Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Elisabeth Hasselbeck's Greatest Hits

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-08, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Elisabeth Hasselbeck's Greatest Hits

First of all, this woman's stupidity deserves its own thread. YouTube away your favorite moments of idiocy. You know, I hope she stays on the air just so that Whoopi Goldberg can continue to verbally own her. Really, Whoopi is funnier on this show than in about 80% of her filmography combined: the way she ever so seriously smacks this woman around while subtly retaining a comedian charm is priceless.

Check out, if you haven't, the infamous "N-word" discussion:

Whoopi interrogates Hasselbeck on Sarah Palin's merits, then makes herself look almost dumber than Palin:

Post your other greatest hits.
Old 10-24-08, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol, Whoopie actually made the bitch cry.

the fight between Elisabeth and Rosie O'Donnell that got Rosie fired
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/817CwlvqjAk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/817CwlvqjAk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 10-24-08, 10:55 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
[Dirty Harry] Well, opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one. [/Dirty Harry]

Old 10-24-08, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The whole N-word discussion was quite retarded. Had to stop watching after four minutes.

Hasselbeck is quite stupid. If I started my own little society, she wouldn't be welcome.
Old 10-24-08, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/64QhZRZ-UGo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/64QhZRZ-UGo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
from tonights Real Time. Elisabeth is mentioned at the end.
Old 10-24-08, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Everytime I think of The View, I remember the joke in Family Guy, with 5 chickens or roosters talking at once.

I can't stand any of them, but Joy is by far the worst. I'm praying that Elizabeth socks her one right in the kisser.
Old 10-25-08, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
Why is it the pretty ones that are always so dumb?
Old 10-25-08, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by slop101
Why is it the pretty ones that are always so dumb?
I don't know, but I've met a fair number of average to above-average looking girls who are intelligent, and those are the keepers.
Old 10-25-08, 01:02 AM

The View? You're looking for intelligence on The View? You'd have more luck watching a toilet flush. And then Real Time....I sense a pattern. Lets get 4 or 5 liberals at a table with one conservative and watch them talk about headlines. Oh what fun! Boy that lone conservative looks stupid. Those libs are so intelligent. I want to be in their club.

Bill Maher is a vile, arrogant prick who thinks he's funnier than he is.
Old 10-25-08, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,191 Likes on 4,218 Posts
Originally Posted by Holysmoker
The View? You're looking for intelligence on The View? You'd have more luck watching a toilet flush. And then Real Time....I sense a pattern. Lets get 4 or 5 liberals at a table with one conservative and watch them talk about headlines. Oh what fun! Boy that lone conservative looks stupid. Those libs are so intelligent. I want to be in their club.
Actually, I sort of agree with some of this. I think Hasselbeck is pretty and pretty dumb, but this format never even gives her a fighting chance. It's her job to comment on the news every day and present the conservative viewpoint. I couldn't do that, but even if I could I don't think I'd want to have to defend my opinions day after day against four loud vehemently opposed women in front of a screaming mob of an audience. She certainly ain't the smartest bulb, but it's hard to defend W's positions on national TV every morning without looking like an idiot regardless. And I feel in this format the odds are stacked as much against her as that poor skinny guy with glasses who has to argue the liberal positions on Fox News.
Old 10-25-08, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Originally Posted by awil1026
Hasselbeck is quite stupid. If I started my own little society, she wouldn't be welcome.
Already happened once.

The tribe has spoken...

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 10-25-08 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-25-08, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Already happened once.

[iThe tribe has spoken...[/i]
Touche.
Old 10-25-08, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

wait, she was a survior castoff??
Old 10-25-08, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
wait, she was a survior castoff??
Yes. 2nd season, 4th place finish overall-- according to wikipedia. I didn't watch that season.
Old 10-25-08, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Kudos to Elisabeth Hasselbeck for standing up for her beliefs in the face of such daily loud opposition. I've been watching The View almost daily for the past few months and the shit the puts up with is amazing.
Old 10-25-08, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Originally Posted by awil1026
Yes. 2nd season, 4th place finish overall-- according to wikipedia. I didn't watch that season.
Back in the days when she was Elisabeth Filarski (before she married into a football family). She was quite charming at the time.
Old 10-25-08, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Kudos to Elisabeth Hasselbeck for standing up for her beliefs in the face of such daily loud opposition. I've been watching The View almost daily for the past few months and the shit the puts up with is amazing.
Yeah, but her defenses of the GOP are just moronic. If she had an intelligent reason for supporting McPalin, that would be fine. She is following them blindly and can't explain why. And she won't admit they have a single flaw.
Old 10-25-08, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Yeah, but her defenses of the GOP are just moronic. If she had an intelligent reason for supporting McPalin, that would be fine. She is following them blindly and can't explain why. And she won't admit they have a single flaw.

Oh please. And this means what? The other women on the show are following with the same blind "kool aid" mentality for their own side. Even when EH comes up with something reasonable, and it happens far more than probably any of you in this thread will give credit, the other women just shout her down with help from the audience "applause" light. Then again with all the shouting down it's a wonder anyone ever hears anything she says.

But I've learned that letting folks voice their views even when they don't agree isn't really something certain folks are interested in doing...

I will give Whoopie credit though. I've seen her at least try to listen to Elisabeth from time to time. That Joy just starts yelling and bitching over her Rosie O'Donnel/Bill O'Rielly style.

And oh, I don't agree with EH's defense of Bush. But I'm also not buying the swooning praise for that other party the other women give up daily.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 10-25-08 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-25-08, 09:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone who can watch that retarded show, then single out Hasselbeck as being the stupid one, is way the fuck dumber than she is.
Old 10-25-08, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Are you serious? She is so molly-coddled on that show it is sickening. Everyone has to put up with crap while she is allowed to talk over everyone and make her wild insinuations. It has become the Elisabeth Hasselbeck hour and it is sickening.

The executive producer Bill Geddie is a huge conservative and allows her to be be treated with kid gloves. None of the other panel gets the special treatment she gets.

She should have had to apologize to Michelle Obama for that crap she said about her at the RNC. It is no wonder that that View can only book crappy guests.

I wish I could post the clip of Elisabeth comparing the mornign after pill to "leaving your child out on the street", then tearing up her blue cards like a 2 year old and returning from the break in tears as she sits in Barbara Walters lap, but the View has done a great job in removing that clip from everywhere online.

She really has no business on TV and it has nothing to do with her political beliefs (which she can't even express well and I suspect are not really her own.) They could get an intelligent, articulate, conservative who actually has her own opinions rather than just recite talking points and being unable to argue her way out of a paper bag.
Old 10-25-08, 12:19 PM

Barbara Walters said it best at the end of the "n-word" discussion; "Just take a breath and let someone else talk."
Old 10-25-08, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't watch the View but after seeing the clips above I'd really be the last person to defend Hasselbeck. Her political views are clearly not my cup of tea, to say the least.

But those of you who think that by posting these clips you're proving that she's just a brainless blonde really make me laugh. The clips above do nothing but prove the opposite of the posters' intent. If you actually listen to what she has to say (very hard with all the cackling going on but doable) the only thing these clips prove is that she is a very capable debater with more brains than all of the other hens in that chicken coop put together (with the possible exception of Bawbwa). While I personally abhor her political views, I think she acquits herself admirably even though she is vastly outnumbered in these "discussions".

Criticize her for her views, fine. But don't dismiss her as just another dumb blonde. She isn't.
Old 10-25-08, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

wow... they all have opinions and she gets berated for stating hers....

this isnt the view of 4 liberals and one conservative... its the view

bring back dick clark, mario lopez and danny bonaduce.... that was a good show
Old 10-25-08, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
My favorite Joy line was "After 9/11 Bush told everybody to go out and spend. Now look at us...we're all broke!!!"
Old 10-25-08, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Are you serious? She is so molly-coddled on that show it is sickening. Everyone has to put up with crap while she is allowed to talk over everyone and make her wild insinuations. It has become the Elisabeth Hasselbeck hour and it is sickening.

The executive producer Bill Geddie is a huge conservative and allows her to be be treated with kid gloves. None of the other panel gets the special treatment she gets.

She should have had to apologize to Michelle Obama for that crap she said about her at the RNC. It is no wonder that that View can only book crappy guests.

I wish I could post the clip of Elisabeth comparing the mornign after pill to "leaving your child out on the street", then tearing up her blue cards like a 2 year old and returning from the break in tears as she sits in Barbara Walters lap, but the View has done a great job in removing that clip from everywhere online.

She really has no business on TV and it has nothing to do with her political beliefs (which she can't even express well and I suspect are not really her own.) They could get an intelligent, articulate, conservative who actually has her own opinions rather than just recite talking points and being unable to argue her way out of a paper bag.

Jadzia...are you serious?

I don't see how anyone can say that EH is "molly-coddled".

Last edited by Giantrobo; 10-25-08 at 02:37 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.