Desperate Housewives -- "Back in Business" -- 10/19/08

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-08, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Desperate Housewives -- "Back in Business" -- 10/19/08

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Bree's success evokes jealousy on Wisteria Lane; Lynette, who misses using her business expertise, offers Bree unsolicited marketing advice; Mike feels as though he's not a part of MJ's life while Susan teaches their reluctant young son how to fall; and Gaby wants Carlos to be more amorous. Meanwhile, Dave's real reason for moving to Wisteria Lane begins to come into focus.

Old 10-19-08, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bree is really pissing me off. She is alienating her husband, and her friends. Especially her friendship with Lynette. Sure, she may not agree with Lynette's advertising approach, but, she doesn't have to be so cold about it. Lynette was right, even though she was drunk, but, when Lynette was the high-powered executive, she didn't look down upon Bree, or any of her friends.

I hope Bree will wake up, and see what she is neglecting, or she will lose what really matters most!

Edited to add:

I'm very proud of Lynette. Even though she is jealous of Bree's success, she's willing to stand beside Bree, and be there for her.

I'm also very glad that Bree finally felt the walls crashing around her, and decided to let Orson be her partner.

I'm guessing that Dave's bizarre obsession with getting Mike to join the band is pointing to Mike being who Dave wants to exact revenge on. If that's the case, Mike's had a really tough time on Wisteria Lane. I think I'd move far away, if I were him!
Old 10-19-08, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
The show is on a roll - and definitely at its best when they steer away from Susan's new love life.

Gaby and Carlos blind play date; Maynard's stand still-fall
"Bethany's mom will take Juanita once a wk. for TWO whole hours. That is sex and a nap!"

Will Dave need Carlos to complete his garage band of revenge??
Old 10-19-08, 09:33 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I hope we get some sort of answers about Dave soon, they are really stretching that story out.
Old 10-19-08, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My grandfather has a theory that Dave may be related to the woman and child Susan and Mike killed in that car wreck in Episode 1. Perhaps he's in town to seek revenge?
Old 10-20-08, 12:05 AM

Old 10-20-08, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
My grandfather has a theory that Dave may be related to the woman and child Susan and Mike killed in that car wreck in Episode 1. Perhaps he's in town to seek revenge?
That's a very interesting theory, and certainly plausible. I think it's great that your grandfather watches Desperate Housewives! I wonder if he has his eye on one of these women?
Old 10-20-08, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They have turned Lynette into one of the most unlikeable characters on this show.
Old 10-20-08, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by magiccmom
They have turned Lynette into one of the most unlikeable characters on this show.
Yep.

Good theory on Dave above.
Old 10-20-08, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
But wouldn't Dave's vendetta be against Susan then? And why does his diabolical plan require Mike to play guitar in a band???
Old 10-20-08, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
That is the general consensus that alot of people feel. I happen to agree.
Old 10-20-08, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, this week I am once again horrified by the actions of these women. This time it is towards Susan. Making your 5 year old son fall down? What kind of mother would do that?
Old 10-20-08, 10:06 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

The kind that makes her ex feel like he's got a relationship with his son. 5-year-olds fall down all the time -- frequently on purpose. Usually getting them to calm down is the problem.
Old 10-20-08, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i'm still interested in seeing the dave story line play out. it does seem like he is awfully interested in mike.

juanita telling the other little girls about sex, lol.
Old 10-21-08, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's been my guess every since he debuted on the show. I figured that he was the husband of the woman and father of the child, but I think that would be a little too close, so maybe the brother of the women instead.

Sperm!
Old 10-21-08, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
As far as stupid plans go, Susan's wasn't THAT horrible. I at least could see the rationale behind it.
Old 10-22-08, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
So, is this taking place in 2013 or is the timeline just a TV cheat?

If it's not a cheat, bring on the hoverboards, transporters and hologram phones!!!!!