Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Secret Agent The Complete Series DVD Set

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-26-08, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered secret agent the complete series dvd set during B1G1 deal at DD and received email that it got discontinued by the manufacturer and the order was canceled.
I wonder if there's anyone got the same email about this or actually got lucky and able to get this set.

I'm wondering if DD can get this set somehow... any thoughts?
Old 11-26-08, 07:08 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 662 Likes on 444 Posts
I'm more worried about the billing. Are they going to charge us full price for the B1 and never give us a G1 ?
Old 11-26-08, 07:49 AM

DD charged my credit card (without the set) so I emailed them. I let you know later.
I hope I get refund or replacement.

Originally Posted by Trevor
I'm more worried about the billing. Are they going to charge us full price for the B1 and never give us a G1 ?
Old 11-28-08, 01:17 AM

I had the same experience: ordered Secret Agent, credit card billed, email message about cancellation and saying I'd receive credit. Nothing yet. How come Amazon has the same sat available if the manufacturer supposedly has discontinued it? Also, does anyone know if any of the Danger Man episodes are duplicated in Secret Agent Megaset, or are they two unique series?
Old 11-28-08, 06:37 AM

There are 3 different sets that were sold by A&E:

1. Secret Agent Megaset - all 47 episodes of the 1-hour series (1964-6) b/w last 2 episodes are in color.

2. Danger Man Megaset - all 39 episodes of the half-hour series (1960-1) b/w.

3. Secret Agent AKA Danger Man - The Complete Collection - AAE-76858. [18 discs]
This set has all 39 half-hour + all 47 1-hour episodes.

The Australian DVD release has far more extras, if that's what you like.

There's a pretty good website here about the series:

danger-man.co.uk

Cheers....
Old 11-28-08, 12:22 PM

Hello Wloner.
thanks for the info! DD is not always clear on how many discs and what is contained.
all the best best you...
Old 11-28-08, 01:30 PM

To all who missed out on Secret Agent B1G1 at DD.
I called DD this morning, and referred the generic email I received that my CC would not be charged for the "free" item. The associate was very prompt and polite, and informed me that I have a store credit for up to the value of the other item shipped (in my case, $60.78). He told me that those generic e-mails are automated, and do not always convey the best or up to date information. My situation has been resolved.

If anyone else has a similar situation, I suggest you don't wait for further e-mails but call DD at the 1-800 #, and have an associate straighten it out. I've always found them very co-operative.

As to the Secret Agent AKA Danger Man megasets, I see them on Amazon - new and used.

Cheers to all....
Old 11-28-08, 01:45 PM

Thanks diogenes.
Old 11-28-08, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MMVed. I couldn't get them to give me a credit of $60.77. My choices were to (1) choose any single replacement DVD item for $60.77 or less, or (2) take a refund of half the amount. Unfortunately, there's nothing I wanted for close to $60.77. I thought for a minute about The Saint Megaset, but I've actually never really watched the show (a few minutes here and there about 20 years ago), so it's not quite on my buy list at the moment. I decided to take the refund of half the purchase amount. So, it's essentially like I bought the Prisoner as part of the current sale.

It's really a loss on their end to give store credit of $60.77 to be used for anything, in the case of diogenes, or even one (any) item of around $60.77. For example, the Saint Megaset is currently on sale at $60.78. So if I could use it for that, it would be almost like stacking 2 sales: the 70%-off box set sale AND a B1G1 at the same time (just that the G1 would have to be based on discounted price, not original price). Or, if I could just have store credit, I could get 2 more Prisoner sets. That would make the original sale into a B1G2.
Old 11-28-08, 09:18 PM

Hello Cheato and Trevor.
I actually was glad that The Saint megaset was on sale because I wanted it, and now I got it with my credit.

I then ordered the Secret Agent Megaset (18 disc) on Amazon in the "new and used" listings from a vendor named Sophie's Movies for $47.98 plus $2.98 shipping. They had one set listed as used like new for $45.98.
Overall, I think I came out alright.

Last edited by diogenes; 11-28-08 at 11:56 PM. Reason: to clarify a sentence
Old 11-29-08, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^Nice!
And I should have said thank you for the info in your first post! Sorry about that.

If anyone else is interested, you can get the Secret Agent set for almost that $30 that we lost out on by using the Live.com cashback on eBay. I checked a few hours ago, and there were some around $48 (with free shipping), which drops to about $34 after the current 30% cashback.
Old 11-29-08, 11:01 AM

^ I thought I had this live.com thing figured out, but maybe not. I just signed into my live cashback account, but can't find ebay in the list of stores or by using the live cashback search box.
Old 11-30-08, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's not in the list of stores. I have the best results when I do this (not all steps are mandatory):

a) sign in at eBay
b) sign in at live.com
c) make sure your PayPal account that you will be using at eBay is registered at live.com as a payout option
d) set your region to United States on live.com
e) use the web search (not the store search) for something like "PS3" (almost always works for me, but you might have to try other search strings)--if you accidentally use the store search, just click the "Web" link under the search box to re-search the web
f) in the "Sponsored Sites" section of the search results at the top, or sometimes on the right side, you should see an eBay link with a message that says what the current cashback percentage is, so follow that to eBay and start shopping for BIN items
g) search for Secret Agent Megaset
h) use Buy-It-Now, using only PayPal checkout (if the cashback notices disappear during this process, you might not be getting it, so be careful, as there are some exceptions to qualifying)
i) wait for a cashback notification message at eBay (or at your email account that you use for eBay--usually within 24 hours)
j) follow the link provided therein
k) if you're lucky, you'll get instant cashback (I don't think anybody knows why/how this works yet); otherwise, the cashback amount should show up in your cashback account as pending (within 48 hours or so), and you'll have to wait 60 days to be able to send the money from there to PayPal
l) while waiting for your cashback, enjoy watching Secret Agent

Something can always go wrong, though, so just be aware it might not be a smooth process. There are plenty of people having trouble over at slickdeals. I have had no trouble whatsoever so far (knock on virtual wood), and have already collected cashback from live.com twice, with a big one scheduled for 4 days from now (from a slightly used, original 60GB PS3, final out-of-pocket cost = $275).