Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 13 -- "You Look Like Peter Pan" -- Season Finale -- 12/7/08

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will win The Amazing Race 13?
Nick and Starr
77.78%
Ken and Tina
0%
Dan and Andrew
0%
Don't like any of these teams
22.22%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-08, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Season Finale tonight!!!

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Racers are challenged with a course used to confront fears in Oregon’s most dangerous business: logging. One racer helplessly watches from the ground as their teammate struggles with a fear of heights up above. Teams ride a 2,000 foot zip line across the Columbia River. Racers compete neck and neck in a nail-biting competition that tests their memory of events from the entire race. Teams beg Portland locals to help them find the place where "the magic is in the hole." After a race of nearly 40,000 miles across five continents, one of three final teams will cross the finish line first to be declared winners of THE AMAZING RACE and take home 1 MILLION DOLLARS.

Old 12-07-08, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well Nick and Starr are the "deserving" winners but that doesnt always work out on the final leg.I'm rooting for them though.
Old 12-07-08, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nick and Starr!!!

I noticed that Dallas and his mom were not at the finish line.. I wonder if they couldn't get out of Russia because of their lost passports.

The winners will be on the Early Show and Regis tomorrow...
Old 12-07-08, 08:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Woo-hoo!
Old 12-07-08, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
I noticed that Dallas and his mom were not at the finish line.. I wonder if they couldn't get out of Russia because of their lost passports.
I noticed the same thing and figured it was the passport thing as well.
Old 12-07-08, 08:40 PM

"Can you tell me where the magic in the hole is ??? "

Thats what she said
Old 12-07-08, 08:41 PM

Starr's cleavage as she went down that zip line thing was the highlight of the episode. But I'm also glad she won.
Old 12-07-08, 08:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shinobi
Starr's cleavage as she went down that zip line thing was the highlight of the episode. But I'm also glad she won.
lol. Was wondering when someone would point that out.

I'd like to see a relative timer option (like CC) so we can see really how close the teams are to each other...
Old 12-07-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Septemberbaby

The passport was turned into the American embassy, but that didn't open until after the other teams (and presumably most of producution) had left Russia.

Tonight's result was fairly predictable. It's hard to know how to rank Nick and Starr, b/c most of their fellow racers just weren't very good at all. At least Ken and Tina ran their strongest leg in weeks to make it somewhat competitive.

Dan and Andrew just really didn't belong in this episode. Sure, their cabbie sucked, but there is no excuse for not knowing how to get to the detour. You have hours to kill in Russia, and your destination is in America. Look it up on Mapquest. That way if your cabbie doesn't know at least you do. After that having a bad cabbie for the unknown future stops would suck, but they didn't hedge their bets.

Honestly, I didn't really care for any of these three teams so it was hard to care who won tonight. Since I liked all three final teams in the last race I guess it was a tradeoff.
Old 12-07-08, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I love the line Starr said "I am glad that guy love donuts" or something alone that line looking for the Voodooo Donut place.
Old 12-07-08, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Good finale, albeit pretty predictable. mwbmis is right that Dan and Andrew should have had the address like the others did from an Internet Hotspot in Russia.

Gotta say, man, that puzzle was CRAZY hard. Pretty impressed with how well they did at it.
Old 12-07-08, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
They shouldn't make them use cabs once in the final city. They should have to drive everywhere themselves so that any mistakes are their own and not based on luck.
Old 12-07-08, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Happy that Nick & Starr won it
Old 12-07-08, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Was it me, or did Starr's boobs seem to becoming one large mass on her chest as her shirts got tighter and tighter throughout the race?
Old 12-07-08, 10:36 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Rats I wanted Ken and Tina to win oh well.
Old 12-07-08, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Nick & Starr!!!!!!!

Grats to both of them - they deserved it!
Old 12-07-08, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Living in Portland made this finale extra special. Of the remaining teams, the right ones won. They should have made them detour into Voodoo Doughnuts and eat a maple bacon bar.
Old 12-07-08, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mok
Rats I wanted Ken and Tina to win oh well.
Ken and Tina won each other, again. Gooood luck!
Old 12-08-08, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
They shouldn't make them use cabs once in the final city. They should have to drive everywhere themselves so that any mistakes are their own and not based on luck.
imagine the teams having to drive themselves knowing that 1 million dollars was within sight. There could be some very reckless driving which would be dangerous for everyone and the people on the road. I don't think the producers or the audience want to see a result like... and the winner is the 2nd place team because the first team to arrive received time penalties for running lights or speeding or piling into another car.
Old 12-08-08, 12:07 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I think this was one of my favourite endings.

I loved the map they had to fill in, like on the family leg I think.
Something that makes you think.

Zipline looked fun

Well pleased with the finishing order

Great stuff all around.
Old 12-08-08, 01:13 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

booooooooooooooooooo spoiled fucking brats
Old 12-08-08, 01:30 AM

Hmmm... is it just me or do Nick and Starr seem a bit incestual towards each other? This is the first season of Amazing Race that I have watched. Pretty fun, but I hate how so much of it is determined on the luck of the draw with the cab drivers.
Old 12-08-08, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts
I hate that people never think to ask a business to call a cab for them instead of wandering around aimlessly hoping one will magically appear.
Old 12-08-08, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Originally Posted by chowderhead
imagine the teams having to drive themselves knowing that 1 million dollars was within sight. There could be some very reckless driving which would be dangerous for everyone and the people on the road. I don't think the producers or the audience want to see a result like... and the winner is the 2nd place team because the first team to arrive received time penalties for running lights or speeding or piling into another car.
Great point. How about a finale in San Francisco where they travel from the airport on BART and then on cable car and foot only?
Old 12-08-08, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by aa-dvd
Hmmm... is it just me or do Nick and Starr seem a bit incestual towards each other? This is the first season of Amazing Race that I have watched. Pretty fun, but I hate how so much of it is determined on the luck of the draw with the cab drivers.
I didn't see that at all. In fact, not that it matters, but I thought Nick was gay.

Luck of the cab drivers do play a big part, but like tonight showed you can make your own luck. Obviously there is no way to completely prevent the fact that sometimes you're just going to get screwed, but you can also at least somewhat familiarize yourself with the area that your traveling to. Frequently there is a lot of down time in the race legs. I mean they flew from Moscow to Oregon in this one. How many stops or layovers was that? I think I'd know pretty much know everything I could learn in that time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.