Search this Thread

Old 11-30-08, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Californication -- "In Utero" -- 11/30/08

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

As he worriedly awaits the results of his medical tests, Hank recalls the early days of his relationship with Karen; Daisy considers moving out, and Charlie begs her to reconsider.

Old 12-01-08, 01:40 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
decent ep. Charlie and Daisy are gonna cause some tension.
Old 12-01-08, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I was able to catch up on the whole season last week thanks to my mom having SHO On Demand. How many episodes are left in the season. I suppose I'll be able to catch up on those at x-mas time.

Didn't care much for this episode, but I suppose it provides some interesting back story.
Old 12-01-08, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this was episode 10 i think, so there are prob 2 or 3 left (i forget do they do 12 or 13 episodes in cable?
Old 12-01-08, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Didn't care much for this episode, but I suppose it provides some interesting back story.
I felt pretty much the same way. When Karen was crying over Kurt Cobain's suicide, I just groaned. But then she redeemed herself when said that she was crying because she was preggers.

Call me cold-hearted, but Cobain's death was just like any other celeb's (and I HATE that "spokesman of my generation" label thrust upon his corpse).
Old 12-01-08, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hated this episode. Primarily because their one attempt to show this was set 14 years ago was to put colored streaks in her hair and have Cobain's death in the background. It just came across as really fake and ham-handed.
Old 12-01-08, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I hated this episode. Primarily because their one attempt to show this was set 14 years ago was to put colored streaks in her hair and have Cobain's death in the background. It just came across as really fake and ham-handed.
Don't forget the Forrest Gump posters on the wall as they were walking down the street.
Old 12-04-08, 04:58 PM

Well this was a no brainer!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081203/...ifornication_1

"Californication" headed for Season 3

By Kimberly Nordyke
Wed Dec 3, 5:49 pm ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Showtime has green-lighted a third season of its comedy series "Californication," which stars David Duchovny as a hedonistic Los Angeles writer.

The premium cable network has ordered 12 episodes scheduled to go into production in the spring for a late 2009 premiere.

Duchovny plays Hank Moody, novelist/blogger who struggles to raise his Goth-loving teen daughter (Madeleine Martin), while still carrying a torch for his disapproving ex-girlfriend (Natascha McElhone).

Evan Handler also stars in the series, which is created and executive produced by Tom Kapinos. Duchovny won a Golden Globe this year for his role.

"This unapologetic show, about a group of characters led by the inimitable David Duchovny, has quickly established itself as one of our signature comedy series," Showtime president of entertainment Robert Greenblatt said. "Beneath its veneer of debauchery, however, is a complex take on love and adult relationships that surprisingly turns poetic and romantic just when you least expect it."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
Chris