Reload this Page >

All store exclusives and freebies - 10/05/08 to 10/11/08

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 10-05-08, 06:38 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

These weekly threads are for the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

These lists will likely be incomplete until Thursday or so, since DVDs are released on Tuesday and one of us needs to visit all the stores to confirm things.

Links to the master list and to the previous and next week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; We'd appreciate any updates you could give us.

All Stores - Thread for all movie cash and free ticket deals
tons of free movie deals at various retailers, see the above linked thread for full details

Best Buy -
Sleeping Beauty 50th - alarm clock, and a lithograph online only
South Park: The Cult of Cartman - Cartman figurine
Jack Brook's Monster Slayer - bonus DVD with movie Teenage Massacre

Target -
Sleeping Beauty 50th - Tinkerbell preview DVD

Circuit City -
Sleeping Beauty 50th - iron-on decal

Wal Mart / Sam's Club -
Sleeping Beauty 50th - beauty gift set (kid sized mirror, etc)
also, if you buy this, last month's similar giftset and next month's Tinker Bell giftset, you get an exclusive Tinker Bell gift box valued at $35

K-Mart/Sears -
Sleeping Beauty 50th - free $15 teapot playset when you buy the DVD and a specific SB doll

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC -
Sleeping Beauty 50th - film cell (pre-orders only possibly)
also have pre-orders for coming steelbooks (Indy Jones, possibly The Hulk)

Barnes and Noble -
I searched and found nothing new

Borders -

Costco -
Sleeping Beauty 50th - packaged with pillowed door handle hanger (doesn't say Costco exclusive, but not seen elsewhere)

GameStop / MovieStop -

Blockbuster -

Hot Topic -

Toys-R-Us -
Sleeping Beauty 50th - stencil set

The Disney Store - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Meijers - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Ralph's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hastings - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Acme / Albertson's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Giant Food / Giant Eagle - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Pathmark / Stop-in-Shop -
Sleeping Beauty 50th - mini lunch box

Fred Meyer - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Canadian Exclusives -
Future Shop
* Sleeping Beauty w/ film cell

Best Buy US/Canada
* Sleeping Beauty w/ alarm clock

Zellers
* Sleeping Beauty w/ lunch bucket

TWEC
* Sleeping Beauty w/ film cell (at least on fye.com)

Disney Store
* I think I remember hearing about a lithograph w/ Sleeping Beauty, not 100% sure

Last edited by Trevor; 10-11-08 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-05-08, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future Shop
* Sleeping Beauty w/ film cell

Best Buy US/Canada
* Sleeping Beauty w/ alarm clock

Zellers
* Sleeping Beauty w/ lunch bucket

TWEC
* Sleeping Beauty w/ film cell (at least on fye.com)

Disney Store
* I think I remember hearing about a lithograph w/ Sleeping Beauty, not 100% sure

Later

Last edited by johnsun; 10-05-08 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-05-08, 10:07 PM

Disney Store
Sleeping Beauty - 4-lithograph set included with pre-order of SD or Blu-ray (Monday, October 6th is last day for pre-order, some stores have run out of lithograph set)

Costco
Sleeping Beauty - Two-sided Door Hanger Pillow included on-pack with SD only

K-Mart
Sleeping Beauty - FREE Sleeping Beauty Teapot Play Set ($14.99 value) when you buy Sleeping Beauty SD/Blu-ray AND Mattel Magic Fair Lights Sleeping Beauty Doll
Old 10-06-08, 03:40 AM

Best Buy:
Sleeping Beauty on DVD or Blu-Ray - A free Sleeping Beauty Alarm clock

South Park: The Cult of Cartman - Free Cartman figurine

Target:
Sleeping Beauty - Sampler DVD of new Tinker Bell movie

Circuit City:
Sleeping Beauty - Iron-on decal
Old 10-06-08, 02:39 PM

Here is what the Best Buy Sleeping Beauty Alarm Clock looks like.

Also there is a lithograph offer available online only.

Old 10-07-08, 07:26 PM

Best Buy Exclusives:
Wicked Lake DVD w/ 3 New Ministry songs (sold out)
Jack Brooks Monster Slayer DVD w/ bonus movie "Teenage Massacre"

also had LOTS of shelftalkers posted in Horror section for sales items (mostly catalog titles) not listed in weekly ad, unfortunately THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY OF THE DVDs ON THE SHELVES!!!
Old 10-07-08, 11:14 PM

Anyone pick up the Target Tinker Bell sampler disc? What's on it? Just some trailers?
Thanks
Old 10-07-08, 11:23 PM

"Sleeping Beauty" is being sold with a freebie "snack box" (a.k.a. mini lunch box) at Pathmark supermarkets here in NJ. Saw a big display full of them, with Disney graphics describing the promotion. Reminded me of a similar "snack box" given away with another Disney animated title from earlier this year, which i found at Stop & Shop supermarkets. Might be a recurring grocery store thing, not exclusive to any one particular chain.

Hmmm... I wonder if that means I may have missed a similar item for "Little Mermaid III" a few weeks ago... er, anybody recall seeing something like that?
Old 10-08-08, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by johnsun
Anyone pick up the Target Tinker Bell sampler disc? What's on it? Just some trailers?
Thanks
One 2 to 3 minute scene from the film (Tink trying to find a better talent than tinkering and exploring water talents), a song montage that may also be from the film, various character intros that may be snippets from the film, a game (a series of questions to determine which fairy you are most like), and trailers for each of (1) the film, (2) the online Pixie Hollow fairy environment, and (3) a Nintendo DS game for Tinker Bell.
Old 10-08-08, 03:02 PM

13 chains hit, updates made.

Last edited by Trevor; 10-08-08 at 03:06 PM. Reason: change 12 to 13
Old 10-08-08, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by SLASHFACE
Best Buy Exclusives:
Wicked Lake DVD w/ 3 New Ministry songs (sold out)
Jack Brooks Monster Slayer DVD w/ bonus movie "Teenage Massacre"

also had LOTS of shelftalkers posted in Horror section for sales items (mostly catalog titles) not listed in weekly ad, unfortunately THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY OF THE DVDs ON THE SHELVES!!!
The Monster Slayer DVD has a sticker on it indicating that it is a BB exclusive.

Wicked Lake has no such "exclusive" wording on the sticker. Are we sure it is a BB exclusive?

Last edited by Trevor; 10-08-08 at 09:21 PM. Reason: spellung
Old 10-08-08, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey trevor, i thought you already had this down, but fye is giving away a free film cell for sleeping beauty, prolly the same one as futureshop. it is supposedly only available with preorders for the sd or br disk.
Old 10-08-08, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by hindolio
hey trevor, i thought you already had this down, but fye is giving away a free film cell for sleeping beauty, prolly the same one as futureshop. it is supposedly only available with preorders for the sd or br disk.
Thanks!
Old 10-09-08, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
The Monster Slayer DVD has a sticker on it indicating that it is a BB exclusive.

Wicked Lake has no such "exclusive" wording on the sticker. Are we sure it is a BB exclusive?
They were sold out by the time I got there, but that's what the shelftalker said.
Old 10-09-08, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by SLASHFACE
They were sold out by the time I got there, but that's what the shelftalker said.
Yep, I bought one. But there is no "exclusive" wording on the package, on the shelf tag, or in the ad. So I don't think it is a store exclusive. Might just be limited to the first print run of the DVD.
Old 10-09-08, 09:47 AM

Can someone shed some light why Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer is posted for 8.99 and 24.99 on best Buy's website.

Is the 24.99 the one that comes with the exclusive additional dvd?
Old 10-09-08, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Raw_and_Vital
Can someone shed some light why Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer is posted for 8.99 and 24.99 on best Buy's website.

BB's website is crap. Sometimes they have adequate exclusive information/listings, but usually not. You're rolling the dice every time you order exclusives from them.
Old 10-09-08, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer 2 disc for $8.99 after they looked up the online price.
Old 10-09-08, 10:46 PM

As a follow-up to my post above, I will add that I found the same "Sleeping Beauty" mini lunch boxes being given away with purchase of the DVD at a local Stop & Shop supermarket (in addition to Pathmark). Actually quite nice. Anyway, just wanted to make sure this made the list.
Old 10-11-08, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ajay C
As a follow-up to my post above, I will add that I found the same "Sleeping Beauty" mini lunch boxes being given away with purchase of the DVD at a local Stop & Shop supermarket (in addition to Pathmark). Actually quite nice. Anyway, just wanted to make sure this made the list.
Thanks! Updates made. Next week's thread started.
Old 10-12-08, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Raw_and_Vital

$8.99 was the price for the exclusive set. Now I think it is back to $14.99. I had hit 3 different BB's for this exclusive. Don't be fooled by what is in the store. There is always the possiblity that the "exclusive" sticker is not on the case. The standard DVD upc is 0 1313 15939-90. The upc for the 2 disc set is 0 1313 16194-92. There really is not that much of a difference in the weight of the 2. Before venturing out to different BB's I suggest calling first to verify that they have the one with the correct upc for the exclusive content. I found 2 tonight the had the correct upc but only one had the "exclusive sticker".

Happy Hunting!
Old 12-26-09, 01:21 PM
Cool New Member

Re: All store exclusives and freebies - 10/05/08 to 10/11/08

I'm sorry about renewing this old post, but I'm trying to know if the best buy lithograph of Sleeping beauty wich was given away with online order is the same as Disney store. Thanks
Old 12-26-09, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by edo1080
I'm sorry about renewing this old post, but I'm trying to know if the best buy lithograph of Sleeping beauty wich was given away with online order is the same as Disney store. Thanks
I'm not sure, but I would guess that they're different. Possible other sources for you to track down this info would be Disney forums, or maybe the Sleeping Beauty threads here.
Old 12-26-09, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by edo1080
i believe none of the lithographs from bestbuy or circuit city (iirc, no other stores have had full-sized lithographs) were the same as the disney exclusive lithographs.

i think disney usually does four (?) lithos in an envelope, while bestbuy/circuit city generally has one litho, framed in a cardboard matte.
Old 12-27-09, 02:07 AM
Cool New Member

Yes, I guess you are right. I noticed the same, but never seen a picture of the Best buy litho. Only Disney Store's one around. Thanks for your answer.