Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Brothers of Nablus" -- 11/3/08

Old 11-03-08, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,529 Likes on 2,529 Posts
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Brothers of Nablus" -- 11/3/08

Terminator

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

The Connors are on high alert after their house is robbed; while one terminator terrorizes Ellison, another gets dangerously close to John; Jesse and Derek try to become reacquainted.

This is the start of 5 straight new episodes!!
Old 11-03-08, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This reminds me that I haven't watched the last episode yet.
Old 11-03-08, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Raul3
This reminds me that I haven't watched the last episode yet.
Either watch it online or watch it on your DVR before tonight. If you wait before you know it you will need to watch 6 episodes.
Old 11-03-08, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have one sitting on my dvr as well. This show is not holding my interest much anymore.
Old 11-03-08, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 913 Likes on 637 Posts
Oh man, I thought this show jumped the shark but the last few have been really good. This one as well.

So apparently the TT is against at least future, skynet?
Old 11-03-08, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was a genuinely good episode. The preview for next week's looks good too.
Old 11-03-08, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Could somebody refresh my memory what happened the last time this show was on? Things were all messed up during the World Series and for some reason while watching this week's episode I got the impression that I missed a week, but I really don't think that I did. The episode was good but for some reason the continuity just seemed off to me so that's why I started thinking that maybe I missed an episode.
Old 11-03-08, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This show is really losing my interest as well. Too many side stories and other crap going on.
Old 11-03-08, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not losing ANY interest. Love the show, thought it was another very good episode.
Old 11-03-08, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I loved that episode and I still think John's girlfriend is a member of the Resistance.

Whoopdido, the last episode was about the Therapist talking to John and Catherine and Jessie was introduced after Derek caught her following him.

Last edited by gmanca; 11-03-08 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-03-08, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,734 Likes on 1,083 Posts
The pacing was a bit slow but I enjoyed the ep. I loved seeing the Runaway chick pushed out of the T-Mobile. I also liked Cameron getting back to killer basics.
Old 11-03-08, 11:35 PM

Not a bad episode though I'd wish they cut the young teenager suffering angst angle with John.

You killed a man. Deal with it.

You can't live a normal life. Deal with it (especially with the fate of millions of humans riding on your efforts).

I liked how Cameron actually shot those clowns who robbed her house. She was 100% right that they were a total security risk and Sarah was dumb as shit for letting that last one go.
Old 11-04-08, 01:24 AM

"My jacket. Give it to me."

"Come and get it."

*pulls gun*

"Come and give it to me."

Old 11-04-08, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by TwineTime
"My jacket. Give it to me."

"Come and get it."

*pulls gun*

"Come and give it to me."

And I liked how she waited until after she got the jacket before shooting the gun.

No bullet holes in her purple leather jacket!
Old 11-04-08, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk God

I liked this week's episode even though it was a much slower paced episode.

I was surprised the Ellison Terminator scene wasn't a dream sequence.

It was cool to see Cromartie return and then save Ellison. I guess Ellison does serve a bigger purpose for the future.

One of the things that I am happy to see is them not over-using Garrett Dillahunt as Cromartie. I think using him every other week has been good to building more tension and suspense when he does appear.

John seriously needs to get over killing the Armenian. I think he's been acting like a brat for a few weeks now.

Loved the scene with Cameron and Sarah at the Bowling alley. Cameron was 100% correct to terminate them. Agree that Sarah was stupid to keep the last one alive.

Very curious to see what Jessie's real motives are. Man, Stephanie Jacobsen looked really hot in that bathing suit in her final scene.

Next week's episode looks great!
Old 11-04-08, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hate John Connor on this show. That is all.
Old 11-04-08, 08:06 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wmansir
I hate John Connor on this show. That is all.
Add Sarah to that list and we're in agreement. She really seems to try too hard in her role, I dunno.

But I'm still enjoying the show.
Old 11-04-08, 08:31 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't like how Sarah is becoming pussified! She is supposed to be so careful, hard, and calculating - but for a couple of episodes now she is giving people a couple of free passes.
Old 11-04-08, 09:31 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 397 Likes on 247 Posts
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
I don't like how Sarah is becoming pussified! She is supposed to be so careful, hard, and calculating - but for a couple of episodes now she is giving people a couple of free passes.

not shit. she doesn't want John to have a girlfriend or leave the house, but is willing to let some eye witness live who can lead the Terminator back to her front door. uhhh duuuh.
Old 11-04-08, 10:19 AM

Yeah, biggest problem with this show is the two main characters, John more so than Sarah. Really wanted someone to smack him. And the whole scene with the robber's parents...fast forward. zzzz
Old 11-04-08, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,734 Likes on 1,083 Posts
Originally Posted by celmendo
Yeah, biggest problem with this show is the two main characters, John more so than Sarah. Really wanted someone to smack him. And the whole scene with the robber's parents...fast forward. zzzz

Yeah, although I get why they're trying to make TV Sarah more human and TV John more tortured, Emo, and under pressure, I still think "Movie Sarah" would've been slapping TV John on a weekly basis.

As a matter of fact, didn't she slap him in Terminator 2? Or did I imagine this?
Old 11-04-08, 12:18 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Yeah, although I get why they're trying to make TV Sarah more human and TV John more tortured, Emo, and under pressure, I still think "Movie Sarah" would've been slapping TV John on a weekly basis.
No wonder the war has raged on for so long
Old 11-04-08, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I officially have no clue where the hell this show is heading. Seriously, what is with all the subplots and Sarah becoming a wuss?
Old 11-04-08, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know if T2 Sarah would have killed that kid. She had great difficulty bringing herself to kill Dyson up close and personal and in her mind he was directly responsible for skynet's creation. Plus she's also uber mom, remember the "You don't know what it's like to really create something, to feel it growing inside you" line, so I don't think it's inconsistent for her to have trouble killing a kid about the age of her own son in cold blood.

Regardless of that, T2 Sarah would have been out of that house by sundown. They now have three dead kids and a witness out there (plus a dead fence that probably only Reese knows about). Even if a T doesn't catch a whiff, the police are going to be investigating.
Old 11-04-08, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 587 Likes on 338 Posts
Originally Posted by wmansir
Regardless of that, T2 Sarah would have been out of that house by sundown. They now have three dead kids and a witness out there (plus a dead fence that probably only Reese knows about). Even if a T doesn't catch a whiff, the police are going to be investigating.
Not only the kid witness, but wouldn't the parents of the thief mention to the police that some strange people came and asked about their kid's whereabouts right before he turned up dead?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.