Search this Thread

Old 11-02-08, 01:51 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
True Blood - "Plaisir D'Amour" - 11/02/08

"Plaisir D'Amour"
Spoiler:
Bill breaks a vampire taboo in protecting Sookie--and must pay a steep price as a result. Jason and Amy break their own taboo by kidnapping a vampire named Eddie in order to harvest his blood. With Lettie Mae apparently cured, a skeptical Tara consults with Miss Jeanette about exorcising her own inner demon. Sookie returns home to yet another horrific tragedy, prompting Bill to enlist an unlikely bodyguard--Sam--to protect her while he's away.
Old 11-02-08, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm liking this show more and more each episode. It's easily become the second favorite show this season, right behind Dexter.
Old 11-02-08, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

yay, "Graphic Violence" no naked people tonight (for once californication will have more nudity then this)
Old 11-02-08, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Nice and its the first scene too. cool bloody scene
Old 11-02-08, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i wonder does this mean that
Spoiler:
Sam and the dog are the same thing?
Old 11-02-08, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 244 Likes on 111 Posts
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
i wonder does this mean that
Spoiler:
Sam and the dog are the same thing?
I was wondering about this too. I remember seeing both of them together in an earlier episode.
Old 11-02-08, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phryzbe
I was wondering about this too. I remember seeing both of them together in an earlier episode.
It makes me want to go back and rewatch the other episodes.
Old 11-02-08, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Its pretty obvious Sam is a Were-Collie.
Old 11-02-08, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by sven
Its pretty obvious Sam is a Were-Collie.
I had a nice laugh when my wife said, "he's not a werewolf, he's a puppy."
Old 11-02-08, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Super J
I had a nice laugh when my wife said, "he's not a werewolf, he's a puppy."
Yeah, it always bothers me when people say he's werewolf. Werewolves are vicious half man, half wolf creatures and he just a guy that turns into non-threatening dog.
Old 11-03-08, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When she called the dog "Dean" was that a possible nod to Supernatural (Sam and Dean) or was that the name in the books as well?
Old 11-03-08, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Sam and Dean have definitely been in the same scene together before, unless that was a mistake. Who knows.

Also, like a few people said... a were-collie? I hope there's a better explanation.
Old 11-03-08, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by kurupt
When she called the dog "Dean" was that a possible nod to Supernatural (Sam and Dean) or was that the name in the books as well?
It's also in the book. I nearly fell asleep on this one. I'm tired of Jason and his girl.
Old 11-03-08, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally Posted by JTH182
Sam and Dean have definitely been in the same scene together before, unless that was a mistake. Who knows.

Also, like a few people said... a were-collie? I hope there's a better explanation.
There was a dog he called brother. If it's another dog from the same litter they could look pretty much the same.
Old 11-03-08, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by actionjackson29
Yeah, it always bothers me when people say he's werewolf. Werewolves are vicious half man, half wolf creatures and he just a guy that turns into non-threatening dog.
That we've seen. Bill trusted him to protect Sookie, which I'm betting he wouldn't do if Sam could only turn into a non-threatening dog.
Old 11-03-08, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

yay, "Graphic Violence" no naked people tonight (for once californication will have more nudity then this)
I thought this had a fairly good amount of tits last night! Not sure how Sam and the dog can be one and the same since they have had scenes together... they'll have to clear it up... I thought he could use the dog as his 'eyes'...like he had the dog follow Sookie earlier to see what she was up to - Sam and the dog have some sort of connection because of his werewolfiness... we'll have to wait and see (or I could ask my sister who read the book)
Old 11-03-08, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

for anyone that has read the book (based on this season anyways) how faithful is the show to the book? Casue i'm def interested in reading it, espeically if its similar, maybe with more details and such.
Old 11-03-08, 09:46 AM

I fast forwarded through the first 2 episodes looking for the dog. I'm pretty sure that Bill knows about Sam being the dog. The dog showed up after Sookie saved Bill. The conversation went something like this.
Bill: He's watching out for you.
Sookie: He's just a dog that stay's around the bar. He must live around here.
Bill: I bet.

In the second ep he shows up while Sookie is getting beat and kicked before Bill saves her. Later after Bill visits with Sookie and her grandmother the dog is watching them as they are walking outside. Bill gives the dog a look like he's not happy about the dog being there. I could have missed somethings since I was fast forwarding but so far I haven't seen Sam and the dog in any scenes together.
Old 11-03-08, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

for anyone that has read the book (based on this season anyways) how faithful is the show to the book? Casue i'm def interested in reading it, espeically if its similar, maybe with more details and such.
I haven't read them, but I think I think when the show started I heard it was pretty much a chapter for chapter adaptation of the first book. They haven't said if future seasons will follow the other books or go off in their own direction.
Old 11-03-08, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
My wife recently read the first one and is reading the 2nd book now. She hasn't spoiled it for me but did give me some information on differences:

Spoiler:
She said that a lot of the characters are more fleshed out in the series than they are in book 1. She specifically cited Jason, Lafayette, and Tara.

She also said that "V" is not mentioned in the book in the context of an illegal substance. It's talked about, etc. but not necessarily in the context of "street drugs".

She said that there's a more sex in the show and in a more gratuitous way.

I haven't pressed for details beyond that.

I thought the episode was decent. Jason was halfway tolerable and showed some compassion/humanistic qualities requiring thought, etc.

I really dig Eric and want to see more of his character. He just seems bad-ass. I loved it when he told her not to give a coupon/flyer to that guy with the bandaged arm. He seems so imposing compared to the others, even over Bill who towers over Sam & Sookie.
Old 11-03-08, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Nefarious
He seems so imposing compared to the others, even over Bill who towers over Sam & Sookie.
I'm surprised how huge he is. They should keep him standing up for the rest of the show!
Old 11-03-08, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm interested to see what they do with the Stephen Root vampire character and Jason.

Also, I'd like to see more about the Vampire Rights Act, because if they have their own governing bodies (?) and stuff, how exactly are they going to be integrated into American society? And how the hell would a human arrest a vampire? And is it going to made illegal to glamour someone?
Old 11-03-08, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 357 Likes on 231 Posts
They are straying more and more from the books as it goes on. (Warning: spoiler contains generalizations beyond the first book.)

Spoiler:
In the books, Eric kills Longshadow, and he's less of a jerk. That's important to me because I'm a huge Sookie/Eric fan. Looks like the series is taking Eric's good qualities (sense of humor and general badassness) and giving them to Bill. The whole tribunal thing is not in the book. If I remember correctly, Eric had to pay a fee to Longshadow's sire.

I'm loving this show, but I can see the writing on the wall--Bill is going to stay the main guy, whereas in the books, he ends up in more of a supporting role.

Almost all the side stories are not in the books at all, mostly since it's written in first person. I do like how AB took things from the book and fleshed them out into secondary story lines that fit the world, especially the kidnapping of that vampire who watches Heroes.
Old 11-03-08, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Is this a joke? Did you watch the episode?
Old 11-03-08, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by majorjoe23
There was a dog he called brother. If it's another dog from the same litter they could look pretty much the same.
Was that in this episode? I only watched the last half because my DVR screwed up. Otherwise I just don't recall that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.