Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

I'm sick of Best Buy's new phone helper service.

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-08, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I'm tired of calling Best Buy to speak to someone in an actual department about a particular product to only be denied by the "know it all" phone rep. This person usually asks me what I'm looking for and can only look the product up on the computer and not be able to give actual details about the product, release or anything else. Why must getting good customer service over the phone feel like playing head games? I would rather sit and let the phone ring for a minute like the old days in order to talk with someone in a department than get frustrated almost every single time by having the same (usually very annoying or with an attitude) person trying to answer my questions.
Old 10-25-08, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you are getting the phone sales operator. Their job is to not forward almost any questions. The departments are filled with sales people whom are tied up with physical customers and do not have time to talk on the phone. I know this because I work for best buy. Call 888 best buy if you have "frequent" or release questions. All the phone up does is look at best buy.com, our inventory system, and our intranet to get you answers.

888 best buy is often far more equipped to answer questions. Otherwise, I would say stop in.