Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

AnimeFirst

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-08, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AnimeFirst

Anyone ever hear of, deal with, buy from, mad at, disappointed with, happy with a site called AnimeFirst ???

http://www.animefirst.com/index.html
Old 11-21-08, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i am no anime expert, but it looks like at least a few boots in there.
Old 11-21-08, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by hindolio
i am no anime expert, but it looks like at least a few boots in there.
I meant it more as dealing with the site itself in general. Honesty in fulfilling their promises and such ??? You know what I mean ??? They have a "supposed" real, brand new, non-copy of a movie that I've been looking for as an xmas gift. Midnight Lace starring Doris Day. I'd just hate to put trust in a non-reputable site.
Old 11-22-08, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jimmaxmed
I meant it more as dealing with the site itself in general. Honesty in fulfilling their promises and such ??? You know what I mean ??? They have a "supposed" real, brand new, non-copy of a movie that I've been looking for as an xmas gift. Midnight Lace starring Doris Day. I'd just hate to put trust in a non-reputable site.
yeah, im sorry and know i am not able to say anything about the as a legit company or not, but i did want to give a heads up on the bootlegs they sell. im not 100% sure, but midnight lace seems a boot as well. i dont think a region 1 or us edition exists. good luck
Old 11-22-08, 08:09 AM

Thanks for your opinion, which by the way is kinda how I'm feeling about the whole thing, a little suspicious. So unless someone out there has had a very positive experience dealing with them, I think I'm going to pass........Anyone else ???
Old 11-22-08, 10:58 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 535 Likes on 471 Posts
Their front page is filled with bootleg anime. I know you're looking for a non-anime release (Midnight Lace). I personally wouldn't give my money to someone who fully endorses bootleg merchandise.
Old 11-22-08, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
Their front page is filled with bootleg anime. I know you're looking for a non-anime release (Midnight Lace). I personally wouldn't give my money to someone who fully endorses bootleg merchandise.
And if they have bootleg of one kind, theres a good possibility the "rare classics" they advertise elsewhere are the same. Thanks for the opinion.
Old 12-28-08, 08:09 PM

I dealt with Anime First and I loved it. It didn't take to long to get it and I was a great prices. But now I can't get to the site at all and I have been reading every where on the net that people ordered from them this month and have not received anything from them. I bought Sailor moon 1-3 from them