Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band: Official Thread of Everyone is Rocking now (sorry, Wii)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band: Official Thread of Everyone is Rocking now (sorry, Wii)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-08, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Looks like there is a 38 page thread on the rockband forums about folks (me) getting the shaft on the Sunburst guitar. HMX Henry posted some BS response, but it seems to be going nowhere. There are also lots of people saying their drums aren't working right out of the box. I haven't tried mine. I guess I need to do that tonight.
Old 10-21-08, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Shag, I'm pretty sure I have over 10,000,000 fans. And we're friends.
Old 10-21-08, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Bus
But I don't believe you're a friend on DVDTalk Rocks, which is where I was pulling the info from. If I pulled it from my friend's list, it wouldn't be an accurate representation of DVDTalk (or would be more of a pain to filter through on my end).
Old 10-21-08, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Shag, how do they add up the Solo scores? Is it a cumulative of all of your top scores from every song (main setlist only)? Is it added up in quickplay, tour, or both?
Old 10-21-08, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by rabbit77
Shag, how do they add up the Solo scores? Is it a cumulative of all of your top scores from every song (main setlist only)? Is it added up in quickplay, tour, or both?
Solo scores is your highest score on that song (main setlist only) is any setting. Could be a challenge, quickplay, or in world tour.

I just finished playing through *EVERY* song I have (disc & DLC) on guitar through quickplay. Seven songs unbeaten (though I have done three of them before). I'm keeping stats in a spreadsheet with Score/Stars/%/Streak, so I needed to go back through and play everything again. That's 301 songs in just over a week. I'll be hitting up bass next until my wife goes out of town in early November, in which I hope to run through vocals mad fast (and hopefully oust Kijdhefgi of his vocal throne!).
Old 10-21-08, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
I've also noticed the sensitivity on the guitar. Half of the time if I let the bar go to hard it registers a missed note.
Old 10-21-08, 11:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I picked up RB2 for my PS3 on sunday and i love it (i enjoy the GH series a little more but RB is still awesome) and what i really loathe about this game is how much strumming there is. It was the same with RB1 but really i hate strumming! I know i hate it purely because i suck at it but still. I just can't seem to strum fast and keep the beat at the same time. I know the perfect way to do all that strumming is to strum Up AND Down but i just can never tell, i either overstrum or understrum.
I seriously do not know how people can actually do all that strumming without hurting their hand. Perfect example is the song PDA by Interpol on Hard. Wow that sucked so much! It was 97% fast strumming. I mean seriously is that ANY fun at all? EVEN if you're good at it?
So yeah anyone have good tips for my inability to strum good? Oh and btw im using the GH3 Guitar. I can't stand the no click strum from my RB1 guitar!
Old 10-21-08, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't grip the strum bar. I find pushing down with my thumb and flicking up with my index finger to be the best. It's really amazing how slow you feel you're going compared to the notes on the screen.
Old 10-21-08, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonno2006
I picked up RB2 for my PS3 on sunday and i love it (i enjoy the GH series a little more but RB is still awesome) and what i really loathe about this game is how much strumming there is. It was the same with RB1 but really i hate strumming! I know i hate it purely because i suck at it but still. I just can't seem to strum fast and keep the beat at the same time. I know the perfect way to do all that strumming is to strum Up AND Down but i just can never tell, i either overstrum or understrum.
I seriously do not know how people can actually do all that strumming without hurting their hand. Perfect example is the song PDA by Interpol on Hard. Wow that sucked so much! It was 97% fast strumming. I mean seriously is that ANY fun at all? EVEN if you're good at it?
So yeah anyone have good tips for my inability to strum good? Oh and btw im using the GH3 Guitar. I can't stand the no click strum from my RB1 guitar!
If you haven't played the Dylan song yet, be prepared. I did it on Hard and my right hand was very tense at the end of it, and I am a practiced alt-strummer from playing real instruments.
Old 10-21-08, 11:25 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
If you haven't played the Dylan song yet, be prepared. I did it on Hard and my right hand was very tense at the end of it, and I am a practiced alt-strummer from playing real instruments.
Yep, that killed me the first time I played it. I didn't figure it would be too hard, so I did it on Expert...I managed to barely pass it, but by the end of it my damn hand was numb.
Old 10-21-08, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Report of an issue with the USB hub ...
So there we were, sitting on the couch playing a quick round of Buzz, when I start to smell burning plastic. My friends thought I was nuts. Five minutes later, they saw smoke.

The 4-port USB hub that shipped with Rock Band? It was smoldering.
Full story (so far): Rock Band tried to burn my house down
The emails back and forth with customer support are pretty funny.
Old 10-21-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I try to loosely hold the strum bar like you would a traditional pick. Between thumb and forefinger.

Relax and dont tense up, which takes practice. If you start tensing up youre going to miss longs strings of rapid notes.
Old 10-21-08, 11:59 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Walker Boh
Report of an issue with the USB hub ...

Full story (so far): Rock Band tried to burn my house down
The emails back and forth with customer support are pretty funny.
Yikes. Guess I'll unplug mine.
Old 10-21-08, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jonno2006
I almost always downstrum with my thumb. However, when my hand starts to cramp up I rotate my wrist 90° towards the guitar and then downstrum with my index finger.
Old 10-21-08, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Shagrath
blah blah and hopefully oust Kijdhefgi of his vocal throne!
Never gonna happen! While you're downstrumming away I'm filling out my final tier background!

Spoiler:

Call me when you stop failing American Woman long enough to pose a challenge. I'll even give you a chance to catch up by playing Dead Space & Fable 2 on separate TVs WHILE I sing performance mode AND STILL 100% shit all day every day. Act like you know!
Old 10-21-08, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Kijdhefgi
Never gonna happen! While you're downstrumming away I'm filling out my final tier background!

Spoiler:

Call me when you stop failing American Woman long enough to pose a challenge. I'll even give you a chance to catch up by playing Dead Space & Fable 2 on separate TVs WHILE I sing performance mode AND STILL 100% shit all day every day. Act like you know!
Maybe you should try out for American Idol.
Old 10-21-08, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
mighty impressive. So you've played the endlist setlist two times already Kijdhefgi?
Old 10-21-08, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by edstein
Maybe you should try out for American Idol.
Nah, they hate modesty on there. He'd have to crank up the boasting a little bit.
Old 10-21-08, 01:03 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Nah, they hate modesty on there. He'd have to crank up the boasting a little bit.
Old 10-21-08, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Did you change your gamertag or sign up with a new one? If you just changed it, you should still be on everyone's friends list.

I think the problem was that I was not a friend of DVDTalk Rocks :-) I should be number 2 on that solo vocal list! LOL
Old 10-21-08, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by The Bus
Something is up with that maybe...I'm friends with DVDTalk rocks and my band The Killer Newts have like 19,000,000 fans but didn't make the list (I had 24,000,000 but then played a really shitty gig and lost a ton - BOO). Loving the Nirvana pack... I sang the shit out of those while playing guitar once through and then bass... so much fun to play & sing these ones IMO...but then again, I'm a pretty die hard Nirvana fan.
Old 10-21-08, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mdc3000
Something is up with that maybe...I'm friends with DVDTalk rocks and my band The Killer Newts have like 19,000,000 fans but didn't make the list (I had 24,000,000 but then played a really shitty gig and lost a ton - BOO).
Yeah, I think something is wrong too, on solo Drums my score is over 8 million and I am not on the list either.
Old 10-21-08, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Some of you people weren't on the list when I made it last night. I got quite a few requests last night after I made the list. Even though I've had DVDTalk Rocks available for months, and have been actively advertising it, only now are some people sending the requests.

I'll do another update later this week, since most of you are on there now. Then I'll go to my planned bi-weekly updates. Also, I'm just going off what the in-game leaderboards are showing (since you can't see friends on RB.com). Some people may be mixing up their career and total scores as well. I don't know what the case is for each person individually.
Old 10-21-08, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ah, I saw the edit time stamp and assumed you updated the rankings. That makes sense. Either that or I was mixing up my career and total score.
Old 10-21-08, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Some of you people weren't on the list when I made it last night. I got quite a few requests last night after I made the list. Even though I've had DVDTalk Rocks available for months, and have been actively advertising it, only now are some people sending the requests.

I'll do another update later this week, since most of you are on there now. Then I'll go to my planned bi-weekly updates. Also, I'm just going off what the in-game leaderboards are showing (since you can't see friends on RB.com). Some people may be mixing up their career and total scores as well. I don't know what the case is for each person individually.
If there's still room, can you add me too? Thanks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.