Reload this Page >

How "Limited" is the LE of Wanted?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-02-08, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw the limited edition box set of Wanted today, and have to say that it's one of most beautiful box-sets I've seen for a single movie in a while. I actually really liked the movie, even though I saw it in the first row in theaters. I'd love to pick it up, and Best Buy has it for $40, which is okay. I know some of the extras are kinda lame, but the box is just that cool.

So does anyone have any idea of how "limited" it really is? I'm not gonna go out of my way to pick it up if it's gonna be in some bargain bin in six months because nobody wanted to shell out 40 bucks on it.
Old 12-02-08, 07:16 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
The ones that are more truly limited are the store exclusives.
The mass made limited sets are usually available for quite awhile. You can usuall pick them up in the amazon marketplace or on half.com very cheaply but you have to be patient..
Old 12-03-08, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
...So does anyone have any idea of how "limited" it really is?...
imho, prolly not as limited as you would think. they rarely are!
Old 12-03-08, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe the "Limited" edition is being released all over the world. So, no so limited again.
Old 12-03-08, 07:53 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 662 Likes on 444 Posts
Given the mediocre film/reviews and the number of these sets I saw in the local stores, I'd say waiting for discounts is a safe bet.
Old 12-03-08, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Probably as limited as the Freaks and Geeks Limited Edition Yearbook from 2004.
Old 12-03-08, 05:11 PM

... or Memento LE
Old 12-03-08, 05:36 PM
Banned

or the the LE Saving Private Ryan.
Old 12-03-08, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah I have to admit I want one of these just because of how nice it is -- I didn't even like the movie all THAT much although I'm sure I'd watch it.
Old 12-03-08, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Seriously...I mean, it's fiberglass!
Old 12-03-08, 09:52 PM

I finally caved and bought it.

I actually didn't like the movie. Hated the story, over the top action and the main character. I just liked the final battle(who he fights) and Jolie's butt. I had no intention to buy it until I saw that nice packaging. What can I say, I love packaging and extras.(Bought mediocre Hellboy 2 and will definitely buy the awesome Dark Knight batpod)

But I don't think this is that much limited, I still see tons in stock at my local stores.
Old 12-03-08, 09:57 PM

I was at my Best Buy tonight and they had several copies of the Standard and Bluray version on display. I even saw them in the aisles with the regular sold DVD and Blurays.
The regular price for the Bluray is $54.99 and on sale this week for $49.99. I might have to wait on it. It only a 10% discount.
Old 12-03-08, 10:22 PM

Apparently alot of these limited edition boxsets contain 2 Bonus Discs instead of the 1 of the film and 1 of the bonus. Might wanna open it up before you head to far away from the store!
Old 12-05-08, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts
Originally Posted by DiedLaughing
Apparently alot of these limited edition boxsets contain 2 Bonus Discs instead of the 1 of the film and 1 of the bonus. Might wanna open it up before you head to far away from the store!
Labled as such or replicated on the disc? i.e. can you tell from just the labels or do you have to pop the discs in to find out? Mine had two different discs just looking at the labels.
Old 12-05-08, 08:51 AM

I Bought the set and had 2 bonus disc i had bonus disc written on both of mine dont know about other's
Old 12-05-08, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 235 Likes on 171 Posts
Damn, I had no idea they were doing the LE for the Blu-Ray version too. I may return my regular copy to Sears and pick up the LE instead.
Old 12-06-08, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 235 Likes on 171 Posts
Actually, after watching the movie last night i'm glad I stuck with the regular copy.
Let's just say this is not a movie I feel the need to have a fancy LE set for.
Old 12-06-08, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts
It's definitely not a movie for everyone. This will sound blasphemous but I enjoyed it more than TDK. What can I say, sometimes big-dumb-fun is what the doctor ordered.
Old 12-07-08, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
It's definitely not a movie for everyone. This will sound blasphemous but I enjoyed it more than TDK. What can I say, sometimes big-dumb-fun is what the doctor ordered.
+1. TDK is a great movie but I found Wanted more fun to watch.
Old 12-07-08, 10:42 AM

i actually liked the movie also. . .it was a lot of fun! the limited edition set is beautiful as well. one of the better boxsets i have ever seen, imo.
Old 12-13-08, 03:55 PM

I saw this at the theatre, and i thought it was entertaining and one I'd want to watch again. I was waiting for this Collector's Edition to come out to get a better look at it, and when it did, I couldn't resist. I went with the Blu-ray set. I had a $10 RZ Certificate, so I got it for $39.99, and I thought the lithograph Best Buy had would look cool next to it in a frame. Funny thing is, I also couldn't resist picking up this movie off Amazon.uk in a Blu-ray SteelBook either. I might try to see if I can fit the SteelBook in the case, and give away the extra discs, or just keep them side by side. The case seems somewhat fragile; I saw one banged up pretty bad at Best Buy when I picked it up.
Old 12-13-08, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by g
The ones that are more truly limited are the store exclusives.
The mass made limited sets are usually available for quite awhile. You can usuall pick them up in the amazon marketplace or on half.com very cheaply but you have to be patient..
As far as Wanted is concern, this is the closest one that I have as an exclusive.

The Steelbook set was absolutely amazing (and adding up with the cool looking graphic novel WOW!) but I dont have one yet..

I was actually planning to get the Bluray limited set but as of present my only choice is to buy it at an average cost of $54.99 - $68.99. Most stores (both online and B&M) stocks of the Blu-Ray giftset were slowly fading. Deepdiscount even removed its entry of the Blu-Ray (I guess they went Sold Out) same goes with several Bestbuys in my area.

Originally Posted by Trevor
Given the mediocre film/reviews and the number of these sets I saw in the local stores, I'd say waiting for discounts is a safe bet.
The Bluray giftset's 1st week average cost is around $42-$49.99. Unfortunately right now those who carry it as "available" averages at $54.99 to $68.99

Its really hard to determine how limited these sets were but as far as I see it the Blu-ray set's availability is slowly fading and prices were slowly rising.

I'll try again tommorow to get the limited blu ray set