Search this Thread

Old 10-19-08, 11:19 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Entourage - "Gotta Look Up To Get Down" - 10/19/08

"Gotta Look Up To Get Down"
Spoiler:
Vince gets a taste of the fashion world when he agrees to do a Dolce & Gabbana photo shoot with a gorgeous supermodel. Ari pays his respects, while he tries to work a deal for Vince at a funeral.
Old 10-19-08, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Not good. Makes like 10 in a row. This season has had little to no point so far. The writers must be fans of BSG.
Old 10-19-08, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought it was great. Liked all the Ari stuff. I got a truly odd/unsettling feeling about the last scene.
Old 10-19-08, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Not good. Makes like 10 in a row. This season has had little to no point so far. The writers must be fans of BSG.
WTF?

I thought it was one of the best episodes of the show - it didn't have any big, huge laughs or wackiness, but it had a little bit of everything that makes the show what it is. I loved it.
Old 10-20-08, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The last scene made it seem like a series finale. I liked the episode. Great music choice too.
Old 10-20-08, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by SPiRAL
The last scene made it seem like a series finale. I liked the episode. Great music choice too.
It really did. And yes, excellent choice musically.
Old 10-20-08, 01:47 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Loved it. Great Episode.
Old 10-20-08, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by slop101
WTF?

I thought it was one of the best episodes of the show - it didn't have any big, huge laughs or wackiness, but it had a little bit of everything that makes the show what it is. I loved it.
Well that's cool and all, but I don't agree with you.
Old 10-20-08, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best episode of the season.
Old 10-20-08, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well that's cool and all, but I don't agree with you.

I have a feeling you're going to be in the minority on this one, at least in this thread.
Old 10-20-08, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Like I've said before... if you're watching this show for plot progression and character development you'll be disappointed. If you're watching it for the comedy and wackiness associated with 'living the life' then it is much more enjoyable. So while I agree with you that very little has happened thus far this season, I still think the show has been great this season.

I thought this was a good episode. Very interesting twist with Ari. I don't know why Vince would be so disappointed by Ari making a move like that. Vince can have any movie under the sun if Ari was a studio head.

I guess the Vince and crew angle was a complete side story. Not much happened there other than showing the male audience an abundance of hot models.... I'm not complaining.
Old 10-20-08, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I know it's funnier to see Drama fail, but the guy is on a successful primetime network show. Those models would be creaming to be with him.

It was great watching E bristle every time the tall model referred to his height.
Old 10-20-08, 09:23 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I thought last nights episode was great (compared to the previous two). I have a feeling Ari won't take the job.

But it should be a fun couple of weeks watching Ari get courted by the studio.
Old 10-20-08, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 272 Likes on 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Goat3001
I don't know why Vince would be so disappointed by Ari making a move like that. Vince can have any movie under the sun if Ari was a studio head.
Perhaps Vince likes the constant Ari attention & focus, but realizes he would be a tiny fraction of Ari's time and priorities if he's running a studio.
Old 10-20-08, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Decent episode, especially the part with Ari on the phone with Dana Gordon while his wife is listening.

I don't understand however why Ari taking the studio job would be a bad thing. It helps Vince's career immeasurably. Lloyd could always get hired as an assistant there. E's growing client roster would have a friend in high places. Ari rakes in even more money. I fail to see the downside of this?
Old 10-20-08, 10:59 AM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
Another fun episode. I can never get enough of this show.

Drama never getting chicks seems fitting. The guy has zero game. He reminds me of the guys I used to see at clubs, trying to pick up chicks by acting super macho, and striking out almost every time.
Old 10-20-08, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I didn't understand Vince's conflicted emotions either.
Old 10-20-08, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vince's loyalty will be his eventual downfall. Every episode he shows time and again that he has loyalty to friends and family, artistic integrity etc... to the point where he has turned down opportunity after opportunity to make dough which he needs. Even with Ari, this move will help his carrer but they won't have the same relationship. But, Vince has said it time and again that not only does he not care about his career from a money/selling out standpoint, but he is from nothing and won't hesistate going back to it. That may be foreshadowing as he may get his big break but he may end up back at QB. He just keeps showing hes not your normal actor and refuses to sell out/sacrifice friendships for money. On a few of these occasions I would have taken the money. (Maybe not Benji but definitely the model gig).
Old 10-20-08, 12:47 PM

He wouldnt have Ari as an agent anymore? Hows that hard to understand that he was having a hard time with the idea?
Old 10-20-08, 12:55 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Doughboy
Decent episode, especially the part with Ari on the phone with Dana Gordon while his wife is listening.

I don't understand however why Ari taking the studio job would be a bad thing. It helps Vince's career immeasurably. Lloyd could always get hired as an assistant there. E's growing client roster would have a friend in high places. Ari rakes in even more money. I fail to see the downside of this?
I think Vince likes being the struggling actor. Knowing he's always going to be working probably takes away the chase.

Though I thought Vince wanted to be a movie star. Eh, I don't think he really knows what he wants, which is realistic.
Old 10-20-08, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
I think they have to make Ari take the job or this series is going to get stagnant. It's time to shake things up a little. And who isn't pulling for Ari anyway?
Old 10-20-08, 01:31 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Vince is a "friendship" guy -

Both Ari and Vince are kind of in the trenches together. It is an US vs. Them (studios)

Now Ari will become one of "Them" and both know full well that Ari will be making decisions on what will best suit the studio - and if Vince is not a hot actor - Ari will turn his back on him.
Old 10-20-08, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe that's how Vince sees it, and so in that context, his reaction makes sense.

But Ari even said to his wife that Vince is one of the only guys he reps that he really likes, and that he's genuine about going to bat for him even as a studio head.
Old 10-20-08, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The problem that I now have with the show is the fact that while Ari boasts about his hundreds of clients, he seems to be morbidly obsessed with Vince. They admit that the guy is on a down cycle. He's never made A-list money for any project. Yet Ari would risk his relationship with a studio head to get him the second lead? Really? Wasn't he a bit concerned that this might damage his other 299 clients' chances of getting work at that studio?

I know I'm overthinking it and that it's just a show. But things like this have begun to really bother me about Entourage.
Old 10-20-08, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 272 Likes on 171 Posts
If I was Ari, this is the first thing I'd do:

Spoiler:
punch that annoying Jeffrey Tambor

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.