Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Mr. Ferguson is Ill Today" -- 11/10/08

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Mr. Ferguson is Ill Today" -- 11/10/08

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-08, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,693 Likes on 2,655 Posts

Terminator: TSCC

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Riley and John abscond to Mexico with deadly consequences; Sarah encounters Ellison in a face-to-face meeting.

Old 11-10-08, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk God

The promos make this look like a really action oriented episode. Looking forward to it. I wonder if anyone will really bite the dust tonight.
Old 11-10-08, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Really enjoyed this episode. Interesting way they did the episode; I think it was a risk doing it all broken up and disjointed, but I think they pulled off with flying colours.

Glad to see Sarah going easy on that kid came back to bite them in the ass. Maybe now she will learn her lesson in the future. And speaking of learning, maybe John will learn not to be such a little baby all the time and not runaway to Mexico. Seriously, what was he thinking? Nice to see them tie it back to their time in Mexico and have someone recognize him. I'm really hoping this will be the signal John needs to man up and accept the fact he can't live like a normal kid.

Cameron is really acting weird...her chip must be very damaged. Was she trying to seduce John? And she seems to be displaying emotions. It'll be interesting to see what happens with her in the coming episodes.

Glad to see they figured out a plan in the end to take him out, but they better follow up on it and burn his ass in the next episode (which looks very strange from the preview). Nice to see John man up and take the "fatal" shot.
Old 11-10-08, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this was their 'if we get canceled, this will be closure episode' . It was by far the best this season if not the series. The only thing is where did they stick Riley at the end? I thought she refused to go take the bus.

Kind of bummed to see Cromartie go, he was good as a terminator. I wonder who they will have replacing him next week. I think maybe we haven't seen the last of him... it wouldn't surprise me if the uglinator went to get the body and rebuilt him considering she has been pushing Ellison to get her one.
Old 11-10-08, 09:08 PM

I have to disagree. This was a disjointed mess. I can see they were going for a stylish type of story and if they got canceled, it would have been a type of ending; but it was the first episode that made me actively wish it were canceled. John was an ultimate douche bag. Sarah jumping out of the car? WTF? Sarah with the tin can as a weapon against what she thought was going to be a terminator opening the trunk?! Again WTF!? Everyone seemed to have no trouble finding everyone else and getting to Mexico like it was just across town. The shoot out in the church? Her bashing the chip on the rock so emotionally as we all stare? It all felt so forced in every way. You will feel the drama!

I so did not.
Old 11-10-08, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What was wrong with her jumping out of the car? She was either: a.) going to try and get away; or b.) trying to stall. And as far as her holding the aluminum can as a weapon...I don't think she thought it was a Terminator; I think she didn't know who or what it was and was doing whatever she could to try and fight back. Also, the way she was holding it looked as though she was trying to pass it off as a gun, so who knows.

And as far as getting to Mexico so soon; aside from border control, I think it is feasible that they got there so quickly...after all, they're in California, right? But I do agree about her smashing the chip at the end being a little overkill. The shootout was good though.
Old 11-10-08, 11:26 PM

What was wrong with her jumping out of the car? She was either: a.) going to try and get away; or b.) trying to stall.

This wasn't her first rodeo. She's not supposed to be some panicking sorority chick. There was no where to run to hide. And as happened, all he had to do was stop the car and get out to foil that daring plan. She's supposed to be smarter than that.

And as far as her holding the aluminum can as a weapon...I don't think she thought it was a Terminator; I think she didn't know who or what it was and was doing whatever she could to try and fight back. Also, the way she was holding it looked as though she was trying to pass it off as a gun, so who knows.

Why would she have any reason to believe that the terminator wasn't going to be the one to open the trunk? She had no idea anyone but the locals were around to fight him. Until this series, they were nigh unstoppable by anything in this time period. "Ooo, I'm going to possibly slice your arm up good. That'll stop you after the bullets did nothing." And I guess we saw different things because that is not the way to hold a gun.

And as far as getting to Mexico so soon; aside from border control, I think it is feasible that they got there so quickly...after all, they're in California, right?

Yeah, getting there maybe but they never really explained how Cromartie figured out where they were. Possibly trailing Ellison and that would explain getting there around the same time. But Cameron and BAG had no way to figure out where they were unless I missed something, much less just minutes behind them. Shouldn't they have seen each other on the road if they were that close? There was just one too many things pushing my suspension of disbelief in this one. The girlfriend? Yeah, I get it you have the hots for John but you haven't known him that long and this dude is trying to kill him. Bullets are flying around your head but you have to be persuaded to leave? ugh it just gets worse and worse.

Last edited by celmendo; 11-10-08 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-10-08, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,145 Posts
I really like this one. But for some reason I agree it kinda felt like a, "We may be going away soon", type episode. I'll miss Cromarte because I'm still wondering why he was not willing to kill Eillison.
Old 11-11-08, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Wasn't the greatest of the entire show or season, the ROTC was far better, but it would have been better served if the total cliche of an ending was altered. The Mexican standoff in an adobe church with Biblical connotations("Are you ready to repent" and the crucified silhouette) is tired.

Loved the whole Cameron stalker angle and I still say Riley is a resistance fighter.
Old 11-11-08, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cromartie knew where John was because John called his mother's phone from jail. Remember when they showed Cameron spotting the caller ID on Derek's phone when he got John's call and dialing the number to get the location. Obviously Cromartie did the same thing. It was also Cromartie who answered Sarah's phone pretending to be Sarah. It fits the timeline and also John's reaction when she didn't respond correctly to the same "help" button code he gave Derek. That's why John tried to escape.

I still hate John. True, if he hadn't run off to Mexico Cromartie probably would have caught him, but then if he had told anyone Cromartie was in the house last week they would have been long gone.

I was disappointed with the killing of Cromartie. Partially because he was a good character, although I'm not counting him completely out yet, but mostly with the way it was done. He should have been harder to kill, both physically and by putting up more resistance. The same cat took out an entire swat team last season.
Regarding Cameron's "seduction" of John: It could be that her and John had a close relationship in the future, or maybe she was just programmed to think so. Or maybe she see the risk he puts himself in by "hanging" with blondie and though she could eliminate that risk by filling the role. Then again, if I was sending my teen self a robo-Summer Glau I'd probably flip on the sexbot switch.

Last edited by wmansir; 11-11-08 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-11-08, 07:57 AM

Cromartie knew where John was because John called his mother's phone from jail. Remember when they showed Cameron spotting the caller ID on Derek's phone when he got John's call and dialing the number to get the location. Obviously Cromartie did the same thing. It was also Cromartie who answered Sarah's phone pretending to be Sarah. It fits the timeline and also John's reaction when she didn't respond correctly to the same "help" button code he gave Derek. That's why John tried to escape.

That must have been during a pee break. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 11-11-08, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I also loved Cromarte pointing out Sarah's and Cameron's mistakes.
Old 11-11-08, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Worst
Episode
Ever.

I'm fine with the diverging story lines, but the "Camerons Story" "Johns Story" text was a bit too much. How dumb do they think people are that they need to include that???
Old 11-11-08, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk God

I liked this episode. I really enjoyed the "Rashomon" style with the different view points, although I agree the Big Text introducing each segment was a bit much.

I'm actually surprised that Cromartie went down so easily in that church. I doubt we have seen the last of him.

It really felt like the writers were writing a self-contained episode that could have served as a series finale in case the show got cancelled. But, I am glad it's going to continue.
Old 11-11-08, 01:33 PM

Damn Texas thunderstorms!!! My DishDVR went tits up and we missed the last 15 min. What happend to Riley?
Old 11-11-08, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by vman69
Damn Texas thunderstorms!!! My DishDVR went tits up and we missed the last 15 min. What happend to Riley?
Riley, John and Ellison stole Cromartie's convertible and proceeded to free Sarah from the trunk. They then went to John's honeymoon suite where John told Riley to take a bus back to LA and that he would call her as soon as he could.

Count me in as someone who loved the episode. It was great seeing the episode from the different points of view, especially Cameron's. I really found it fascinating that she said "I can't let anything happen to [John]" and the subsequent look on Derek's face.
Old 11-11-08, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 330 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by dan30oly
I'm fine with the diverging story lines, but the "Camerons Story" "Johns Story" text was a bit too much. How dumb do they think people are that they need to include that???
That may have been the studio insisting on that...that was kind of lame and not necessary. But I liked the show overall, although I still don't think they've found a good story for Ellison (Richard T. Jones is by far the best actor in the cast, and deserves a better storyline).
Old 11-11-08, 02:51 PM

BTW - I have about 7% capacity left on my DVR, but I'm keeping last night's HD episode just for the scenes of Cameron wearing basically nothing.
Old 11-11-08, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah when Cameron was doin' the sexy walk down the hall towards John's door I was like, "thaaat's niiiice".
Old 11-11-08, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
did cromartie fall into a vat of skull metal softener or something?
a couple of slugs totally caved in his skull even though we've seen Ts take a lot more than that before
shit, Derek had to use a .50bmg with armor piercing incendiary explosive rounds last time they took one down
Old 11-11-08, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by mikehunt
did cromartie fall into a vat of skull metal softener or something?
a couple of slugs totally caved in his skull even though we've seen Ts take a lot more than that before
shit, Derek had to use a .50bmg with armor piercing incendiary explosive rounds last time they took one down
They should have included a throw away line, but during the live chat with the producers and Garrett Dillahunt, they mentioned that the shotgun was loaded with depleted uranium shells. Those suckers can pretty much punch through anything.

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Yeah when Cameron was doin' the sexy walk down the hall towards John's door I was like, "thaaat's niiiice".
I've been surfing the net all day trying to find a gif of Cameron walking down the hall and taking off her shirt.

No luck so far!

I was able to find a picture of them laying in bed.

Let me say it again. Cameron is HOT!

Last edited by ckw4b; 11-11-08 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-11-08, 08:12 PM

I think Cameron isn't the only one with a damaged chip - how many times was Cromartie within 50 feet of John this season and missed every time he shot? Christ, he emptied a MP 9 at four people in an open convertible at about 25 feet and didn't even manage to nick anyone. Sound like a seriously defective ballistic program to me And why the hell didn't he ever kill Sarah with the multiple chances he had - seems like that would be a good first step in getting to John. Oh, well, I still love the show - and, yeah, flip on that sexbot switch.
Old 11-11-08, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by 45shooter
I think Cameron isn't the only one with a damaged chip - how many times was Cromartie within 50 feet of John this season and missed every time he shot? Christ, he emptied a MP 9 at four people in an open convertible at about 25 feet and didn't even manage to nick anyone. Sound like a seriously defective ballistic program to me And why the hell didn't he ever kill Sarah with the multiple chances he had - seems like that would be a good first step in getting to John. Oh, well, I still love the show - and, yeah, flip on that sexbot switch.
I just re-watched that scene and Cromartie came out of the jail AFTER John and Riley were in the convertible. John had dived into the back seat with Riley so presumably that afforded him some protection.

As for not killing Sarah, I think Cromartie believes that if John knows Sarah is alive, he'll make an effort to save her, thus exposing himself as a target.
Old 11-11-08, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Boring episode. Too much Riley and whiney John. Derek is so underused. I never thought the latest Cromartie looked menacing, so I won't miss him. I liked the original Cromartie best. Where was the Urinator this week? Guess she wasn't doing anything important to the plot.
Old 11-11-08, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Boring episode. Too much Riley and whiney John. Derek is so underused. I never thought the latest Cromartie looked menacing, so I won't miss him. I liked the original Cromartie best. Where was the Urinator this week? Guess she wasn't doing anything important to the plot.
I would have given my left hand's pinky to see Riley take a round in the head as she is running away from the jail. I think it would take the of someone close to John to make him man up and act like a potential future leader of mankind instead of a whiny emo brat.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.