Reload this Page >

Which game should i buy????

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-15-08, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

gamestop has a deal going on right now, 2 trade ins and you get a new release for 19.99. from the games that qualify i'm interested in a few for the ps3: LittleBigPlanet, COD5, Mirror's Edge and Fallout 3.

i think i've narrowed it down between COD5 and Fallout 3, but i wanted to hear from someone that has played these games.

any advice???
Old 11-15-08, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts
Depends if you want a solid co-op/MP game or a solid single player game.

COD5 is a fantastic MP game (though I can't speak for the support it receives on the PSN since I play on Live) but the co-op on the campaign is great as well. Not to mention the extremely cool zombie co-op extra.

Fallout 3 is a fantastic single player game that will give you many hours of great gaming but by yourself.

So do you like to play with others or by yourself? The answer to that question should answer your question.

Haven't gotten LBP yet and Mirror's Edge, while an excellent game, probably does not have the amount of value in it that COD or F3 has.
Old 11-15-08, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd go for Fallout 3. Huge fan of the series. Second choice is COD5 based on the comments in this forum.

Is that for all stores, or does vary by location? And what titles will they accept as trade-in?
Old 11-15-08, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It might be widespread, I saw it in Michigan.They had a specific trade in list, but I don't recall the titles.

Oblivion (GOTY), COD4, GTA IV, NCAA 09, Madden 09 were a few . The list was maybe 100 or so.

That being said, i got Fallout 3, and am loving every minute of it.
Old 11-15-08, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
not sure how widespread the deal is and i only looked at the list for the games i own. the ones i'll be trading in are uncharted (ps3) and resident evil umbrella chronicles (wii). call up your store tomorrow and ask about it, they had fliers and stickers on all the games eligible, so if your store is doing it they'll know what you're talking about right away.

these are the trade ins from memory:

ps3:
uncharted
gta4
cod4
madden 09 (coll.ed)
oblivion (game of the year ed.)
mgs4
saints row 2
fifa 09

wii:
r.e. umb. chronicles
super mario galaxy
metroid prime 3
trauma center new blood
madden 09 all play

...as for the games eligible for $20 after the 2 trade ins:
(availble for every console they are on)
lbp
cod5
fallout3
mirror's edge
fable2
left4dead

Last edited by dino88; 11-15-08 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-15-08, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by jonw9
It might be widespread, I saw it in Michigan.They had a specific trade in list, but I don't recall the titles.

Oblivion (GOTY), COD4, GTA IV, NCAA 09, Madden 09 were a few . The list was maybe 100 or so.

That being said, i got Fallout 3, and am loving every minute of it.
Excellent. Thanks for the head's up. I'll drop in there tomorrow to see the list.
Old 11-16-08, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Yeah they have a big sheet with all the games eligible for this deal.

I went in today and dumped 4 games to get GOW2 and Mirror's Edge for like $49 but after I used my Edge Card I ended up spending only $43 and some change. It was worth it to me since 3 out of the 4 were collecting dust for about a year.

Unfortunately there's still 3 games I want that can be had for $19 + 2 trade-ins like Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, and maybe even COD5. But I ran out of games to trade off of the trade list with the above trade.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 11-16-08 at 12:44 AM.
Old 11-16-08, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Unfortunately there's still 3 games I want that can be had for $19 + 2 trade-ins like Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, and maybe even COD5. But I ran out of games to trade off of the trade list with the above trade.
Do you remember what 360 games were on the trade-in list?
Old 11-16-08, 01:10 AM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm really enjoying Mirror's Edge right now.

It can be very frustrating at times - try, die, try, die, try, die - but when you get a good rhythm going and finally figure out that thing that was stumping you it's VERY rewarding. I know reviews are kind of saying the game's a bust, but it's pretty damned innovative IMHO. It's not perfect and it could have used a little more polish, but it has the potential to be this generation's Beyond Good & Evil. Unique premise, fun gameplay, interesting characters/story, etc. I'm definitely glad I picked the game up, so I guess you can consider that a recommendation.
Old 11-16-08, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Do you remember what 360 games were on the trade-in list?
I have the list in front of me but it's too many to list(Type out). Sorry dude. The lists are relatively big for all 3 systems.

I traded:

GOW
COD4
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Galaxy

Last edited by Giantrobo; 11-16-08 at 02:38 AM.
Old 11-16-08, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Dragon Fly
I'm really enjoying Mirror's Edge right now.

It can be very frustrating at times - try, die, try, die, try, die - but when you get a good rhythm going and finally figure out that thing that was stumping you it's VERY rewarding. I know reviews are kind of saying the game's a bust, but it's pretty damned innovative IMHO. It's not perfect and it could have used a little more polish, but it has the potential to be this generation's Beyond Good & Evil. Unique premise, fun gameplay, interesting characters/story, etc. I'm definitely glad I picked the game up, so I guess you can consider that a recommendation.

Yeah, after the demo I knew I had to have this game and I was talking myself into paying full price. But I'm glad this deal came along.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 11-16-08 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-16-08, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAG.com: Gamestop - Trade 2 from specified list and get NEW from list for $19.99 or $9.99
Old 11-16-08, 10:12 AM

Thanks!

Might have to unload GOW and Halo 3 for Fallout 3.