Reload this Page >

Monty Python's Flying Circus Collector's Edition

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 11-24-08, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know there was a thread on this but the search function on vBulletin Boards doesn't do crap.

Anyway I just wanted to make this thread for anyone who read DVDtalk's review. They stated that the set takes up more space than the previous sets, but I think this is false. Here are some pictures.

As you can see, the case does sit longer on the shelf than the previous one but you could turn it sideways and it'd easily be smaller. The width of the stuff inside is about half the size of 16 slimcases, since each disc tray holds 2 discs instead of 1.

As the reviewer stated I agree that the ________'s Personal Best discs are worthless and I'd rather have seen A&E's 2-disc The Life of Python here than these three other discs, but I got it for $89.99 and it has more stuff than any of the other sets, and it takes up less space. If anyone doesn't have Python yet and is thinking about it, get this one instead of the other ones.
Old 11-24-08, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm pretty sure the review says it takes up less space, but I could be wrong. It's a nice set though. I already have the "16-Ton Megaset" and am gonna buy the "Best Of Set" later on, so there isn't really anything in there that I don't or won't have.
Old 11-24-08, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by kstublen
I'm pretty sure the review says it takes up less space, but I could be wrong. It's a nice set though. I already have the "16-Ton Megaset" and am gonna buy the "Best Of Set" later on, so there isn't really anything in there that I don't or won't have.
I think the two things you don't or won't have are the two new feature documentaries "Before the Flying Circus" and "Monty Python Conquers America".
Old 11-24-08, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by droidguy1119
I know there was a thread on this but the search function on vBulletin Boards doesn't do crap.

Anyway I just wanted to make this thread for anyone who read DVDtalk's review. They stated that the set takes up more space than the previous sets, but I think this is false.
Definitely takes up less space than my collection of just the series, Monty Python Live, and The Life of Python. Bought all those when they were released as 2-DVD sets, in standard DVD cases!
Old 11-24-08, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 167 Likes on 118 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Pytho...581374&sr=8-44

Bought this set years ago.
Old 11-25-08, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by kstublen
I'm pretty sure the review says it takes up less space, but I could be wrong.
There are two different reviews of it, I guess.

This is the one I meant: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/35468...s-megaset-the/
Old 11-25-08, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by droidguy1119
There are two different reviews of it, I guess.
Bad guess. There are three, which is why it'd be helpful to learn your way around leaving a comment for a particular review. The best way to do it is to click the "E-Mail the Author" or "Start a Discussion" button at the top of the review.

As to your comment, the new packaging doesn't allow this set to fit into my storage system when the lid is on the set, but you're correct that overall the size is reduced. Accordingly, I've deleted my reference to packaging size in the review.
Old 11-25-08, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Yakuza Bengoshi
Bad guess. There are three, which is why it'd be helpful to learn your way around leaving a comment for a particular review. The best way to do it is to click the "E-Mail the Author" or "Start a Discussion" button at the top of the review.

As to your comment, the new packaging doesn't allow this set to fit into my storage system when the lid is on the set, but you're correct that overall the size is reduced. Accordingly, I've deleted my reference to packaging size in the review.
Well, I have emailed reviewers several times with questions or potential corrections. I didn't think I was attacking you, nor felt it was a "correctable" mistake, just differing opinions of the storage potential of the set. I thought that users might like pictures.

Last edited by tylergfoster; 11-25-08 at 10:39 AM.