Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sci-Fi Channel's Estate of Panic

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-08, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sci-Fi Channel's Estate of Panic

Has anyone seen this show? I saw it last night for the first time and I enjoyed the premise and the production of it all, just not sure how interesting it would be more than a few times. A lot of fat they could trim to a nicely paced half hour probably.

Essentially 7 people enter the Estate and the host takes them to a "room" that has a bunch of hidden money and other... things. The rules are simple:

Get in, get the money, deal with any unpleasantness, get out.

You can leave the room at any point, but last man gets eliminated so greed and/or inattentiveness can be your undoing.

Back in the foyer, the person with the least money is also eliminated - 2 per round.

The remaining 5 then go to round two and get whittled to 3. Final three down to 1. Winner gets the total sum of money collected by everyone + a bonus round for more.

Last night's winner got over $26k. But it wasn't easy.
Old 11-20-08, 10:07 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
I caught this show as a rerun on the Chiller channel... I am ashamed to admit that I kind of liked it...
Old 11-20-08, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Havent seen it. All I know is it fucked up my Ghost Hunters schedule cause they no longer rerun it now
Old 11-20-08, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another show on the Sci Fi channel that is not...a Sci Fi show.
Old 11-21-08, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
How is it not a sci-fi show?

Ghost Hunters deals with the paranormal and they air both sci-fi and horror movies. They also show Scare Tactics which deals with scaring people...no science just fiction.

Estate of Panic is about contestants facing the fear of death and disease. I find a lot of the rooms to be very sci-fi. A kitchen with a quicksand floor, a study that tries to squeeze the life out of it. Of course, the contestants have to use their wits to find money and avoid the fictitous dangers...I doubt they would actually kill anyone.