elementary school teacher and the break cannot get here soon enough. . .
Old 12-08-08, 04:13 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 878 Likes on 743 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisbluedevil
i understand your pain! i am an elementary school teacher and the break cannot get here soon enough. . .
11 days!!
Old 12-08-08, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dane
Here is a Digipak from Thailand, and comes with 32 pages comic book.

More photos here: http://www.pantip.com/cafe/chalermth.../A7294422.html
The Digipak looks really nice! I'd rather that over the steelbook.
Old 12-08-08, 04:34 PM
Banned

The Thailand edition s the nicest one I've seen for this movie.
Old 12-08-08, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by ceeece
I hate the steelbook cover. Horrible picture.
From a distance, the pic gives you the impression that the movie's about a giant insect.

I'll wait til you guys gobble up the sets tomorrow and see what the results are for all the exclusives. I'm dependin' on ya!
Old 12-08-08, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
From the above website:

Old 12-08-08, 05:40 PM

I'm still on the fence about what I want to do but I think I'm going with the Steelbook (SD), the mask from Target (BR) and the Single disc from Wal-mart to get the coin so my girlfriend has a copy that her family can watch without me having to part with one. The only reason I'm even buying the standard version anyway is because I don't own a Blu-ray player yet. I'm hoping to get one before the year is over.

Last edited by Mongo Montoya; 12-08-08 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-08-08, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jdslater1
Mod note: Calling out people in this fashion is the type of that ended up w/ the last thread being closed. Let's not start that again...
Sorry if you took that as a negative. I meant it in a positive way. I love looking at what he buys. Here in the UK we are lucky if we get ONE exclusive, his is the only way most of us can see everything there is and make a choice, and I like to think of him as a resource center.I know xage from a website here in the UK and would never say anything negative like that to a fellow member.
Old 12-08-08, 05:56 PM

Holy shit, $39?! FYE's pricing is INSANE, that is about $18 more than I could get that at Best Buy for. I will never understand why stores like that think they can get away with having their prices that high and still keep customers. How come it is still $23 on their website? Will the price go up to 39 tomorrow?
Old 12-08-08, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll be dressing up as the Joker for our release at Best Buy. I'll put pics up tomorrow.

= J
Old 12-08-08, 06:06 PM
TRC

The digipak looks really nice. Whatever happned to digipaks anyways? I hardly see them on new releases anymore particularly for individual movies.

I also really like the choice of artwork for the discs themselves.
Old 12-08-08, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheDuke
Holy shit, $39?! FYE's pricing is INSANE, that is about $18 more than I could get that at Best Buy for. I will never understand why stores like that think they can get away with having their prices that high and still keep customers. How come it is still $23 on their website? Will the price go up to 39 tomorrow?

It is on sale for $26.99 + tax with $7 Mail In Rebate when I purchased it. The sale price is usually valid for the first week and possibly the second week of the new release. After that, the regular price applies. As for the mail in rebate, as long as you take the price sticker and submit that with your receipt and rebate form, you should be be ok. I have not had any problems thus far and have submitted for several releases. It does take about 2 months to get the rebate in the mail and it comes in a postcard format.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.