Reload this Page >

The Blind Dead Collection - $27.49 shipped @ Amazon.com

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 10-01-08, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very good price on this set. I placed my order.

http://www.amazon.com/Collection-Gal.../dp/B000AM6MVO
Old 10-02-08, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A great price indeed.

FYI: Some of the initial copies of this box set contained defective discs for Tombs of the Blind Dead & Return of the Blind Dead. It's been suspected that Amazon has been selling some of these. If you happen to acquire one of these, you can email Blue Underground & they will give instructions on how to replace these discs.

I had to to this when I bought a cheap Blind Dead box from Amazon a year or two ago. Blue Underground replaced my discs.

Not saying this is 100% likely, so don't get yourself too worried, but nonetheless you might want want to skim through Return & Blind to make sure they're not the defective transfers.
Old 10-02-08, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, I didn't SEE this. It's a BLIND buy for me...
Old 10-02-08, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good to know Living Deadpan. I plan to watch them right when I get them anyways.
Old 10-02-08, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Living Deadpan

FYI: Some of the initial copies of this box set contained defective discs for Tombs of the Blind Dead & Return of the Blind Dead. Not saying this is 100% likely, so don't get yourself too worried, but nonetheless you might want want to skim through Return & Blind to make sure they're not the defective transfers.
Or you can just look at the disc artwork itself to see if it's the corrected version or not. The corrected versions have a "-V2" added to the catalog number right under the BU logo on the disc artwork.
Old 10-02-08, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's an unbelievably great price. Too bad I already bought it.
Old 10-02-08, 10:07 AM

Thanks Alfonso, bewn maeaning to pick this up for awhile!
Old 10-02-08, 11:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hmmm...I think I will add them to my NetFlix queue and check them out this weekend to see if they're worth a purchase to me.
Old 10-02-08, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts
For those interested, I believe the defects with this set amounted to a brief (but noticeable) audio pop on a couple of the films. I know the English language track on the second film had this problem. It didn't really bother me enough to pay the shipping and insurance fees to return the affected discs after I heard about the replacement offer, but it's nice BU has such great quality standards to remedy the situation for those who were irked by it. Hopefully all the copies Amazon are selling are corrected versions at this point

BTW, it's hard not to have buyer's remorse after I shelled out over $50 for a used copy of this set on ebay last summer when I read it had supposedly gone out-of-print.

Last edited by joe_b; 10-02-08 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-02-08, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by man*machine
Or you can just look at the disc artwork itself to see if it's the corrected version or not. The corrected versions have a "-V2" added to the catalog number right under the BU logo on the disc artwork.
Darn. I got my set a while back from Amazon (for about $13 more) and never opened it. Will BU care if my purchase is a year or so ago if I have the bad discs? Also, how does the disc replacement program work?
Old 10-02-08, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by SPRBD
Darn. I got my set a while back from Amazon (for about $13 more) and never opened it. Will BU care if my purchase is a year or so ago if I have the bad discs? Also, how does the disc replacement program work?
I found instructions on the home theatre forum at http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...ll-notice.html
However, since the instructions are three year old, you might want to contact Blue Underground first ( at [email protected] ) to make sure the replacement program is still active.
Old 10-02-08, 04:16 PM

Thanks! Any idea what's wrong with the bad discs?
Old 10-02-08, 04:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks! Any idea what's wrong with the bad discs?
Check "Joe_b"'s post above yours.
Old 10-02-08, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by bsmith
Check "Joe_b"'s post above yours.
Oops!! Thanks.
Old 10-03-08, 08:11 PM

Blue Underground has always been great in their customer-service replacement issues, at least as far as I'm concerned. They also fixed their first SADOMANIA release (the initial one had a transfer with an incorrect day-for-night scene) and they reissued it in a corrected "V2" version. Very easy exchange there as well. I also had a problem with my "HEROIN BUSTERS" disc that freezed and glitched at a certain point on every player I tried it on - it was not a widespread problem on this title as far as I know, but BU immediately sent me a replacement that works perfectly. Yes, you do have to send in the bad disc first, but at least they are there to respond to such problems (unlike companies like DARK SKY who just ignore you completely). I'm sure BU will still accept the first BLIND DEAD discs for exchange if you contact them - it doesn't matter when you bought them.
Old 10-03-08, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Too good to pass up, I've been waiting for some insane price on this and here it is!
Old 10-16-08, 02:27 PM

I received my set from Amazon today and it is indeed the "old" version with the uncorrected DVDs. Two of the DVDs were also floating free in their cases and are minorly scratched. Pretty disappointing.
Old 10-16-08, 03:40 PM

Has anybody who got this set from Amazon gotten one with the corrected discs?
Old 10-16-08, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Has anybody who got this set from Amazon gotten one with the corrected discs?
^^^^^
See poster above you

I am still waiting on my set. Just contacted Blue Underground via email, to see if they are still doing the replacement program.
Old 10-17-08, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by asianxcore
^^^^^
See poster above you

I am still waiting on my set. Just contacted Blue Underground via email, to see if they are still doing the replacement program.
I know he got the bad discs. I'm asking if anybody got the good discs from Amazon.
Old 10-19-08, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Got my Blind Dead set over the weekend.

There is no "V2" on the disc numbers on the individual DVD's. Looks like I got the old set

Also my set arrived all with floaters. Oh well.
Old 10-19-08, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mine are the old ones but I don't really care. Whats wrong with them isn't enough to really bother me.
Old 10-20-08, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by alfonsosoriano
Mine are the old ones but I don't really care. Whats wrong with them isn't enough to really bother me.
yeah I watched all 4, never knew anything was wrong. Went to check after this thread, discovered I have no "V2"s either.
Old 10-20-08, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'll take the old ones for under $30 over the V2s for over $50.
Old 10-20-08, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i contacted Blue Underground about 6 months or so ago about exchanging my old discs for the new ones. it took quite awhile to get a response but they told me they have a FEW left and i can mail mine in. if alot of people are buying these off amazon now, you may have a hard time getting replacements, as they may run out with this recent surge. just letting people know my experience.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.