Search this Thread

Old 11-10-08, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Prison Break -- "The Legend" -- 11/10/08

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Gretchen gives Michael the rest of the bird book, but he suffers another seizure after deciphering it, so the others must carry out his two-pronged plan: one leading back to the basement, the other to an architect named David Allen Baker (Keith Szarabajka). Meanwhile, Pad Man goes forward with his plan to move Scylla, and Self is told by an influential senator that the deal Homeland Security made with the gang is "off the table."

Last edited by DJariya; 11-10-08 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-10-08, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait!!
Old 11-10-08, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Your wish is my command. Updated cast photo at top!
Old 11-10-08, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another great episode. They handled the death of Bellick very well, even T-bag was upset. I wonder where they're going with Michael and this surgery. Anyone know how many more episodes are left this season (or series) ?
Old 11-10-08, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by firteen88
Another great episode. They handled the death of Bellick very well, even T-bag was upset. I wonder where they're going with Michael and this surgery. Anyone know how many more episodes are left this season (or series) ?
3 episodes left after tonight. The Mid-Season Finale is December 1st.

It will return with 9 more episodes sometime in Spring 2009.
Old 11-10-08, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It was very touching how each of the members reacted to Bellick's death. Like firteen88 said, I think T-Bag shocked me the most...he appeared genuinely upset at the news. Very sad to see Bellick go, but I really think they did his character justice and gave him a proper sendoff.

This season is really impressing me, and is a return to form of sorts. Interesting to see what Self and the "Secretary" have going on on the side. T-Bag's a smart guy to figure out they are in cahoots.

Based on the preview though, why are they having Michael walk across the bridge or whatever...given he could pass out (or die) at any moment?
Old 11-11-08, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Great episode. Fast paced with lots of action and a little heart as well.

I really enjoyed the little "tributes" to Brad.

It was a nice surprise to learn that the secretary was working undercover with Self. When she mentioned Whistler that also threw me off as to how she knew that.

Next week's episode looks great. Can't believe the Mid-season finale is right around the corner.
Old 11-11-08, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Good ep, but I didn't buy their affection for Bellick. I'm not sure what span of time the show has covered since season 1, but I think it's less than a year. He was a cruel corrupt prison guard in S1, a bounty hunter in S2 and kind of weaselly in Sona in S3, plus he threatened Sucre's wife and child. It doesn't add up that he was pals with everyone. Hell, T-Bag framed him for a murder. I guess it's not good to over analyze anything on this show though
I liked his character, and I think he was one of the better actors on the show, so it's sad to see him go. They didn't have much more for him to do. I suspect Fichtner's character will be the next to go for similar reasons.
Old 11-11-08, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
I can buy the team's affection for Bellick, as they have been around him alot and can see his change. T-Bag's was silly, though. I assume he was just faking it for the audience he was entertaining.
Old 11-11-08, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I thought the affection for Bellick was a bit much. I think though, after seeing Roland die and the constant fears that any one of them could die next, not to mention warnings that if someone dies they have to pretty much move on and leave them made everyone a little more in touch with the death.
Old 11-11-08, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Quatermass
Good ep, but I didn't buy their affection for Bellick. I'm not sure what span of time the show has covered since season 1, but I think it's less than a year. He was a cruel corrupt prison guard in S1, a bounty hunter in S2 and kind of weaselly in Sona in S3, plus he threatened Sucre's wife and child. It doesn't add up that he was pals with everyone. Hell, T-Bag framed him for a murder. I guess it's not good to over analyze anything on this show though
I liked his character, and I think he was one of the better actors on the show, so it's sad to see him go. They didn't have much more for him to do. I suspect Fichtner's character will be the next to go for similar reasons.
If I remember correctly, he only told Sucre that if he didn't cooperate Maricruz would die; he actually sent her to her mother's or aunt's house. He wasn't such a bad guy really though; I mean, he was an asshole in the first season, but he experienced some growth over time and especially last season in Sona and this season he has become a good guy, so I am not surprised that many of the members were affected; especially Sucre, Michael, Lincoln, and Mahone. T-Bag threw me off, but I suppose it makes sense when you think about it; T-Bag realized they were both really prisoners, bound by certain things in their lives, just in different ways. T-Bag is a bad guy, as bad as they come, but he isn't stupid and he is capable of feelings, we have seen that before, and I think he was genuinely upset, in his own unique way, at Bellick's death.

And I agree, he was definitely one of the better actors on the show. He was very convincing in his role and had this subtle, dare I say charm, about him.

Michael, Lincoln, and Sara are my least favourite characters on the show, and I have never thought Dominic Purcell to be a particularly skilled actor. All three of them serve a purpose, but it is the supporting cast that REALLY makes me interested in the show, specifically Mahone, T-Bag, Bellick, and Sucre (in that order)...same with Wyatt this season who was a chilling character and in the past C-Note who is the only character that actually got out of the whole mess free and clear; the moment where he was going to kill himself was particularly powerful...and he wasn't a bad guy, he did the right thing and got screwed over, so I liked him in that sense as well, because he had a moral code and followed it.
Old 11-13-08, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kstublen
I have never thought Dominic Purcell to be a particularly skilled actor.
Then you haven't seen Blade 3.
Old 11-13-08, 11:31 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought the reveal with Self and the secretary was awkward and badly written. She was -- bust wasn't -- upset; she'd never been in such a situation -- but didn't want to be removed. I didn't get it at all. It might have worked better if it was an office romance, but otherwise seemed pretty pointless.
Old 11-13-08, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mre
i thought the reveal with self and the secretary was awkward and badly written. She was -- bust wasn't -- upset; she'd never been in such a situation -- but didn't want to be removed. I didn't get it at all. It might have worked better if she was showing more cleavage, but otherwise seemed pretty pointless.
FiXED
Old 11-13-08, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by MrE
I thought the reveal with Self and the secretary was awkward and badly written. She was -- bust wasn't -- upset; she'd never been in such a situation -- but didn't want to be removed. I didn't get it at all. It might have worked better if it was an office romance, but otherwise seemed pretty pointless.
Totally agree. I also totally agree with Snowmaker's follow-up. In fact, I was referring to her as "Miss Cleavage" and throwing in lines like - "Miss Cleavage, could you come here a moment." Now I guess it'll have to be "Special Agent Cleavage"
Old 11-13-08, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I love how we're supposed to feel bad for Bellick but at the same time he killed that guy's cat in Season 1.
Old 11-13-08, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
How bout Gretchen in that one shot of the preview Damn the things I'd love to do to her.
Old 11-13-08, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm hearing rumors that this show will be cut short and may end with a two hour finale mid season.

Story
Old 11-13-08, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by edstein
I'm hearing rumors that this show will be cut short and may end with a two hour finale mid season.

Story
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/543...es-season.html

Already posted. If you read the story more carefully, the studio wants to make 2 additional episodes in addition to the 22 being made this season.
Old 11-14-08, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Quack
How bout Gretchen in that one shot of the preview Damn the things I'd love to do to her.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m5rhahn6CQY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m5rhahn6CQY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

@ 11 seconds