TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

My Own Worst Enemy --The Leftover Episodes Burnoff Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-08, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
My Own Worst Enemy --The Leftover Episodes Burnoff Thread

Photobucket

Even though My Own Worst Enemy has been canned, the remaining 5 produced episodes will still be burned off in the Monday at 10pm timeslot.

If you like the show and want to talk about it, fire away right here.
Old 11-17-08, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Synopsis for Monday's New Episode:

Spoiler:

Edward makes a risky deal with a KGB agent (Isabella Hofmann) to find information on his past. Elsewhere, Henry thinks Angie may be a spy, and Dr. Skinner investigates his claim.

Old 11-17-08, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
I enjoyed the show, but I will not spend my time on these if I won't be getting more.
Old 11-17-08, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
It'll still be one of the first shows on the Tivo that I'll watch on Tuesday morning at least for the next 5 weeks.
Old 11-17-08, 08:56 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by superman07
i enjoyed the show, but i will not spend my time on these if i won't be getting more.
+1
Old 11-17-08, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't mind networks cancelling shows when they have low ratings, it is a business after all. For high production shows, I wish they would at advise the show-runners in enough time so they could effectively turn it into a mini-series with some closure.
Old 11-17-08, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Superman07
I enjoyed the show, but I will not spend my time on these if I won't be getting more.
Yeah I know your still pissed off about Traveler from 2 years ago.
Old 11-17-08, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Barings
I don't mind networks cancelling shows when they have low ratings, it is a business after all. For high production shows, I wish they would at advise the show-runners in enough time so they could effectively turn it into a mini-series with some closure.
They had enough foresight with Journeyman to give it closure. In fact, it is an almost perfect Miniseries the way they ended it. Sure, there are some questions unanswered, but overall, it concluded satisfactorily.

I'm also concerned that MOWE will end with too many questions unanswered, leaving us in the middle of a cliffhanger. I'm not sure if I should watch the remaining episodes though I enjoyed it, or if it's just a waste of time.

Sigh.
Old 11-17-08, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Yeah I know your still pissed off about Traveler from 2 years ago.
FWIW, Traveler ended good enough, but then they opened a whole new can of worms in the final episode. They should have left well-enough alone.
Old 11-17-08, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Didn't realize it's been cancelled. After all the plot holes I counted in last week's episode, I decided my life would go on if the show ended.

It's just requiring too much suspension of disbelief. It's starting to remind me of a violent spy version of the Three's Company episode where Jack has to pretend to Mr. Furley that he has a twin brother named Austin from Texas.
Old 11-17-08, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Superman07
Same here. Thanks NBC. Are we getting more Deal or No Deal in its place or The Biggest Loser??
Old 11-18-08, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I really liked tonights show. Damn shame they decide to cancel it before it got its legs. It was an interesting idea that i wish we could explore more.
Old 11-19-08, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Axeramm
I really liked tonights show. Damn shame they decide to cancel it before it got its legs. It was an interesting idea that i wish we could explore more.
i've enjoyed the show via DVR thus far because it airs when i am usually in bed. oh well, guess i will just have to DVR more re-runs of NCIS and House instead.
Old 11-19-08, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rennervision
Didn't realize it's been cancelled. After all the plot holes I counted in last week's episode, I decided my life would go on if the show ended.

It's just requiring too much suspension of disbelief. It's starting to remind me of a violent spy version of the Three's Company episode where Jack has to pretend to Mr. Furley that he has a twin brother named Austin from Texas.
I taped a little of this by mistake and thought it was pretty good. I was going to add it to my lineup but if it is getting canceled why bother.
Old 11-19-08, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'll watch it to the bitter end.
Old 12-29-08, 11:38 PM

I just finished watching the final episode 'Henry and the terrible day' and all I can say is 'F' NBC and their executives. They had a real easy way to wrap up this series and they blew it big time. I hate spoilerizing this, but I will.

Spoiler:
I was literally shocked out of my skin at the final scene when the lights went off right after the woman said 'someone doesn't want you to be fixed' or something like that.

NBC should have allowed the producers to fix Henry in the final scene and that would have been a fitting end to the series, even if it meant having the regulars come back and refilm it a couple of weeks before they showed the final episode.

Hell, even with Journeyman we were able to get some closure to the series, but those f'n aholes at NBC didn't do justice to My Own Worst Enemy.

And F U to the American Public who are literally too stupid to watch a really good, thinking man and woman's, series.

I'm extremely happy that Jay Leno will be taking the 10 pm timeslot 5 days a week starting next year, because that will be 5 hours a week that I won't have to waste getting involved in a great new show that will ultimately be cancelled.

Chris
Old 12-30-08, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
I'm extremely happy that Jay Leno will be taking the 10 pm timeslot 5 days a week starting next year, because that will be 5 hours a week that I won't have to waste getting involved in a great new show that will ultimately be cancelled.

Chris
Well said. I love trying out new TV, but over this last couple years, I'd say at least 75% of the good, new series I enjoy (such as Journeyman, My Own Worst Enemy, Dirty Sexy Money, geez even Jericho) get axed without so much as a "final" episode. Journeyman was the exception to the rule.

All this has left me bitter to try a new series. Execs blame Tivo and Cable on killing their audience loyalty. I blame them.

It was more understandable to cancel a show without warning in the day when a show's episodes were complete within themselves (ie villain of the week formula), but now that most shows are serialized, canceling without a decent final episode is just cruel. All it does is alienate viewers from wanting to try anything new.
Old 12-30-08, 09:09 AM

There are a few shows I will forever hold a grudge over being canceled. I think this might be one of them.
Old 12-30-08, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Well said. I love trying out new TV, but over this last couple years, I'd say at least 75% of the good, new series I enjoy (such as Journeyman, My Own Worst Enemy, Dirty Sexy Money, geez even Jericho) get axed without so much as a "final" episode. Journeyman was the exception to the rule.

All this has left me bitter to try a new series. Execs blame Tivo and Cable on killing their audience loyalty. I blame them.

It was more understandable to cancel a show without warning in the day when a show's episodes were complete within themselves (ie villain of the week formula), but now that most shows are serialized, canceling without a decent final episode is just cruel. All it does is alienate viewers from wanting to try anything new.
I didn't know that was the last one. I thought there were a couple more after the break. Now I'm really angry. I loved this show. Hopefully we'll get a DVD set for it unlike Journeyman.
Old 12-30-08, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Timber
Hopefully we'll get a DVD set for it unlike Journeyman.
I know, and yet Journeyman deserves the DVD set more since it's pretty complete within itself. Craziness.
Old 12-30-08, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk God

I doubt you will be seeing a DVD for 9 episodes and an incomplete story arc.

I stopped watching after episode 3 once NBC stopped announced they were stopping production after episode 9 knowing there would be no resolution.
Old 12-30-08, 01:26 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I doubt you will be seeing a DVD for 9 episodes and an incomplete story arc.

I stopped watching after episode 3 once NBC stopped announced they were stopping production after episode 9 knowing there would be no resolution.
Shit like that pisses me off. Atleast HuLu will have them...for a while.
Old 12-30-08, 03:13 PM

I mean that gun they had in the 2nd to last episode that could see thru walls and shoot, I don't know, 1,000 rounds a second. If that wasn't real, it sure seemed like it was.

This is the kind of 'out of the box' writing that television needs more of. Unfortunately, most tv viewers live 'in the box'.

Chris
Old 12-30-08, 03:48 PM

Unfortunately, same here... I had about 4 more unwatched episodes on my DVR, and just couldn't bring myself to watch them... I got hooked on Daybreak and then they canceled it... pissed me off.. didn't want to get hooked on another great show only to not have it finish...

STUPID STUPID STUPID decision to cancel this show... the first 3 ep's that I watched were great!
Old 12-30-08, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by chrisfelice
Unfortunately, same here... I had about 4 more unwatched episodes on my DVR, and just couldn't bring myself to watch them... I got hooked on Daybreak and then they canceled it... pissed me off.. didn't want to get hooked on another great show only to not have it finish...

STUPID STUPID STUPID decision to cancel this show... the first 3 ep's that I watched were great!
And on the remaining episodes, some of the action scenes were even better.

Chris

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.