The Amazing Race 13 -- "Did You Push My Sports Bra Off The Ledge?" -- 10/12/08

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-08, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Amazing Race 13 -- "Did You Push My Sports Bra Off The Ledge?" -- 10/12/08

Synopsis for tonight's episode:

Spoiler:

The high altitude of La Paz, Bolivia leaves one Racer breathless—literally. Will he be able to catch his breath before it’s too late? Racers don spandex and take up the mantle of Fighting Cholitas. One Racer flies out of control on a Stone Age bike and a conflict over a sports bra sparks a mad-dash to the U-Turn.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-12-08 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-12-08, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CBS has football today!
Pad accordingly!
Old 10-12-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Not impressed with this edition of TAR so far...
Old 10-12-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I hate the divorcee bitches. Pretty lame of the one team to ask another to use the U-Turn. If you want it used, have the guts to do it yourself.

Famous last words at the beginning when the older geeks talked about how they took the time to think everything out when they got the clues.
Old 10-12-08, 10:02 PM
Banned

"Mother did it need to be so high"
Nice reference to Waters. Coulda been the title of the show. Of course, they'd be sued.
Old 10-12-08, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
Famous last words at the beginning when the older geeks talked about how they took the time to think everything out when they got the clues.
Yeah, too bad, they had become my favorite team by far.
Old 10-12-08, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
I hate the divorcee bitches. Pretty lame of the one team to ask another to use the U-Turn. If you want it used, have the guts to do it yourself.
In their defense, I didn't believe Starr either. From what we've seen, she seems like someone who would mess with other teams stuff and then lie about it. Plus, while they seemed to talk about them all the time, that's just the way it was edited. I doubt they were that obsessed with them.

As for asking another team to use the U-turn instead of you...it was worth a try. You would still have the option later in the race, and the other team would have been the "bad guy"...it worked in All-Stars when everyone hated Danny and Oswald after they traded using the yield for money.
Old 10-12-08, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by mwbmis

As for asking another team to use the U-turn instead of you...it was worth a try. You would still have the option later in the race, and the other team would have been the "bad guy"...it worked in All-Stars when everyone hated Danny and Oswald after they traded using the yield for money.

Yeah, but no one is stupid enough to use it for someone else for no reason.
Old 10-13-08, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Yeah, but no one is stupid enough to use it for someone else for no reason.
True, but they only have like 2 of these a race. I probably would have used it if I knew I was close to last. There were only two teams behind Aja and Ty. That was a time to use it. And unlike Kent and Vixxen (who used it on a team already in front of them), Ty and Aja knew at least one of the teams behind them. It's part of the race, and I wish more teams would have the guts to use it.

Honestly, they both should have used it, and the fact that neither one did was stupid. And if Kelly and Christie saw that Toni and Dallas were still behind them then they were stupid for not using it too.
Old 10-13-08, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Very disappointed to see Mark and Bill go tonight. Can't believe how dumb they were at missing the walking part of their clue.

Ken and Tina have actually surprised me so far. However, they are so bound to have some sort of meltdown sooner or later.
Old 10-13-08, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I always hate when everyone passes on gaining advantages, like utilizing the U-Turn.
Old 10-13-08, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to be spared any airport drama last night. I really wish they'd cut the airport segments out entirely.
Old 10-13-08, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Originally Posted by JayDerek
Glad to be spared any airport drama last night. I really wish they'd cut the airport segments out entirely.
Yeah, but it's only worthy when they have just one flight outgoing and everyone has to fight for it to try and gain some time advantage.
Old 10-13-08, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I loved the hilarious wrestling matches. That was one of the greatest tasks I've seen on the show.

The seperated couple. The wife was so passive aggressive in the first episode. She seems OK now. The woman tweezes her eye brows too much though that it's scary.
Old 10-13-08, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

These teams have got to learn how to read clues.
Old 10-13-08, 07:12 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Ken has really calmed down after the 1st ep, unlike Terence who is still a jerk.

Sucky way to go by not reading the clue correctly. But that's sort of important, I was surprised to see the southern girls that high up, as so far they seem to have been horrible, and the divorcees looking for a container on the beach.

oh boy
Old 10-13-08, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sometimes, it just comes down to luck with a good taxi driver.
Old 10-13-08, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Those were some pretty crazy crashes on those mini bikes. Too bad about the comic geeks leaving. I actually expected the frat boys to lose earlier since they seem so tired all the time.
Old 10-13-08, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by big whoppa
I loved the hilarious wrestling matches. That was one of the greatest tasks I've seen on the show.
That whole episode was fun, however, it reeked of an episode of 'Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations'.

Still fun...even though there was no alcohol, or Tony involved.

And I think the guys got the better end of getting divorced from those two women.

Bummed about the geeks, they amused me.
Old 10-15-08, 01:05 PM

Might as well stick this in here!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...&cs=1&nid=2565

Posted: Wed., Oct. 15, 2008, 9:41am PT

Disney, Discovery team for 'Race'

Latin American version of reality hit planned

By EMILIANO DE PABLOSCANNES — Disney Media Networks Latin America and Discovery Networks Latin America/U.S. Hispanic are to produce a local version of long running reality show "The Amazing Race" for the entire region.
For both companies, deal marks the first pan-regional production of an original reality competition format.

Agreement was unveiled Wednesday at Mipcom.

Pre-production for the local version of "Amazing Race" will begin in January and will include contestants from the region. Discovery Channel plans to air the reality show in Latin America and the Caribbean in late 2009.

Created by Elise Doganieri and Bertram Van Munster, and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, the U.S. version of "Amazing Race," is now in its 14th season on CBS.

In a parallel announcement, Disney said that DMNLA will now distribute all Disney and non-Disney branded content to all TV platforms in the U.S. Hispanic market.

Move follows the strategy that began last year with the original production of "Amas de casa desesperadas" ("Desperate Housewives") for Univision.

The distribution includes series from ABC Studios; feature films from Walt Disney Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax Films and Disney-Pixar; and titles from Latin American labels Patagonik and Miravista.

Also at Mipcom, Disney-ABC-ESPN TV struck a deal with South African pubcaster SABC for over 200 episodes of ABC's talk show "The View," as well as the third season of "Desperate Housewives" and multiple seasons of "The Amazing Race."
I would love to be able to see this with subtitles next year. And at least regarding the Latin women, they would all be hotties!

Chris
Old 10-15-08, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
They currently do an Asian version on AXN.
http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/index.php
Old 10-15-08, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by devilshalo
They currently do an Asian version on AXN.
http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/index.php
I didn't see it on the front page, but do they have episodes that we can watch online? I wouldn't mind watching it even if there are no subtitles. A fight in any language is still fun to watch!

Chris
Old 10-15-08, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
I didn't see it on the front page, but do they have episodes that we can watch online? I wouldn't mind watching it even if there are no subtitles. A fight in any language is still fun to watch!

Chris
No subtitles are necessary. It is in English.
Old 10-15-08, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by postermen
No subtitles are necessary. It is in English.
So, if I create an account there I can view the episodes?

Chris
Old 10-15-08, 06:23 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
They are on the 3rd asian season now

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.