True Blood - "Sparks Fly Out" - 10/05/08

Old 10-05-08, 01:58 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
True Blood - "Sparks Fly Out" - 10/05/08

"Sparks Fly Out"
Spoiler:
Spurned by an exasperated Sookie, Bill ends up winning over Adele's church audience with his vivid recollections from the Civil War, though Andy and Bud remain suspicious. Sam tries to make the most of his opportunity with Sookie, though she's clearly not ready to commit. Ignoring Tara's rebuff, Lafayette convinces Jason to give vampire blood, a.k.a. "V juice," another shot. Alone at home, Bill remembers the painful wartime incident that changed his fate forever.
Old 10-05-08, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOFL! "Giving Jason vampire blood is like giving ho ho's to a diabetic!"
Old 10-06-08, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really liked seeing how Bill was turned into a vampire. In fact, I wish the whole show was set during that time period instead of the modern day south.
Old 10-06-08, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Crazy hour - I love this show.
Jason high-fiving, snapping his fingers after Lafayette's tirade with the AIDS burgers...then banging a divorcee behind Merlotte's.

Definitely the high point was the backstory on William Compton and his vampiric origins. Great stuff from Stephen Moyer.

RIP Granny Stackhouse. I really enjoyed the hearty conversations between her and Sookie at the breakfast table. So...our mystery killer isn't a vampire, but sure has something against those who closely associate with them.
Old 10-06-08, 01:27 AM

Does anyone else think the mysterious murderer is probably Bill's "sire"?
Old 10-06-08, 02:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mhepburn20
Does anyone else think the mysterious murderer is probably Bill's "sire"?
I don't think so because Bill said that no vampire would be able to resist the urge to drain the bodies. I think the killer is either the spanish guy (because so far his character has done nothing but sit around,) or that guy who drank the TruBlood (because he seems to want to rebel from his suppressive mother).
Old 10-06-08, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by skatefan20

Crazy hour - I love this show.
Jason high-fiving, snapping his fingers after Lafayette's tirade with the AIDS burgers...then banging a divorcee behind Merlotte's.

Definitely the high point was the backstory on William Compton and his vampiric origins. Great stuff from Stephen Moyer.

RIP Granny Stackhouse. I really enjoyed the hearty conversations between her and Sookie at the breakfast table. So...our mystery killer isn't a vampire, but sure has something against those who closely associate with them.
I agree with everything you said. The fact that Jason went right on banging the divorcee, after having trash dumped all over them, really made me laugh! That was just too damn funny! Plus, the divorcee was only worried about her hair. Freaking hilarious!

It REALLY sucks that Adele is gone. Not only do I like "Granny Stackhouse", but, I love the actor who portrays her.

The backstory on William Compton was great, and I truly enjoyed this episode.

Last edited by MadonnasManOne; 10-06-08 at 03:28 AM.
Old 10-06-08, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
Another great episode.

I expect that we'll be seeing Bill's sire show up at some point.

Still something going with Sam. Signs still point to him being a werewolf.

Loved the dirty look Tara gave to the Confederate flag.

"AIDS Burger."

Sad to see Ms. Stackhouse murdered. Wonder if she's dead dead, or if she'll turn up a ghost every now and then. We already have vampires, werewolves, and supernatural erections, so ghosts are a definite possibility.
Old 10-06-08, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric D.
I don't think so because Bill said that no vampire would be able to resist the urge to drain the bodies. I think the killer is either the spanish guy (because so far his character has done nothing but sit around,) or that guy who drank the TruBlood (because he seems to want to rebel from his suppressive mother).
This is what I'm thinking.
Old 10-06-08, 04:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
"Hold the Aids"

Old 10-06-08, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
the real question: Sookie get naked yet?
Old 10-06-08, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by djbrown
the real question: Sookie get naked yet?
No, and I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. Something having to do with "being respected as an actress" or some meaningless junk like that, that nobody cares about.
Old 10-06-08, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by LickTheABCs
No, and I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. Something having to do with "being respected as an actress" or some meaningless junk like that, that nobody cares about.
Which would be a pretty stupid reason considering the many respected actresses doing nudity
Old 10-06-08, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Lafayette stole the episode from Bill, even though it was about Bill's vamp origin. Who knew vamps cried tears of blood? Tara throwing trash on Jason and Randi Sue, and then Jason puts even more trash on Randi Sue's back as he continued his coitus ways was snarky funny.
Old 10-06-08, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Who knew vamps cried tears of blood?
Anne Rice, apparently. The vampires in her Vampire Chronicles also cried tears of blood. (Also, if I'm not mistaken, they also sweat blood.)

The vampires in this show pretty much mirror Anne Rice's vampires in abilities and weaknesses. The major differences would be that TB's vampires don't appear to fly (though not all of Rice's vamps had that ability) and TB's vampires can drain dead bodies without being poisoned. And Anne Rice's vampires didn't have retractable fangs.
Old 10-06-08, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
ah... never read Anne Rice's vampire novels.
Old 10-07-08, 05:42 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
the weakest episode so far in what is a great show

they need to turn up the pace a little bit
Old 10-07-08, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sven
This is what I'm thinking.
Me three. potential spoiler (just my speculation):
Spoiler:
All three ladies (once you count Granny) have been tight with Jason. Although the guy never said anything about Maudette he was obviously fond of the second girl. Killing granny could be backlash because Jason was out back screwing the divorcee the guy was all hot about.

Last edited by Nefarious; 10-07-08 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-07-08, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My guess of who the killer is:

Spoiler:
Tara. She's hot for Jason, and the two women he screwed just happened to end up dead. Then, as ultimate revenge for catching him screwing the divorcee behind the garbage dumpster, adding the fact that Sookie and Sam went to the church affair together (after Tara and Sam did the deed), Tara killed Adele Stackhouse.

Agree, or disagree?
Old 10-07-08, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
With every episode this show seems to be more interesting to me. I'm really glad I held on after what seemed (to me) like a really weak pilot.
Old 10-07-08, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne

Spoiler:
Tara. She's hot for Jason, and the two women he screwed just happened to end up dead. Then, as ultimate revenge for catching him screwing the divorcee behind the garbage dumpster, adding the fact that Sookie and Sam went to the church affair together (after Tara and Sam did the deed), Tara killed Adele Stackhouse.

Agree, or disagree?
Certainly plausible.
Spoiler:
She seemed to get out of bed/leave Sam's place before morning. So it doesn't appear she is aided via an alibi there. It would seem slightly odd that she would make the big speech to Sam about it is just a friends with benefits arrangement and then go crazy but, hey, chicks do crazy things Not sure that there is a strong enough case on the Maudette side but there doesn't seem to be for any particular character at this point.
Old 10-09-08, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think Adele's killer is the same one. The first two murders were bloodless murders, strangulation I think? Adele's was a bloodbath.
Old 10-09-08, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spoiler:
After thinking about it more it doesn't seem as likely that it is the tall, quiet guy. His "thoughts" that Sookie read after the second girl died would seem very odd if he had killed her. I have to lean more towards MadonnasManOne's speculation of Tara now. The first two could have just been her trying to eliminate competition. The last could have been out of anger and frustration.
Old 10-09-08, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne

Spoiler:

Agree, or disagree?
Agreed.
Old 10-09-08, 11:27 PM

Best episode of the series so far, but all the previous ones were horrendous. I'll keep on watching because this is pure train wreck TV for me, I know I should look away, but I can't.