Search this Thread

Old 11-24-08, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Prison Break -- "Selfless" -- 11/24/08

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

As the hunt for Scylla concludes, Sarah takes a hostage, T-Bag and Gretchen have their last stand at GATE, and Michael and Lincoln encounter Gen. Krantz. They're also betrayed by one of their own.

Old 11-24-08, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait!! Is this the last one until next year?
Old 11-24-08, 12:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does anyone know if this is the last season?
Old 11-24-08, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by nemein
Does anyone know if this is the last season?
According to a interview with Wentworth Miller, it is. He said that the cast and crew can tell that it is done, and that a fifth season would only be for money, so he wouldn't be a part of it. The ratings also aren't particularly great. Fox has supposedly ordered two extra episodes to wrap things up this year.
Old 11-24-08, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Some interesting notes about Prison Break and it's future from EOnline.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...ak_ending.html

Could Fox be shutting the doors on Prison Break—without any plan for future escape?

The Hollywood Reporter says the series might be coming to an end, because word is there might be two more episodes this seaon, which could be an attempt to wrap up storylines and send Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell on their merry way.

So what is the real story? Is Prison Break really on the way out?

We've checked in with the network, the studio and inside sources for exactly where things stand...

Yes, it's true Fox is considering an additional two hours for the current 22-episode season four of Prison Break.

However, according to our sources, the reason for this two-hour boost might not be the doom-and-gloom series cancellation projected by the Reporter.

"Fox was very happy with how the 24 movie turned out and they are interested in us doing something similar," a source who works on the show tells us.

So what exactly is the purpose of that proposed two-hour PB event, and what would it be about? Sources are staying tight-lipped for now, as details are still being hammered out, but I can tell you that these two additional hours would not impact the planned storylines for season four. We should have more news for you on that later this week.

In the meantime, we're told:

The studio that produces the show is looking into the possibility of making an extra two hours of Prison Break.
The network has not yet agreed to buy and/or air those two hours, if they are indeed created by the studio.
The network has already ordered 22 episodes of season four. Episode 12 of that existing 22-episode order airs tonight. The winter finale airs Dec. 22, and then the show will return in the spring to finish out the 22-episode order with a six-episode miniseason.
Old 11-24-08, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk God

So according to this article, we are going to get 16 episodes before the winter finale (December 22)

After tonight, there are 4 more episodes left before the break.
Old 11-24-08, 07:15 PM

^^^

interesting..

if ratings can somehow improve, they would push for a season 5. I love the series but what more BS can they come up with?
Old 11-24-08, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As long as this season isn't cutoff early, I'll be happy if the show ends at the end of season 4. Even though this season is so far better than both season 2 & 3, I'm not sure what more they can do.
Old 11-24-08, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it's impressive how this Season has really recaptured the essence of what Prison Break started out as, at least for me. Something new, original, and exciting/fun. I remember watching Season 1 oh so long ago, it was awesome. Season 2 was good as well, and I did enjoy Season 3. But the middle two seasons were obviously not as good as the first, and when this Season rolled around I was speculative, but the writers and actors have done an amazing job returning to form. I really hope it ends this season, not because I don't like it, but because I actually thing we have an opportunity for the season to end with some conclusion, and on a high note no less.
Old 11-24-08, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

W-O-W

And it's only 20 minutes in.

EDIT: I just realized the title of the episode is "Selfless," so does that mean that Agent Self is going to sacrifice himself or that he is going to end up being a bad guy and taking Scylla for himself? Not sure what's going to happen...his boss seems like he could be a Company Man too, so maybe he'll kill Self...gonna be an interesting rest of the episode...

Last edited by kstublen; 11-24-08 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-24-08, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DAD???? DAD??????????????? Frickin AWESOME!!
Old 11-24-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
I knew it. I saw it coming. But damnit!!!
Old 11-24-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The title of the thread is a semi-spoiler. I'm very disappointed in Self, I cannot (well I can) believe it. I guess T-Bag is gonna get killed? I feel bad for him in a way, he's a fantastic character and a great addition to the cast. Michael and them trusted Self too easily, they should've opened up the envelope before letting him go. And I don't see why they are gonna run from the Feds coming to get them in the next episode, when Self's boss calls they should just say we got Scylla, Self took it and ran off. Interesting, but predictable, twist, that someone was gonna take Scylla for themselves. Still, this episode was fantastic and I was thrilled to see The General without the upper-hand.

Last edited by kstublen; 11-24-08 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-24-08, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm about 40 minutes in right now and i wish it would just end here. This episode can't end well.
Old 11-24-08, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by kstublen
The title of the thread is a semi-spoiler. I'm very disappointed in Self, I cannot (well I can) believe it. I guess T-Bag is gonna get killed? I feel bad for him in a way, he's a fantastic character and a great addition to the cast.
No way in hell are they gonna kill T-Bag. Too may people love that character. I think Self will have T-bag work for him since he knows T-bag is capable of doing gruesome things Self would probably never do.
Old 11-24-08, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hope not. T-Bag, Mahone, and Sucre are the best characters on the show. I thought maybe for a second Self's subordinate (I don't remember her name) was going to kill him and take it for herself. When she said can I get a better look at it, I thought he was gonna turn around to grab it and then she was gonna shoot him in the back of the head. Then I was like, nah, he's gonna kill her. She was pretty badass in this episode too.

Self turned cold very quickly. And from the looks of it he goes after Gretchen's sister and daughter next episode?

Even though Michael & Co. got royally screwed over tonight, I am still reveling in them putting the hurting on The General in so many ways. Every time he thought he had the upper hand, they proved him wrong. First, he thought he caught them and then realized Michael wanted him there for his card. Then he thought Michael didn't realize there were six cards, but then there were. Then he thought they were gonna leave him, but nope again. Then he had HIS daughter held hostage and had to let them go away so easily. Followed them, only to have his men taken into custody. Brilliantly played by the Crew and The General was noticeably shaken up at the end, something I have been looking forward to oh so long.

That being said, they should've just killed him and his daughter.
Old 11-24-08, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This COULD be the best episode of prison break to date. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Before this episode, I didn't suspect Self being a "bad guy" at all, but wow what a great twist.
Old 11-24-08, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
The General saying "I dont know...", and then a cut to black, rather than the usual out video was awesome.
Old 11-24-08, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah the only thing that made me suspect him at all was the title, which pretty much ensured either that he was going to get killed or turn bad.
Old 11-24-08, 09:33 PM

Wow, how great!
Old 11-25-08, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
No, hot cop didn't need to get popped in the mid-section.

Self is an idiot for not just capping the crew instead of leaving them to dangle like that.
Old 11-25-08, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Holy crap that was a fantastic episode.

Michael and company got screwed!! Who could blame them though? Self and the plan to get Scylla was the only way to get their freedom. Would have never guessed that he would turn rogue.

I'm going to miss Shannon Lucio. Her character was starting to grow on me. Her shootout in the office with T-Bag and Gretchen was badass.

Sarah should have shot the General's daughter in the leg or something while she was on the phone to show they really meant business.

4 more episodes to go before the winter finale!
Old 11-25-08, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Excellent fucking episode. You would think by now I'd know not to trust Michael Rappaport.
Old 11-25-08, 08:33 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by starseed1981
You would think by now I'd know not to trust Michael Rappaport.
Agreed -- can't believe I didn't see this coming.
Old 11-25-08, 08:36 AM

Not much else to add here, excellent last two episodes really edge of your seat tv.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.